HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:03 am 

Thanks Admit1 for taking the time to join this forum and post your review.

As you know there was a few surprises found in the 5 year old Mattamy home including finished basement problems that are the result of unprofessional amateur work and that nasty leak below the master bedroom shower. I know at the time that finding these issues was a disappointment but sometimes inspections do reveal bad news as well as no news at all.

Feel free to phone anytime should you have any questions.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:52 pm 

Just want to say thanks to Andy for his exceptional service. Andy, you are a true professional who takes his time and pride in work. I am really happy with your service especially informing us about home maintenance and issues during the inspection. Without your help and experience we would not have caught issues for our 30 day inspection.

For those looking for inspection, I would highly recommend Andy. He is kind enough to offer consultancy in case of disputes with builder on warranty issues caught during inspection which I am sure I may be needing his help with. In addition, he takes his time in explaining stuff in details.

I am glad I called Andy for this to protect my home and have mattamy sort issues out. Definitely will be using Andy for 1 year inspection as well.

Thanks once again Andy!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:11 pm 

sk1386 wrote:
Just want to say thanks to Andy for his exceptional service. Andy, you are a true professional who takes his time and pride in work. I am really happy with your service especially informing us about home maintenance and issues during the inspection. Without your help and experience we would not have caught issues for our 30 day inspection.

For those looking for inspection, I would highly recommend Andy. He is kind enough to offer consultancy in case of disputes with builder on warranty issues caught during inspection which I am sure I may be needing his help with. In addition, he takes his time in explaining stuff in details.

I am glad I called Andy for this to protect my home and have mattamy sort issues out. Definitely will be using Andy for 1 year inspection as well.

Thanks once again Andy!

Thanks sk1386,

:) Glad to help. Feel free to phone me if you need some advice.

:arrow: I trust you received your online PDF file report. Just save it to your computer and attach it to your Tarion list.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:11 am 

Thank you Andy for a thorough home inspection. The issues you caught were MAJOR and I would have completed missed them for my 30 day. Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:10 pm 

lacoste3 wrote:
Thank you Andy for a thorough home inspection. The issues you caught were MAJOR and I would have completed missed them for my 30 day. Thank you!

Thanks lacoste3, and thanks for being a repeat customer and referring your brother. Yes, your inspection was very revealing. Now it's time for the builder to make the repairs promptly so you can get on your summer.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:44 am 

Hi all,

This review is late in coming... but Andy did a 30-day inspection for me on my new Mattamy townhouse. The reviews I read here were the reason I contacted him in the first place, and he definitely did not disappoint. Andy took me through the house in meticulous detail, explaining how everything worked, what was done well, what was done "poorly" but not a big deal, and several significant issues that had to be fixed.

He found several issues that I never noticed and wouldn't have otherwise found on my own: my main bath vent was roofed over and so wasn't making it outside... my HRV wasn't installed to code... etc.

The battle that ensued with Mattamy Warranty was, of course, super annoying... but everything was fixed eventually. Big thanks to Andy for providing awesome service. It was, without a doubt, worth every last penny!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:56 pm 

Thanks aboss,

That's great to hear that your issues have been or are getting resolved. Like your home, there are many other new homes out there with similar and even worse problems. I know this because of the very high volume of serious problems I am finding during inspections these days in both Mattamy Milton and Oakville developmnents. Some of these problems can, over time, cause significant mould and rot problems or cause health concerns yet many of these issues are just left to fester when homes are not properly inspected.

Taking a chance on a new build today is a big mistake. I regularly find venting issues like yours, gas code violations, furnace and HRV problems, roof and exterior problems, workmanship issues, etc., etc., etc.,

For those reading this - Next time a Mattamy warranty worker or any other Mattamy worker tells you your house is fine and it's been inspected then understand this - IT HAS NOT BEEN PROPERLY INSPECTED.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:47 pm 

Andy just completed our 30 day inspection today. Great guy with a tremendous amount of knowledge. Highly recommended.

Thanks Andy! See you in less than a year.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:30 pm 

surfer2 wrote:
Andy just completed our 30 day inspection today. Great guy with a tremendous amount of knowledge. Highly recommended.

Thanks Andy! See you in less than a year.

:arrow: Thanks for the feedback surfer2.

See you next spring for your one year review on the home. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:51 pm 

andy has good knowledge but lacks professionalism

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:20 pm 

pb18 wrote:
andy has good knowledge but lacks professionalism

I'm sorry pb, that I can not do your inspection for that very low price that you suggested I do it for. I will also take it from this post that you do not want me to email you the info you requested. Sorry for the confusion. My prices are pretty well set, that way everyone gets the same value. :|

As well, I also explained to you on the phone today that if there was only a few issues that I would reduce my price for you. I guess that is not going to happen now. Again, sorry about the confusion. I guess there is a first time for everything.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:30 pm 

Andy just did the home inspection for us, he identified couple of key warranty issues, very happy with his service.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:26 am 

Thanks Johnshi,

It was my pleasure to inspect your home on one of my favourite new Milton streets. :)

Remember,,, regarding the attic issue that you point out - that because the rear and west side of your home is very exposed to high winds, that you are particularly vulnerable for the current problem to reoccur again and that they need to make sure that does not happen.

Feel free to phone me if you need help getting issues resolved.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:32 pm 

We can only say good words for Andy. This is our second house and we always had Andy coming for a inspection. Amazing service, knowledgeable and always ready to help. Highly recommended. Thanks Andy again!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:38 pm 

Strumf wrote:
We can only say good words for Andy. This is our second house and we always had Andy coming for a inspection. Amazing service, knowledgeable and always ready to help. Highly recommended. Thanks Andy again!!!

:) Thanks Strumf, I appreciate the feedback.

Repeat customers, reviews and referrals from customers keep me busy all the time. :arrow: Let me know when you need me to check the "exterior issue" that we talked about. I imagine that will be soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7