HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:09 pm 

Tony Lambert wrote:
sbd wrote:
Traffic is an absolute zoo !

401 westbound is a parking lot from about Hurontario westbound to Trafalgar.
401 eastbound (from Hwy 6) is busy also up to the Trafalgar exit.
Trafalgar Rd northbound towards Steeles from Derry is a parking lot & Steeles is backed up every which way !
There is definitely not enough parking at the new outlet, cars have parked in the surrounding area & people are walking.
I've seen a few tow trucks so if you are illegally parked it may not be worth the savings :shock:

I don't know what to say, but this mall seems uber (Germanic) popular because of US! My wards 1,6,7 and 8 pepes! Congrats Your Worship Mayor Bonette and my Halton Hills colleagues on Halton regional council. I'm happy we have more shopping options in Milton. Also, this will provide lots of jobs for Hlaton region and corporate taxes from the there. Cole Hans Eddie Bauer Nike! I'm so there. Respect an Finally! (We're almost there my people).

Shop Like There's No Tomorrow,
Tony

Tony Lambert
Town & Regional Coucillor
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
http://www.tony-lambert.ca

You obviously don't commute into Mississauga.
The location is terrible. That's really land best suited to industrial/commercial.
The 401 already clogs up at 401 and 407. Derry gets packed at the first sign of trouble and Steeles is a nightmare any time of day.
Its too far to be convenient. It's not transit accessible. Somewhere near the James Snow exit would have been far more convenient - either in Milton or Halton Hills from a community perspective and complimentary to the shopping experience already located there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:13 pm 

Tony Lambert wrote:
this mall seems uber (Germanic) popular because of US! Congrats Your Worship Mayor Bonette and my Halton Hills colleagues on Halton regional council. I'm very happy we have more shopping options for my people in Milton. Also, this will provide lots of jobs for Hlaton region and corporate taxes. Cole Hans. Eddie Bauer! Nike!!! I'm so, so there. Respect, and finally we reach.

Bartender! I'll have whatever he's having.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:08 pm 

What's up with the mall name "Toronto Premium Outlets"
http://www.torontopremiumoutlets.ca/img/logo.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:41 pm 

People were parking illegally all day today
Even parking on side of road (Trafalgar was bad, but some people parked over 1KM north on 8th line & then WALKED)
Utter chaos

Quote:
Shoppers lined up hours before the opening ceremony with crowds so large that traffic was backed up onto Highway 401 and other surrounding roads throughout much of the day. By mid-afternoon, there were still lines to get into many stores

They even had shuttle buses running from other locations just to offset the crush of people

Quote:
Alternate parking at SmartCentres, vacant Rona store. Located at the southwest corner of Trafalgar Road and Steeles Avenue West.
Shuttle service will be provided.

Last edited by shawnrk1 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:51 pm 

freemantrailfamily wrote:
Its too far to be convenient. It's not transit accessible. Somewhere near the James Snow exit would have been far more convenient - either in Milton or Halton Hills from a community perspective and complimentary to the shopping experience already located there.

What???
There is a bus stop at the mall (confirmed)

Also it is just over 10KM away; how close do you need shopping locations?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:52 pm 

amitbuk wrote:
Any word on how good the prices are?? Competitive? Crappy?

I'm hoping it's not just (Mississauga) Heartland V2

Its alot cheaper than Heartland but just like the US outlets you need to join the VIP clubs to get all the promo coupon books

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:53 pm 

saima67 wrote:
what is the address of these outlets??

13850 Steeles Avenue West

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:55 pm 

Some of the many articles about todays chaos

http://globalnews.ca/news/754596/toront ... ton-hills/

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/08/01/op ... um-outlets

http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/08/01/ ... grand.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:01 pm 

It will pass in a month. This is how Milton rolls, we’ve been deprived of business services others take for granted and we get all giddy when we get treated like a real town.

I remember back in the day before the big pipe and all this growth… Wendy’s moved into town. You couldn’t get near the place for a month. Wendys.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:03 pm 

bremer wrote:
It will pass in a month. This is how Milton rolls, we’ve been deprived of business services others take for granted and we get all giddy when we get treated like a real town.

I remember back in the day before the big pipe and all this growth… Wendy’s moved into town. You couldn’t get near the place for a month. Wendys.

Holy sh*t, we have a Wendy's

Where?

Crux sacra sit mihi lux! Non draco sit mihi dux!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:15 am 

Weren't they going to build an off-ramp for the outlets? Swear I read that somewhere a while back. Guess it didn't happen or it's delayed? Really surprised they didn't build an underground parking lot. This is Canada after all. Glad they built canopies over some of the shopping areas. Will give it a look in a few weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:45 am 

Well, I went yesterday. I have also been to the premium outlets in Las Vegas, so the layout/design was very familiar to me.

I don't pay much attention while "shopping", so I can't say if the deals were particularly good. I did get my boys some light-up Skechers and the total was $60 for two pairs, which is pretty good. That included the $10-off coupon from the VIP book though.

Does appear to be more geared for the female audience with the shops that are there. There was a kitchen store, but nothing else like electronics or hardware.

Not sure that the open air market will be well suited for any hard winter that can happen here. I wouldn't want to be walking from one end to the other in -20C and windchill/ice.

As for Tony, I think you could use some fashionable items from Hot Topic over Nike. I mean, Nike is a little bit typical for a man your age. Go young.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:31 am 

We braved the crowds and went last night also. Ended up parking in that bumpy-ass field across the street (with the really inefficient out cross-walk). I'm sure it will cool down after a couple weeks. It was like a clone of one of the outlets I've been to in Orlando, and like routehero says, I too wondered about the open air meets hard winter type of thing. Time will tell I guess. Hopefully they have a good maintenance crew, because wading through slush is going to suck.

Decent selection of stores and pretty good deals to be had. Spent a bunch of money at Cole Haan for a couple of pairs of wingtip oxfords, and also at Levi's. The Levi's store had a much better selection than other locations of their stores. And by that I mean, not every piece of denim had ridiculous stripy faux worn lines and weird washes all over them. So that was good. I thought there was enough mens fashion, but didn't get to check out the kitchen store. On the topic of Electronics, there is a Bose store, if your into the overpriced audio stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:31 am 

Anyone check out the Brooks Brothers there?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:43 am 

What Outlet Malls Don't Want You to Know :oops:

http://shine.yahoo.com/financially-fit/ ... 35354.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next