HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:59 am 

We were looking to paint our entire house (1770 sq ft, 4BRs, 2.5 baths). We called around and got three quotations all for labour only and I would have to cover the cost of the paint. All three recommended to minimize the paint colours in order to reduce the overall cost.

Then we called Lynn and Gord. I read great reviews about them on the Hawthorne Villager and decided to give them a try. They came by and spend an hour discussing with us colour options and going through the entire house in details. Our walls had very little damage, but we needed the doors and baseboards touched up.

Lynn is an interior decorator with over 20 years of experience, so she had great ideas for us. She even offered to provide us with colour option regardless of whether we choose to hire them or go with someone else. The price was right and included all paint and workmanship regardless of how many colours we chose.

They did a great job and the workmanship was excellent. They are fast (took 4 days to finish the job) and are super nice and sweet.

Give them a call and you won't regret it.
905-699-2094

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:36 pm 

Just wanted to revisit a old topic I started a few years back...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16224&hilit=lyn+gord

I would like to agree with hahabid and can't say enough of this painting duo 2 houses later

Numerous referrals to them and 100 % complete satisfaction of their work and price has always been right.... If anything not enough.....

Lyn suggested colours to my wife... and 100% they were spot on... colours look fantastic....

If u are looking at getting some high quality work at the right price.. give them a call....

Attachments:
IMG_1996.jpeg
IMG_1996.jpeg [ 26.44 KiB | Viewed 3423 times ]
IMG_1995.jpeg
IMG_1995.jpeg [ 24.54 KiB | Viewed 3423 times ]
IMG_1992.jpeg
IMG_1992.jpeg [ 24.93 KiB | Viewed 3423 times ]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:30 pm 

We just had our house painted by Lyn and Gord and I can't say enough about their commitment, hard work, and professional attitude during the process. Lyn spent a lot of time going over paint selections with us to ensure we were happy. They did a fantastic job and we would recommend them to any perspective clients.
Thank you Lyn and Gord for creating a beautiful home for us and all the extra work you did while guiding us through the experience:)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:23 am 

I wanted to resurrect this thread regarding the excellent painting service provided by Gord and Lyn. They painted our new home- which was a chore given the truly awful condition of our walls - including rooms, trim and exterior door and garage. Not only did they do a fabulous job for a very reasonable price, but they are very knowledgeable and it has been an absolute pleasure getting to know them. They are wonderful. We are very happy and grateful to learn about their services from previous reviews.

Please consider them for your next painting job.

905-699-2094

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:43 am 

We contacted Gord and Lynn to paint our entire house with the exception of a few rooms. They were fantastic, accommodating, fast and incredibly skilled.

You know this image:

With Gord and Lynn you don't have to pick two, you get all three.

Also, my dog loved them and that says a lot.

Thanks so much Gord and Lynn!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:51 am 

Just wanted another Bump for Lynn and Gord,

As per my recommendations numerous friends (in mississauga ) have used their services as well (Plus we have them booked for some work this summer as well)

" We were really impressed with Lynn and Gord, they knew our style right when she walked through the door! It was evident in the choice of colours she recommended. With the kitchen renos, the painting really added a nice finishing touch. Their work is truly professional and they are so efficient in getting the job done."

Cyn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:56 pm 

We moved to a 4 year old house in August and the colours the previous owner had were god awful. Thankfully Lynn & Gordon was able to recommend a colour scheme based on our general preferences because we didn't have the time to sit and choose colours on our own for hours on end.

Their workmanship was top notch. I've had 3 previous home painted and they were all good but this was the greatest, hands down. They repaired the dozens of picture frame holes the previous owner left, fixed a ceiling water stain and touched up baseboards where needed.

They are also genuinely nice people so we didn't feel awkward having them in our house for the 3.5 days they were painting our entire main and 2nd level walls.

My highest recommendation.

Josh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:50 am 

For the second time in the past few months, Gord and Lyn have handled my paint and I can't recommend them enough.

1st time - about 4 months ago, my rental house in Mississauga - EVERY SINGLE WALL had holes in it (not big ones but nail holes, screw holes, etc) it was a BIG project to get that all done. The fixed it, made it look awesome and painted the whole house top to bottom.

2nd time - Last week, in my own home in Milton - had my dishwasher pop and drain into the basement for 24 hours before it was shut off. The restoration team from the insurance company came and but all kinds of holes in my walls in my basement to get it to dry. Gord and Lyn fixed the walls and repainted the whole basement.

Both times, the price was were it should have been. Could we have found slightly cheaper? Maybe - but after working with these fine folks a couple of times, feeling secure in the work and leaving them in my home unattended is worth a slight difference in price.

I would not hesitate to call them again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:35 pm 

Bumping this back up, hopefully this thread will continue on unmolested.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:22 pm 

We're getting ready to list our house. Lyn and Gord recently helped us renovate our second floor and touch up the 1st. We ended up choosing a whole different colour for the dining room downstairs and chose a whole new palette for the 2nd floor and everything looks absolutely beautiful. Lyn has such a gift with choosing the right colours, they look perfect! I have already made arrangements to have them paint our new home.

Not only did Lyn and Gord do a great job but they were very reasonably priced, very quick and very detailed. If you're looking to paint your home, I highly recommend you get in touch with Lyn and Gord. They're wonderful!