HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:23 pm 

I went to Mississauga today...around 4:00pm...Westbound was backed up, bumper to bumper from Trafalger to Erin Mills..and from EM to Mavis was getting to be bad...brutal! I took the 407 to Derry home.
Are the deals so good it's worth it for ALL those people to go? Crazyness!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:43 pm 

Not sure if it is the deals, looks like a permanent bottle neck has been created . Someone better look at it this is going to be a nightmare.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:13 pm 

Milton1 wrote:
Not sure if it is the deals, looks like a permanent bottle neck has been created . Someone better look at it this is going to be a nightmare.

Agree, if this is going to happened everyday from now on, it will be brutal at the afternoon rush hour, on Steele and on the 401.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:13 pm 

I don't think it'll be like that forever...or for too long. Hopefully it's a summer thing and then is only busy on Saturday afternoons :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:42 pm 

It will die down I'm sure, but I'm glad I don't need to take any of the major routes to my office!

Although I'm sure it's going to be stellar during the Christmas season with snow on the roads!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:11 am 

401 is insane in that area now. someone f*** up bad. this needs to be fixed asap.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:49 am 

It's back to school fever... It will calm down, I am sure.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:23 pm 

[quote="Tony Lambert wrote : Congrats Your Worship Mayor Bonette and my Halton Hills colleagues on Halton regional council. I'm very happy we have more shopping options for my people in Milton. [/quote]

401 west bound backed up to Mavis Road, east bound slow but moving. On a Sunday afternoon ??? Yes congrats Halton Hills Council for all the thought and consideration that went into the planning surrounding access and parking during the approval process for this shopping plaza... Well done... And Tony since when did we become your people

Rick Malboeuf
Councillor Ward 4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:40 pm 

I literally saw cars parked all the way to the 407 on the rightmost lane. I guess they were waiting to get on to the Trafalgar exit.

Traffic was extremely slow in the other lanes.

Came home on Britannia to avoid that mess.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:44 pm 

Rick Malboeuf wrote:
[quote="Tony Lambert wrote : Congrats Your Worship Mayor Bonette and my Halton Hills colleagues on Halton regional council. I'm very happy we have more shopping options for my people in Milton.

401 west bound backed up to Mavis Road, east bound slow but moving. On a Sunday afternoon ??? Yes congrats Halton Hills Council for all the thought and consideration that went into the planning surrounding access and parking during the approval process for this shopping plaza... Well done... And Tony since when did we become your people

Rick Malboeuf
Councillor Ward 4

All good points Councillor Malboeuf, very good points. I don't know, a friend of mine who travels to Michigan often told me these Premium outlets (same owners) are very, very busy in the States. Apparently people charter a bus, and go shopping there for the day, so maybe this traffic issue is not going to change in a month. But having said that, two things. One, on this thread alone, more than 13,000 views. And that's just Milton, not Acton Brampton or Mississauaga. Second, this may be a blip. Target is not as busy as the first week they opened, remember how busy it was when they first opened the doors at the mall. So maybe this will putter out, we'll see.

Also, a guy I chatted with yesterday, told me he went to the mall and paid $8 for an ice tea!!! Can anyone confirm this? Can this be true?

Also Councillor, lol, you're right, as per usual. I just like to think Miltonians are my friends/people (including yourself fine sir).

Best Regards,
Tony

Tony Lambert
Town & Regional Councillor
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
http://www.tony-lambert.ca

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:57 pm 
Magnanimous response Tony. I like your new attitude.

Malboeuf over the top.

H

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:20 pm 

Tony Lambert wrote:
Also, a guy I chatted with yesterday, told me he went to the mall and paid $8 for an ice tea!!! Can anyone confirm this? Can this be true?

I saw residential places in area renting parking spots even
Big bucks for those within a km

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:40 am 

The mall should havehad to pay for a modified exit, just like Vaughan Mills had to do.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:53 am 

^^^ Agreed I don't understand why this would not have been not done, but I am sure if the traffic keeps up the mall will be forced to do something about it.

I really believe the traffic will calm in time.

Anyone remember when Crispy Cream opened?
The line ups where so bad people waiting in line for hours, just for a donut!
They had police on the corner to direct traffic.

I waited about 3 months, then ventured to crispy creams. The line up finally died and I got a box of donuts with in 4 car lengths
Now no one is ever there, I don't think they even need a drive thru anymore

This will calm and regular shopping will presume as usual.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:13 pm 

If its any indicator lines haven't cooled for Mattamy home purchases :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next