HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: L. A. Fitness
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:51 pm 

samsvoc wrote:
Finally signed up yesterday.

LA Fitness has 2 membership choices. The first is $99 sign up fee and $34.99 per month or what I chose, $249 sign up fee and $24.99 per month. You pay by ABW or CC and the sign up fee and first and last are charged. At the 15 month mark, both programs cost the same. It's only after the 15th month the the second program is cheaper. I just hope I keep going to the gym on a regular basis.

You 'just hope'? Splendid!

Nerd in me instantly cried out;

Good luck though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:47 am 

I went last week and I didn't notice it being too warm. I did enjoy going to a gym where I can get on any machine without the wait. Unlike the Burlington location, there are people who just like hang around the machine and talk.

The layout is practically the same as premier but all the cardio machines are on the first floor.

They need more mirrors in the change room so that I can see my progress in every angel. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:17 pm 

Bumping this. Any different opinions a year later?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:22 pm 

Yes, double bump. Are the change-rooms well-maintained and did they inherit all of Premier's equipment? Has membership cancellation been easy or been an ordeal?

I too have been thinking about jumping ship as I'm finding the Goodlife to be too busy after work, too cramped, and the change-rooms are too small and too dirty.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:47 pm 

Good bump.
Does anyone know the monthly rates at the moment and if they offer one year cash payment at some discount?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:19 am 

I hate to take the money out of the gym as they get paid for the local signups
But you do realize if you sign up through your corporate reps there are no signup fees, the rate is $10 cheaper per month, and they give discounts on other services as well

Goodlife (& the old Premiere) were exact same way

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:01 am 

I'm still there.

The place is spotless at all times....Well, actualy, the floors are filthy because at this time of the year everyone is tromping salt and snow all over the place, but they have two cleaners on hand at all times and all I ever see them do is mop the place, over and over and over. The place is as clean as you can get this time of year.

The machines are not Premier's. They're all new, and are well maintained. I have never seen one remain broken for more then a few days.

It can get crowded at peak times. If I go between 5-7, it can get frustrating, but it's still better then Goodlife was. The only real complaint I have is that there are not enough attachments around for the cable machines.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:35 am 

I just cancelled my membership at LA Fitness after going for about 6 months. Very well-maintained, clean, good machines that are never broken for more than a day in my experience. Ended up cancelling to go back to working out @ home for 6 months.

I usually go in the morning, in the 8-10AM window. It can be busy in the evenings, but not "unusable" like Premier was. Good amount of machines and varieties. Looking forward to joining again in the fall.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:38 am 

Hmmm, great feedback, thanks gents, I like clean facilities and lots of space.

Without getting too personal, do you guys pay more than $40/month all in?? I currently pay $36.16/month at Goodlife and only get to go to their location.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:40 am 

I think I was paying $38-40 ish per month + tax, no sign-up fee.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:58 am 

Good to know. Anyone take any classes? I took a zumba class at Premier and felt like we were all dancing the way my mother in law dances when she was drunk. Wasn't exercise.

Also, does anyone know anything about the kids club? Credentials they would need etc? I am hesitant to leave my LO with them while I work out so might have to look at evening workouts if I decide to join.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:19 pm 

I just joined recently. I pay $ 30 for me, $ 35 for wife, and $ 10 for the kids club with 149 initial fee.

Compared to the goodlife, its much better due to the extra space. But in terms of staff, Goodlife seemed a lot better; service and friendliness.

We have left our baby at the kids club 4 times now; the first time we went, we didn't like the woman there too much; she was busy talking to her friends. the last three times, we got a different lady who actually was paying attention and even holding the baby. Goodlife's jump club girls were really good with the baby the 5-6 times we went there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:40 pm 

I like the gym, and when we go (5am) its like a private gym.

That said, early it can be dirty / messy with weights all over the place, and, DO NOT sign up for any form of personal training. I got sucked in and long story short they charged me for training I never received and were beyond rude about how they handled it. To this day they owe me $500 or so in paid for but never used training due to computer errors on their side (that they admit they had, but are unable to fix)

I understand the gym business is all about suckering people into things they will never use, but they should at least be nice when they are caught.

Not sure if this is a good or bad recommendation.... but it is what it is.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:23 am 

prickly_pete wrote:

Broken link?
As good at HTML as math huh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:49 pm 

Does anyone know if you can bounce from one club to the next with an LA Fitness Membership?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next