HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:34 pm 

So last weekend we went to Milton Honda to buy a new Honda Civic 2013. Everything was ok, we gave a deposit and we were told that they will call us once the car is ready. So after 2 days, the guy calls us up and says that we added etching for $300 and some nut bolts to the tyres for 180, so you have to pay for it!! My issue is that we did not agree to getting those things, why are we being forced to pay for it! He says if you dont pay for that then we will add some dealership fee.. so we are being forced to pay extra!! I am so mad right now. Should I cancel the car? I dont think its fair to be forced to pay. He should have mentioned this when we came over.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:44 pm 

I've been a Honda owner for a few years (and vehicles) and would never set foot into that dealership! Will always drive the extra kms to Ready Honda.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:51 pm 

If you left a deposit that means you hammered out the deal with the business manager doesn't it? They cannot change that. it sounds like the car you wanted allready had those add-ons and they want to charge you for it. I would just walk away from the deal.

Matt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:43 pm 

Wow, wheel locks are $180 these days now from the F&I office, lol?! :o

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:00 pm 

I'm assuming you signed everything already and agreed to a final price. Don't pay for it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:55 pm 

You sure it wasn’t in the paperwork you signed? I imagine they slipped it in, and the guy mentioned it under his breath when reviewing the paperwork. It’s a classic stealership move.

“So, Mr. Smith. Here’s the paperwork for the car. If you’ll sign here where it shows the total price is ####.## as we ageed, and here is says you choose to finance at 0.99%. If you could sign there, that would be great. OK, Looks good Mr.Smith. Now here on page 3 theres a bumch of mumbojumbo about deliveryfeesthewarrantywhathappensifthereisadelayyourwindshieldetchingrustproofingwheellocksandtherightformetoswiminyourpoolinthesumer, and a bunch of other legal things I wont bore you with. If you could just sign there, that would be great.”

I’d walk away. Either that, or take it and do the walk of shame to get your keys as they all look at you knowing you’re the sucker who allowed himself to be fooled into overpaying for a car.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:06 pm 

I would stay away from that dealership.. Ran out of GAS during my test drive, ended up being stuck on the highway for an hour... ended up buying a Sienna at Meadoville Toyota.. so far happy with after sales service with them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:33 pm 

Harry wrote:
I would stay away from that dealership.. Ran out of GAS during my test drive, ended up being stuck on the highway for an hour... ended up buying a Sienna at Meadoville Toyota.. so far happy with after sales service with them.

Running out of gas was the dealers fault? Hmm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:56 pm 

Burrcold wrote:
Harry wrote:

Running out of gas in their car used for test drives (where you normally drive 5km)? Yep, dealer's fault.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:17 pm 

cov-canuck wrote:
Burrcold wrote:
Harry wrote:

Running out of gas in their car used for test drives (where you normally drive 5km)? Yep, dealer's fault.

I guess I'm the only one who would look at the low fuel light on the dash, and maybe question getting on the highway. You're right, dealers fault.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:27 pm 

To OP, I would bail on that if you can -- I hope you can!

Last edited by B&T402 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:10 am 

saimam wrote:
So last weekend we went to Milton Honda to buy a new Honda Civic 2013. Everything was ok, we gave a deposit and we were told that they will call us once the car is ready. So after 2 days, the guy calls us up and says that we added etching for $300 and some nut bolts to the tyres for 180, so you have to pay for it!! My issue is that we did not agree to getting those things, why are we being forced to pay for it! He says if you dont pay for that then we will add some dealership fee.. so we are being forced to pay extra!! I am so mad right now. Should I cancel the car? I dont think its fair to be forced to pay. He should have mentioned this when we came over.

You are not the first and the last person that they have screwed. I have posted bad experiences from them December 15, 2012 as posted in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54260&hilit=honda&start=30

As I mentioned - "Farther more, some options were loaded in the price without asking me whether I like it or not. I only found out that it is supposed to be an option and not standard."

I already signed the contract when I found out that a number are options and not standards. I presumed that you already signed the contract and later noticed that they added the etch and bolt without explicitly telling you. In my case, they added more on top of those one - non standard tires using a different type of gas (argon?). If the tires get deflated, I can't inflate the tires using a standard air compressor.

I have complained big time on different issues but it went nowhere. PM TeamHonda in this forum. Maybe, he could help you out and let him know what his sales people screw the customers with or without his blessings.

Last edited by Miles on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:21 am 

You are not the first and the last person that they have screwed. I have posted bad experiences from them December 15, 2012 as posted in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54260&hilit=honda&start=30

As I mentioned - "Farther more, some options were loaded in the price without asking me whether I like it or not. I only found out that it is supposed to be an option and not standard."

I already signed the contract when I found out that a number are options and not standards. I presumed that you already signed the contract and later noticed that they added the etch and bolt without explicitly telling you. In my case, they added more on top of those one - non standard tires using a different type of gas (argon?). If the tires get deflated, I can't inflate the tires using a standard air compressor.

I have complained big time on different issues but it went nowhere. PM TeamHonda in this forum. Maybe, he could help you out and let him know what his sales people screw the customers with or without his blessings.[/quote]

FYI - the tires are filled with Nitrogen, and you CAN just fill them up with regular air. I learned this when my Prius started showing warning lights for low tire pressure and I took it to the dealership. Nitrogen is supposed to be more stable than air and hold it's pressure longer without fluctuating with temperature, etc. If you don't care about that, adding air if you need to just means you have a mix of nitrogen and air. Over time, it will become more air than nitrogen - no danger, you just don't get the benefits of nitrogen.

As a head's up - most dealerships don't carry nitrogen anyway. They top your tires up with air, they just don't tell you that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:42 am 

@ cov-canuck

Thank you for the info. However, getting those tires plus the rims added unnecessary cost to the total price of the vehicle.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:01 am 

Air already had 75% nitorgen in it.......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next