HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:25 pm 

hi09 wrote:
im in toronto - just moved to milton 4 months ago - first 2 i drove back and fourth - drive home was usually 1.5 hrs from the financial district....but then i discovered the go train - way better - see if that will work - not sure what level of career you are at - but i doubt there is much IT in Milton...

I work at an awkward time (usually get into the office for 6:30ish), so i'm not sure if that'd help me or not, i'd just rather not drive the 40+ km each way into Etobicoke... If it were a job that I liked, I wouldn't have minded it so much :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:56 am 

Milton Hydro Distribution Inc.

Journeyman Lineperson

http://mearie.talentnest.com/en/candidate/view_job/3002

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:46 am 
Site Admin

The new bowling alley/playdium lite is having a job fair this thursday to sunday...see their website at http://www.champsfec.com/ for more info...
Quote:
UPDATE!! Jan 9/12 - JOB FAIR THIS WEEKEND
We are interviewing and hiring for all positions... Servers, Bartenders, Barbacks, Bussers, Hosts-Guest Service and Restaurant, Expediters, Food Runners, Garde Manger, Entremetier, Saucier, all levels of Cooks, Prep Cooks, Dishwashers

Over 100 positions available!!!

Bring your resume to 300 Bronte Street South, Milton Ontario, L9T 1Y8.

Job fair will be held in the very FRONT PORTION CLOSEST TO BRONTE ST. Use the front door of the building.

Thursday January 12 11am-4pm and 6pm-8:30pm
Friday January 13 11am-4pm and 6pm-8:30pm
Saturday January 14 11am-6pm
Sunday January 15 11am-4pm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:44 pm 

Hi Friends,

We are currently hiring for an office admin/studio manager. This will start as a part time position with the plan to move into full time hours by the summer if all works out. Pays $14 per hour. Please email or drop off your resume to the following:

info@calculatedstyle.com
157 Main St. E. Milton

Cheers,

Aron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:54 pm 

cactus_jack wrote:
haun wrote:
hi im looking for a good job too . i am 16 years old .thank you and please message me . just looking for good pocket money
anything will do , just message . thank you

Dude, you really need to clean up your typing if you want anyone to take you seriously.

Hello, I am a 16 year-old looking for some part time work. I don't have much experience, but I am a hard worker and know the importance of doing a job properly and efficiently. Please let me know if you'd like to get together to discuss any potential openings you may have. I'm open to anything, and am really eager to get started. Thanks for reading this, and I hope to speak with you soon.

That's what I'd say.

...and leave out the pocket money. You know what I spent my pocket money on when I was 16? Cigarettes, beer, and weed. Tell them you're saving for university, even though you don't know what you're going to take yet.

Do you spend your pocket money any differently today? I don't! :D (well, I quit smoking...uh...cigarettes)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:15 pm 
Visit www.nicole-mckenzie.com work from home opportunities no scams, selling, or home parties

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:00 pm 

arongoss wrote:
Hi Friends,

We are currently hiring for an office admin/studio manager. This will start as a part time position with the plan to move into full time hours by the summer if all works out. Pays $14 per hour. Please email or drop off your resume to the following:

info@calculatedstyle.com
157 Main St. E. Milton

Cheers,

Aron

This position has been filled.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:43 pm 

For anyone who is looking in the town or region, there is a number of full, part-time and seasonal positions available at the Town of Milton and Region of Halton.

http://www.milton.ca/en/work/careers.asp and http://www.halton.ca under jobs at the top right hand corner.

Also the Milton Chamber of Commerce is hiring summer students to work in the office and to work the Farmers market booth on Saturday mornings call 905-878-0581 or check their latest newsletter for more information.

Good luck.

Colin Best
Local & regional councillor
Wards 2,3,4,5 North of Derry road.
Milton/Halton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:25 pm 
www.nicole-mckenzie.com full time and part time opportunities

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:24 am 
cactus_jack wrote:
mommyof4 wrote:
http://www.nicole-mckenzie.com full time and part time opportunities

What is this? There is no information on the site that explains what this is, only promises of money and "freedom".

Are there startup costs involved?
If so, are they refundable?
What do you actually do?

If this company is not willing to disclose at least some details regarding what exactly it is, why would I give out my personal information to them? It feels like they are hiding something.

They are hiding nothing they just want people to connect with someone with company to discuss it further. Any money you do spend is no new money, if I truly felt you had intention of understanding what I do which is working for a company recognized by the BBB I would explain however by all your other replies I simply know you are just posting for the sake of trying to upset which you have. So I am off this forum as of now.

I cant deal with this, yes I do take what people say to heart because I am an honest straight up mom trying to live and work where my children are and i wanted to give other people the opportunity to do what I do. I too am a resident of Milton and feel terrible that I'm living among so many angry or dishonest people that made you all treat me the way you did. However like I said I'm off this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:28 pm 

I don't see where anyone has been rude to you at all mommyof4. Cactus may have just been pushing your buttons but your reaction would turn anyone off who may have been thinking about making a serious inquiry.

What exactly were you expecting? Did you think people were going to start forming a line infront of your house waiting to sign up without the capability of asking any questions? Good luck in all your ventures, with your attitude toward a little adversity you're going to need luck.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:29 am 
I inquired about a similar thing that I heard through AM640 radio (work from home commercial). I had to pay like $40 for the info package. Once I got it and looked it over, I had to call my 'mentor'. It seemed legit as they were going to help me set up a website to sell health products but I did have to pay $500 upfront to cover certain costs. Just didn't want to risk it, just in case.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:39 am 

Thats because its a Ponzi scheme, already did some research. On top of it that company tests on animals too. Any company that wont willingly give out information, and claims you have to contact them personally because they have "so many emails" hahah.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:38 pm 

Strik3rr wrote:
Thats because its a Ponzi scheme, already did some research. On top of it that company tests on animals too. Any company that wont willingly give out information, and claims you have to contact them personally because they have "so many emails" hahah.

Why doesn't everyone understand that there's no free lunch.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 am 

Milton Hydro is looking for a Senior Billing and Customer Service Clerk.

http://mearie.talentnest.com/en/candidate/view_job/3738

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next