HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:34 pm 

If your gararge door is in need of repair, Mike is the man for the job. He came right away and quickly fixed the problem. He is prompt and reliable. I would highly recommend his services. Thanks Mike!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:16 am 

Bump and +1 for these guys -- is it Master Tech or Link? -- a great find.

On Wednesday morning, something snapped in my GDO, door remained closed, chain drooping, vehicle trapped inside. Great. Super. Tried lifting the door, but it "weighed" a ton, could barely lift it. Propped it open to escape, and called Mike on his cell (647-385-4441) and arranged this morning to repair.

All in all, after replacing the main gear set (sprocket sheared from overwork), swapping out the original basic metal wheels with nylon ones (much quieter, no longer sounds like a fricken freight train), resetting limits, lubricating main rail and spring, readjusting spring to balance door, new opener remote (original expired recently), it came to an acceptable margin more than what I'd have spent retail on the parts, plus never mind the time and professional knowledge and advice.

The main cause of this fail was that the man torsion spring was out of adjustment for the weight of the door. Mike was saying that when the GDO is disconnected, that the spring should allow for the door to stay balanced open partway and stay all the way up. This thing was like a beartrap, clamped down tight. All the extra work that the opener was doing for years to overcome this imbalance doomed the thing to fail.

I briefly considered DIY-ing this, but thankfully I gave my head a shake and didn't bother. I stayed clean and in a good mood for the hour they took to do all this, and that is NOT how it would have gone for me! Great service, priced well, gladly recommend.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:24 am 

My garage door was in dire need of adjustment, it sounded like it was ready to fall apart plus the GDO was not reinforced properly. I called Master Tech and Mike came out the same afternoon and practically rebuilt everything including replacing the rollers with nylon type all at a reasonable cost. The door operates very smoothly now and the GDO is not going to fall on the car. Great service at a reasonable price. Can't go wrong with Master Tech.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:55 pm 

Had Mike by this morning from Master Link to repair a spring that broke last night. He did a great job and was very efficient. He replaced several worn parts as well as the broken spring and gave the 10 year old door a tune up. The door is working great and a lot quieter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:08 pm 

Mike was by today to replace our very old metal door and broken down GDO. He was very friendly and helpful when he came by the first couple of times to get the door ordered. The first visit he explained the pros and cons of different door styles and features which helped my wife and I make our decision.

He did the installation today while we were at work and it was great coming home to see the new door. Looks fantastic and it's super quiet for a chain drive opener. He came by after we got home to go over a few things with the door and opener, and to collect his final payment of course. ;)

Overall, I'd highly recommend Mike and Master Link Garage Door.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:17 am 

Hi, I would like to highly recommend Mike! my garage door cable snapped this long weekend! the door was closed halfway. We couldn't close it or open it, it was stuck. We panicked as this was going to ruin our long weekend plans and its so difficult to get someone to come in last minute. I searched him on this forum and called him. He was at our house within 30 mins and had our garage door fixed within an hour! he is awesome.. did a fantastic job, very reasonably priced and so professional. Thanks Mike!! his cell # is 647-385-4441.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:05 am 

Another thumbs up for Mike. As I was leaving for work Monday morning and I closed the garage door, I heard a noise and noticed the door somewhat slanted and not completely closed down to the floor. I drove off leaving the door as is and called Mike after finding this thread. Mike was quick to respond and said he would try to be there within a couple of hours.

The cable had snapped. He showed up as promised and did a great job replacing the cable. Thanks Mike!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:57 pm 

Shout out for Mike! Great service. He just replaced broken spring and fixed snapped cable! Was here in less than 10 mins on a Sunday evening! Was in and out in 45 mins! Otherwise we would've been stuck! Great guy and excellent service! Overall great experience.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:21 pm 

Again for Mike - called him out on saturday - was here in 20 minutes. fixed the door and didn't even want to take any money even though he spent about 30 minutes here. I gave him $40 for his time an know-how anyways - gotta reward those who help you out!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:23 am 

What a Guy, Mike is ! GDO spring snapped late Saturday night, car stuck inside and could not even manually lift the door. Sent Mike a message, and by 1130 am Sunday, she is up and running, better than new.
And also....ask for the roller wheels to be switched to nylon....trust me, what a difference.

Thanks Mike, you're a gentleman, and a terrific service !

Pete and Andrea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:47 pm 

+1

Called Mike at 4:30 on Wednesday and he was at my door by 5pm. Fixed my broken cable, upsold me on some new parts and rollers and by 5:45 all was good.

I was reading these posts last week thinking I could add Mike to my list of preferred service guys for future reference. Then bang, my cable brakes and I need a repair.....kiss of death.

Thanks for the help Mike

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:29 pm 

Called Mike at 9:45 pm on a Sunday and he took my call, arrived at my house the next day at 1:00pm and fixed a snapped cable. He also replaced the rollers and did a couple of other things. I highly recommend him and when I put in a garage door opener in I will definitely use him. The fact that he took the time to explain things but didn’t waste my time was appreciated!

Willy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:12 pm 

Another big shout out for Mike. Even though im not in Milton anymore this site is still my go to when i need something fixed. Came to our place in Gtown today and fixed us up. Called him late Fri and everything fixed by noon Mon and I too went with the upgraded wheels. Great service and nice guy too boot !!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:32 pm 

Yes, Mike is a good guy. I'll vote for Mike as mayor in the next local election. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:24 pm 

Had Mike from Master Link Garage Doors repair my garage door. He replaced the two steel wires, two face plates at the bottom of the door and all rollers. Mike gave me the full cost breakdown at the beginning, explained everything he was doing and did a great job.

I highly recommend Mike for your garage door needs.