HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:52 pm 

At work, with out units, that means the water pump is gone... i have no idea is home units have a water pump...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:18 pm 

sardana wrote:
Hi,

I have a mattamy townhouse and have Hi-velocity furnace/Lenox AC installed. The furnace model is HE-52H. I need to know what size air filter fits in this furnace?

I removed the old one and it says 16x16x1 which is not in the market and stores havent heard about this size either.

THis is 5yrs new house and I cannot believe they will install furnace that takes such a weird size air filter.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Ash

i ordered a 10 pack online. i think it was heva 7 or something rating. was a good price too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:19 pm 

fourseasoncomfortCOOLING wrote:
King Luis wrote:
How much water is dumped out of a furnace/forced air unit when in use? the temperature in my house is great and the humidity is a little in the dry side but ok. but it seems like there is always water trickling out.

Thanks for your question King Luis.

The amount of water coming from your AC coil drain line depends on what the level of humidity is in your home. If the relative humidity is above 60% during the cooling season your A coil will be removing a large amount of humidity from the air. This will result in a steady stream of water from the A coil into your drain conditioning the air, hence making it cool in your home.

one more question, should the rubber drain pipe have a loop or go straight to the drain?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:25 am 

My Air Conditioner keeps developing an ice 'cap' at the bottom of the unit and the furnace also gets ice build up. We typically keep the temp around 21 degrees and wondering why it keeps doing that. Every so often, I have to shut it down for a day, thaw the ice and turn it back on. Any suggestions ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:39 am 

H&R wrote:
My Air Conditioner keeps developing an ice 'cap' at the bottom of the unit and the furnace also gets ice build up. We typically keep the temp around 21 degrees and wondering why it keeps doing that. Every so often, I have to shut it down for a day, thaw the ice and turn it back on. Any suggestions ?

Hi H&R,

Thanks for your question.
Typically the reason for ice build up on the copper lineset are caused by a lack of air flow ( blocked filter possibly) or a the unit running with low freon(possible leak).

Thanks,

Craig

See our Client Testimonials here
http://homestars.com/companies/2797675- ... on-comfort
viewtopic.php?t=24763

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:06 am 

Thanks Craig. Will call you next week. Hoping for a quick solution...it's getting hot !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:45 pm 

mo_miltoner wrote:
Hello,

I have a very simple question and a little shy to ask to be honest.

I live in a village townhouse and I wanted to replace my furnace filter. Not paying any attention to the orientation of the old filter, I took it out and realized that the new filter has an arrow for "air flow" and I'm not sure if the arrow should be pointing up or down.

Can you please confirm?

Thanks.

Hi mo_miltoner,

Not a silly question at all.
The air filter should always point in the direction of the air flow into your furnace. The arrow should be pointing towards the furnace from the return air duct. The duct work has a return air system which circulates the air from your home into and through the filter then through the furnace or air handler. The air is then conditioned( heat or AC mode) the distributed through the supply vents throughout your home.

I hope this helps. Thanks.

viewtopic.php?t=24763

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:15 pm 

I have water pooling around my furnace (A/C is still on). I turned the A/C off for a day and cleaned up the water and the water did not come back. Once I turned it back on the water was their the next day. I'm assuming the drain is likely clogged. What's the easiest way to clean the condensation tray out/should I attempt to clean the coil?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:48 am 

Follow up...Pulled out the coil, cleaned the pan everything seems to be flowing now.

Is my control board wired correctly? When we had the lightning storm a week or so ago, the power flashed of quickly and ever since, my fan will only run at the fast speed. If I set the thermostat fan to "on" it constantly runs at full speed not the half speed it used to.

Hi-Velocity HE-52H (2007).

Attachments:
20131001_210751.jpg
20131001_210751.jpg [ 66.53 KiB | Viewed 8877 times ]
20131001_210643.jpg
20131001_210643.jpg [ 75.52 KiB | Viewed 8877 times ]
20131001_210637.jpg
20131001_210637.jpg [ 73.38 KiB | Viewed 8877 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:34 am 

kgbrunn wrote:
Follow up...Pulled out the coil, cleaned the pan everything seems to be flowing now.

Is my control board wired correctly? When we had the lightning storm a week or so ago, the power flashed of quickly and ever since, my fan will only run at the fast speed. If I set the thermostat fan to "on" it constantly runs at full speed not the half speed it used to.

Hi-Velocity HE-52H (2007).

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for your question. Im glad to hear you have your coil draining properly now. In terms for your Tempmizer Air Handler, it is tough to determine from these pictures that your wiring is correct. If you look in your Tempmizer manual it will indicate how to decrease or increase the fan speed via the dip switch settings on your air handler. Ideally the air handler should run at a higher speed in the summer for cooling and at an lower speed in the winter.

Thanks,

Craig

viewtopic.php?t=24763

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:47 pm 

I'm in the process of completing my basement, and need a few vents moved.
Can you let me know if you can do this work, or refer me to someone that does?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:33 pm 

How often should I have my air ducts cleaned?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:54 pm 

Milton83 wrote:
How often should I have my air ducts cleaned?

Great Question. Lots of variables here. First of all is important to use a good furnace filter. If you decide to renovate your home or cut hardwood floors inside or tape and mud the basement be certain to cover the return and supply ducts to ensure they are kept clean. The furnace filter should be replaced every 2-3 months, perhaps more if you have carpet throughout. Once the ducts have been cleaned properly and you are changing and inspecting your furnace filter on a regular basis you should not need to clean your ducts for 10-15 years, sometimes longer.
During the construction of your home typically the builders do not cover the vents. The duct cleaning done by the builder prior to closing is usually mediocre at best.

It is also very important to ensure if you do plan to have your ducts cleaned you do your research and find a reputable company. There are lots of companies with a minivan and a shop vac that call themselves duct cleaners. I have heard good feedback about Sears from our clients.

Thanks for your question.

viewtopic.php?t=24763

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:35 pm 

I noticed that there are HVAC ducts routed through my garage to the bedrooms. How are these ducts typically insulated?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:40 pm 

Thanks for your questions elementz,

That is a great question. I have seen some builders use traditional fibreglass insulation and some builders use spray foam insulation which is much better. Are you having an issue with cooling to the upstairs level?

viewtopic.php?t=24763

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next