HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cancelling the Home.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:19 am 

Hi there,
Just was wondering if one has to change their mind after the deal is done and the deposit taken, Are there ways to deal with Mattamy with the purchase of thier new home or you lose your money?. Even though one lost their job and is in dire straights....
Trini

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:09 pm 

Wait it out, & sell the house after you have the keys and make some money.

Not what we are going to do, but you can make some serious cheddar that way.

I noticed in line that some Lady Real Estate agent was buying two houses. Had two kids line up for her one night. Now was that a business decision or what?

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:37 pm 

We purchased our home in July 2003 and were both employed at the time. Our closing was October 2004. My Fiance at the time (we got married August 2004) was laid off his job in January 2004 and we lost as a couple over 70% of our income immediately.

A lot of sleepless nights and tears and fears about losing our first home etc. but we were set on the fact that we were going to go through with our wedding (we'd been engaged since Dec 2002) and hopefully everything would work out for our new home. We didn't go to Mattamy or the bank and knew we'd only do that if there was no job prospects at all within a few months of closing. My Fiance did get a new job equally well paying in the middle of July 2004 so we were ok with closing etc. but times were really tough between Jan and July.

Sorry if this seems like a long story but I just wanted to give you some hope etc. if this situation is like yours and you are considering forgetting the deal.

The unfortunate thing is when homes are bought so far in the future is that life circumstances can change for the better and the worse. I hope that things work out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:07 pm 

I'm looking in the area myself.
who knows, if your place is somthing I'm interested in you could always transfer the home, and get your deposit back.
win win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:46 am 

I agree with holding on to the home Trini. Hawthorne Village is a very desirable place to live and will remain that way in the future. I am positive that you would be able to unload your home very easily if things do not work out. My wife and I are closing in July 05 and are currently selling our home in Hawthorne Village. We are using the Barnetteam to sell our home. They have sold pretty well every model in the village and have a wealth of information about the market. You may want to have free consultation with them to discuss your options should you decide to sell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:00 pm 

Milton is the new Mississauga. Housing is going to go up up up. Now with a new Walmart Cantire & maybe the Ciniplex, thats going to make things more desireable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:50 am 

Hi All,
Thanks to you all for your awesome positive feedback and for Rick to create this site. I look forward to see you all in Sept 05.....
Trini.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:04 pm 

Buttafly77 wrote:
A lot of sleepless nights and tears and fears about losing our first home etc. but we were set on the fact that we were going to go through with our wedding (we'd been engaged since Dec 2002) and hopefully everything would work out for our new home. We didn't go to Mattamy or the bank and knew we'd only do that if there was no job prospects at all within a few months of closing. My Fiance did get a new job equally well paying in the middle of July 2004 so we were ok with closing etc. but times were really tough between Jan and July..... I hope that things work out!

Great story about determination and seeing things through Buttafly.

Trini, on behalf of most of the people on this message board: we're pulling for you, man. Do the best you can and scrounge everywhere. It's tough now, but it'll be worth it. I'm sure we all wish you good luck in hanging on.