HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:38 pm 

So I didn't realize this place has been open since May - wish we had found it sooner as we are always looking for good local restaurants. So now we have another one to add to our list for take-out (they do have dine-in too but only a few tables). Mama Mila's Cafe is located at the corner of Derry/Thompson where those stores/condos are on the corner - it's actually in behind.

We've gone a couple of times over the last week or so. The food is amazing - the owner is Polish but the food isn't strictly Polish - they have pierogies, borscht soup, meatballs, panini and regular sandwiches, crepes, etc. The pierogies are AMAZING. I have to say they are pretty good next to the ones my Baba used to make! The meatballs and pork cutlet are awesome too. Everything is very fresh and tasty. Another plus is that the place is super clean - which is what I obviously like to see in a food establishment. So extra points for that! The owners are really nice too.

Anyways, if you're looking for somewhere new to try for take-out I highly recommend the place. We will definitely go back again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:41 pm 

Do they do breakfast?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:14 am 

We've never been for breakfast but I think the flyer listed breakfast. Not sure what they serve though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:35 pm 

This is a great place. They have amazing paninis like nutella and banana. For breakfast they have western paninis. Great coffee/expresso/lattes. Owners are very friendly too. Def recommend.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:35 pm 

Lolabug wrote:
This is a great place. They have amazing paninis like nutella and banana. For breakfast they have western paninis. Great coffee/expresso/lattes. Owners are very friendly too. Def recommend.

Can't say enough good words about this place. Excellent ! Gem in the rough.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:22 pm 

And the crepes are delicious too! :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:30 pm 

hc72 - yes, it is on the North East side - there is another strip of stores in behind the ones facing Derry/Thompson.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:55 am 

Just wanted to say after hearing all the buzz about this place on here and other places we finally got in there to give it a try this weekend. Everything people said so far is absolutely true: great food, super clean, awesome service, and we had a wholesome lunch for half of what it would have cost us to go to a chain restaurant like we usually do.

I had the meatball sandwich and I have no idea how they got the bread that soft. It was literally as soft as the meatballs without being soggy. Can't wait to try the perogies since people keep mentioning them.

Will definitely be back to this place. By the way, here is their Facebook page if you want to get more info:

http://www.facebook.com/MamaMilasCafe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:32 pm 

Went there for the first time yesterday... Had the southwestern panini - WOW - loved it! Took it home with a crepe and that was amazing too, all for $8!

Sent the wifey back there today to get me a meatball sandwich and she got an eggplant, with a crepe for us to share - still NOT disappointed!!

This is dangerous - I forsee many trips there!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:07 pm 

Yes, they do breakfast! If you try Mila's homemade muffins , you will melt!! Great Place for business meetings..Love Starbucks , but can get a little noisy sometimes. Here they have WIFI and its a perfect setting!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:53 am 

So we went last Thursday after reading the reviews and I have to say, it did not disappoint. So much that we went back on saturday to try a different sandwich! If you like homemade food and looking for something different from the big box restaurants, try this place out. We are glad we did!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:46 pm 

Tried it for lunch today and was very impressed.......Owner is a real nice woman as well. I hope they do well !!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:51 pm 

Smashed a meatball sandwich today - awesome!!

Will be back.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:24 am 

My wife and I went for the first time on Sunday...a hidden gem!!...the breakfast sandwich was very tasty, and the crepes were terrific as well...and to top it off LOVELY owners, Mila and Ron...we'll be back!!
Wendy and Dan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:40 pm 

Southwestern sandwich has got to be one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. The bread is SO amazingly soft - no idea how they do that!

They just need to be in a more visible location. Can't even tell they are there!