HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Has your experience with Mattamy been good or bad?
Poll ended at Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:08 pm
Good 100%  100%  [ 9 ]
Bad 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:15 am 

Tara

You may not be able to get an unbiased view on this board, after all, we all (I think) bought new Mattamy homes in Milton.

I currently own a Mattamy home in Mississauga and we have been quite happy with it. Yes, there were some small issues, but that is to be expected of any mass home builder. The important thing is that they fixed every problem we ever found with the house. Some builders, as soon as you hand over the check, you never hear from them again.

Hope that input (as biased as it may be :)) helps.

Derek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:42 pm 

Tara,

Consider that buying a home is a very emotionally charged experience. Some smaller issues always set us as people off when we have so much invested into it. You will never have the perfect home buying experience. What JKD said though does speak volumes, as does Mattamy's popularity on a whole, I think. We have already experienced frustrations with Mattamy, but need to put this into perspective.

As for the quality... you pay for what you get, right? Put in the money for upgrades, and you will have better quality. The same is true for any other builder or comparing one builder to another.

I think the most important decision to make is not which builder you go with, but rather what are you looking for in a community, and in house floor plans. Many of us bought Mattamy because we liked their floorplans better than others and saw that the community has a great potential. But that's just our opinions.

-Marc

Post subject: Mattamy home quality
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:44 am 

I have two friends, one is an electrician working for a builder the other one a professional painter.

When they visited our newly bought Mattamy home they were iompressed.

The electrician commended the builder for the qualitty of materials used (never seen a builder installing a Siemens electrical panel in a non-custom house before - were his words).

The painter really liked the painting job (not the quality of paint though). He looked at the details: corners, door and wiindow cases and said: That's as good as it gets for a non-custom job.

As the others said, nothing is perfect from a mass builders and there are things that I hoped were done better but overall we had a positive experience.

One thing that was real crap was the thermostat installed by Applewood, the furnace contractor. The smallest margin of errors when setting the temperature was at least 2 degrees C. And it is a mercury thermostat. The good thing, it took less then 5 minutes to replace it with a programable one.