HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:34 am 

samsvoc wrote:
What Outlet Malls Don't Want You to Know :oops:

http://shine.yahoo.com/financially-fit/ ... 35354.html

Thanks for ruining that dream. What, no kids at the park today to tell them Santa isn’t real?

Try to explain the discount lie to my wife. The hardest thing in the universe is to make a woman understand that not buying something still saves more money than buying something on sale.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:40 am 

bremer wrote:
samsvoc wrote:

Thanks for ruining that dream. What, no kids at the park today to tell them Santa isn’t real?

Try to explain the discount lie to my wife. The hardest thing in the universe is to make a woman understand that not buying something still saves more money than buying something on sale.

LOL LOL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:54 am 

Discounts are effective until March 2014
So no new outlet sales coming, just stores tinkering with price points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:06 pm 

bremer wrote:
samsvoc wrote:

Saving money is for poor people.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:27 pm 

You just have to be particular. One of the pair of shoes I found at Cole Haan had a noticeable defect with the dying if you looked close. Just picked another box and they were fine. GAP outlets I found to be very different and full of really cheap stuff. This one is no different. Depends where you go. It's interesting comparing some of the stores. The Boss outlet is literally no-frills, concrete floor and piles of clothes not well organized on islands, where others are very much like anything you would find at the mall.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:30 pm 

I heard that half the parking lot was full of American license plates. Can anyone verify that?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:54 pm 

routehero wrote:
Well, I went yesterday. I have also been to the premium outlets in Las Vegas, so the layout/design was very familiar to me.

I don't pay much attention while "shopping", so I can't say if the deals were particularly good. I did get my boys some light-up Skechers and the total was $60 for two pairs, which is pretty good. That included the $10-off coupon from the VIP book though.

Does appear to be more geared for the female audience with the shops that are there. There was a kitchen store, but nothing else like electronics or hardware.

Not sure that the open air market will be well suited for any hard winter that can happen here. I wouldn't want to be walking from one end to the other in -20C and windchill/ice.

As for Tony, I think you could use some fashionable items from Hot Topic over Nike. I mean, Nike is a little bit typical for a man your age. Go young.

OK, maybe you're not Rob Derkatz Newbie nation pull back. I am 43 but strong bro.

Peace,
Tony

Tony Lambert
Town & Regional Councillor
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.tony-lambert.ca

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:20 pm 

Tony Lambert wrote:
routehero wrote:
Well, I went yesterday. I have also been to the premium outlets in Las Vegas, so the layout/design was very familiar to me.

I don't pay much attention while "shopping", so I can't say if the deals were particularly good. I did get my boys some light-up Skechers and the total was $60 for two pairs, which is pretty good. That included the $10-off coupon from the VIP book though.

Does appear to be more geared for the female audience with the shops that are there. There was a kitchen store, but nothing else like electronics or hardware.

Not sure that the open air market will be well suited for any hard winter that can happen here. I wouldn't want to be walking from one end to the other in -20C and windchill/ice.

As for Tony, I think you could use some fashionable items from Hot Topic over Nike. I mean, Nike is a little bit typical for a man your age. Go young.

OK, maybe you're not Rob Derkatz Newbie nation pull back. I am 43 but strong bro.

Peace,
Tony

Tony Lambert
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
http://www.tony-lambert.ca

huh?

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

Last edited by Norts999 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:24 pm 

routehero wrote:

Wouldn't they cease being poor as now able to save money?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:12 pm 

routehero wrote:

Getting excited about shopping (spending money) is for poor people.
The rich get excited when they have a good opportunity to make some money.
As tempered as that excitement might be.

Crux sacra sit mihi lux! Non draco sit mihi dux!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:11 am 

Tony Lambert wrote:
routehero wrote:

Peace,
Tony

Felicitations.

Now, being the aged and wise man that you are, I expect a full and complete apology for your false accusations of me being a decent human being (ie, Robb_D).

prickly_pete (failed by humanity) wrote:
I'm stuck working in the basement this morning and these people are squandering a PERFECT day outside by sitting in traffic so they can buy stuff.

Are you squandering your day in the basement instead of enjoying a PERFECT day outside collecting UV radiation?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:23 am 

prickly_pete wrote:
You do realize humans have spent the past 100,000 years out in the sun, right?

porch cam vid or it didn't happen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:32 am 

routehero wrote:
Now, being the aged and wise man that you are, I expect a full and complete apology for your false accusations of me being a decent human being (ie, Robb_D)

Real Thugs don't say sorry. It's a symptom of being illiterate and making up words.
Sorry you had to hear it here.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:09 pm 

routehero wrote:
Tony Lambert wrote:
routehero wrote:

Peace,
Tony

Felicitations.

Now, being the aged and wise man that you are, I expect a full and complete apology for your false accusations of me being a decent human being (ie, Robb_D).

prickly_pete (failed by humanity) wrote:
I'm stuck working in the basement this morning and these people are squandering a PERFECT day outside by sitting in traffic so they can buy stuff.

Are you squandering your day in the basement instead of enjoying a PERFECT day outside collecting UV radiation?

I'm going to get my UV while at the Scotia Bank Carabana jump up! Perfect day for it. Have a great long-weekend.

Best Regards,
Tony

Tony Lambert
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
www.tony-lambert.ca

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:40 pm 

prickly_pete wrote:
munchito wrote:
prickly_pete wrote:
You do realize humans have spent the past 100,000 years out in the sun, right?

porch cam vid or it didn't happen

Here you go. That's supposed to be a sun. Humans were also shitty at drawings back then. Probably too much sun.

I went back in time about 90,000 years and talked to the grand forefathers of cactus "prickly_pete" jack.

I gave them a synopsis of where we are at, with greenhouse gasses, ozone layer issues and a preponderance of melanoma in north america. Sure, I explained, it might be the most common form of cancer, but humans have lived through this sh*t for 100,000 years -- your future kin has told me thus.

Anyway, he grunted away that their lifespan of 30-40 years, a great many fell to the skin cancers of their day from overexposure, even without the luxury of 70 SPF suntan lotion.

Just thought I would pass that along. He says hi.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next