HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:41 am 

This is :lol: :lol: :lol:

Testing should be done, going forward, on hwys as well as in snow conditions too! Some people just suck at driving.

Take the bashing here. It is way better than taking it from a raged driver behind/beside you on the road! Here, you'll get over it... There, they may flip you the bird or even your car.

Testing should be a standard procedure accross Canada!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:10 am 

since we're on topic..
howsabout we retest every 5 years so all the driving "habits" we pick up can be corrected/fixed/fine tuned

totally agree that test should include 3 way turns, parallel parking, highway merging/driving, winter driving... BACKING UP in some cases

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:35 am 

Thanks for the pointers!

Kevin and Amanda - I didnt say you were rude!

I'm just nervous about DOING the test! just as I was nervous doing the G2- and Hey, I passed, been driving since -no tickets, no accidents!

To everyone who provided pointers and info! - THANKS :) MUCH APPRECIATED!

I agree with being re-tested every 5 years!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:26 pm 
Wow, you think they'd close a loophole like this. It's scary that GTA drivers want to get their licence in some hick town to avoid the big road and big scary cars. You should have to take your licence in the area you live in. Oh well, I'm still hoping they'll make people take a test/get a licence to have kids!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:14 pm 

im going for my G soon also, im not sure what speed i should do when they ask me to hit the fast lane. if everyones doing 120, i cant merge and do 100, but going over the limit is instant fail anywhere else. anyone got insight on that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:55 pm 

Just remember this. When you merge onto a highway, put the friggen foot on the gas! HARD... Nothing worse than idiots entering at 70-80km/h, then after they merge, they speed up. :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:00 pm 

Ellis wrote:
im going for my G soon also, im not sure what speed i should do when they ask me to hit the fast lane. if everyones doing 120, i cant merge and do 100, but going over the limit is instant fail anywhere else. anyone got insight on that?

pretty sure they can't fail you if you're going the speed of the traffic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:54 am 

Ellis wrote:

You can accelerate past 100 km/h a bit if needed only for merging or lane changing according to my driving instructor ages ago, but just coast back down to the limit.

I too agree with the mean people on the site that one ought not hide from highway testing.

Be prepared, but if you are lucky, you will not have to do many of the things that scare people like parallel parking and back parking. Back in 2000, I did my G test and had to merge onto the DVP of all highways. I was lucky in that there was traffic volume so it was easy to merge, and didn't have to go fast. I have also never been asked to do parallel parking. Good luck!