HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:26 pm 

All I know is their sales centre staff are complete idiots (and rude to boot).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:50 am 

Huh??? They are by far the main reason we bought a Country Home! Single most accomodating builder we've ever had the experience of buying from. It also helps that their standard features are considered costly upgrades with other builders ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:59 am 

P&A wrote:
It also helps that their standard features are considered costly upgrades with other builders ;)

Just out of curiosity ... What are some of Country Homes standard features that are costly with other builders?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:22 am 

They allowed a few structural changes without extra cost (in our home anyways)

Extended upper kitchen cabinets
Wrought iron pickets
Oak stair case
Hardwood
Roughed in basement
Extra large basement windows
Upgraded baseboard and trim
Standard 40 oz. broadloom in bedrooms

Oh, and they painted our entire main floor and upper hallway in the color of our choice, we supplied the paint

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:39 am 

I could only dream about those things being offered though Mattamy :cry: ... makes me wonder why so many people choose Mattamy in Milton over other builders :?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:05 pm 

P&A wrote:
They allowed a few structural changes without extra cost (in our home anyways)

Extended upper kitchen cabinets
Wrought iron pickets
Oak stair case
Hardwood
Roughed in basement
Extra large basement windows
Upgraded baseboard and trim
Standard 40 oz. broadloom in bedrooms

Oh, and they painted our entire main floor and upper hallway in the color of our choice, we supplied the paint

Wow that's not bad, but tell me at what cost??

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:24 pm 

I agree with Burrcold. Unless they've gotten better (we bought a long time ago), the sales people ARE idiots

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:32 pm 

I find Mattamy's sales reps and DC reps to be a little snobby :| on the other hand, my customer care rep is awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:38 pm 

Our house is 1900 sq ft, we bought it two years ago and paid $386, none of what I listed above cost extra, we really had an exceptional experience with Country and would buy from them again

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:30 pm 

Ummm, hardwood for free? When we bought Country Homes about 8 years ago, larger bsmt windows were $250 each. There was only one free upgrade, everything else was a lot extra.
If the rep promises you anything, make sure you get it in writing. I know someone that got burned bad.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:14 am 

Some of the Country Homes I have inspected have Lennox Hydronic Air Handlers that use hot water to heat the house instead of the traditional gas burner and heat exchanger. These units operate on the same principal as the High Velocity Systems that Mattamy uses but IMO the Lennox unit is a much better brand and it uses traditional supply and return ducts making the unit much quieter when it operates.

I'm not sure if they use these in all their homes or if they will be installing them in their newest homes but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Product brochure PDF file - http://www.lennox.com/pdfs/brochures/Lennox_CBWMV_Air_Module.pdf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:21 am 

Yes that's what we have

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:28 am 

P&A wrote:
Huh??? They are by far the main reason we bought a Country Home! Single most accomodating builder we've ever had the experience of buying from. It also helps that their standard features are considered costly upgrades with other builders ;)

Well I hope their staff has improved if their product is so great. We went 3 years ago, and were met with the most unwelcoming staff, that actually asked us "are you really sure you can afford these types of houses?". We walked out and went right to the Heathwood sales office and put our money down. Better builder and experience anyway. So I guess THANKS Country Homes! BTW all of those standard features were also included with Heathwood.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:38 am 

I've heard amazing things about Heathwood, their homes are stunning! We weren't crazy about the location, but gorgeous homes and finishes to say the least

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:53 am 

We bought from Country Homes two years ago. Overall a pretty good experience. They gave us an oak staircase for free and upgraded our parquet to much better looking hardwood for free as well.

As for the high velocity furnace, I can't stand the stupid thing. Noisy and just not that great frome a heating standpoint compared to a traditional furnace.

We considered Mattamy about 6 months before we bought from Country Homes. We had our house picked out, went in and talked to sales about buying, but we didn't have our cheques with us at the time. The sales lady asked us to come back with them to finalize. We came back about an hour later and were ready to purchase and she wouldn't even acknowledge us. She was "too busy" to help us. She told us to come back some other time. We didn't.

We also considered Heathwood. Nice houses. Nice finishes. But a little too pricey for what we wanted to spend.

We are really pleased overall with Country Homes.