HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Staggered shifts
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:36 pm 

Just curious as to when this disorganized town of Milton will notify the Heathwood/Milton Trails community what shift they will be on in the Am to leave their homes to get to work to pay their bills.
It seems that there is a large apartment building be built on Whitmer St /Main without any sign of roadwork to accommodate all of these new homeowners.
I had a light bulb moment....floors 1-2 can leave the parking garage at 4:45am, floors 2-3 can leave at 5:30am etc....or wait is the town assuming that no one in this new building has cars and works locally that maybe they can walk to work????
Clearly the town is once again communicating with the councillors of Brampton on how to build massive communities without proper eggress out of these neighbourhoods!!
Ohhhh but wait we have a Velodrome so I guess it is just me overreacting...again!!!

Post subject: Re: Staggered shifts
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:01 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:26 pm 

Since approximately 99% of the residents of that building (and it's "Greenlife" twin on Main St) are retirees, the traffic patterns will not be those of commuter automatons pushing for the exits at the times you list. Maybe you can move in there in 30 years, I hear they are very nice, with concrete slab floors.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:22 am 

Ohhhh so I guess retirees do nothing all day but sit by a window and rock in their rocking chairs...especially the ones who move into apartment buildings and not nursing homes...seeing their days are numbered, why even get up at all??

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:17 am 

Namkia wrote:
Ohhhh so I guess retirees do nothing all day but sit by a window and rock in their rocking chairs...especially the ones who move into apartment buildings and not nursing homes...seeing their days are numbered, why even get up at all??

No, but I highly doubt they are going to be out fighting the morning commute. And besides, owners of even the first phase of Heathwood were notified about this coming before purchasing so they can't really complain (used to own a Heathwood on Whitmer).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:56 pm 

Namkia wrote:
Just curious as to when this disorganized town of Milton will notify the Heathwood/Milton Trails community what shift they will be on in the Am to leave their homes to get to work to pay their bills.
It seems that there is a large apartment building be built on Whitmer St /Main without any sign of roadwork to accommodate all of these new homeowners.
I had a light bulb moment....floors 1-2 can leave the parking garage at 4:45am, floors 2-3 can leave at 5:30am etc....or wait is the town assuming that no one in this new building has cars and works locally that maybe they can walk to work????
Clearly the town is once again communicating with the councillors of Brampton on how to build massive communities without proper eggress out of these neighbourhoods!!
Ohhhh but wait we have a Velodrome so I guess it is just me overreacting...again!!!

... You are joking right?
They have completed most of the road in that area (it goes west out to Tremaine) and the Main St rebuild is basically completed

We all know this is a troll / duplicate account but I wonder why some of you have so much free time on your hands

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:22 pm 

Ohh has there been a new on ramp built to the 401 off Tremaine yet...did I miss that big reveal??

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:34 pm 

Namkia wrote:
Ohh has there been a new on ramp built to the 401 off Tremaine yet...did I miss that big reveal??

A ramp to 401 does not do much (funny since you whine how busy Main is... have you ever seen traffic on 401?)
But yes since you insist on playing the fool, there is a new ramp to be built & yes they have already published the timeframe for it

Your english is terrible as well

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:43 pm 

Ohh that's nothing, have you seen that engineering feat by the giant Popsicle?
It's a tims drive through that breeds assholes..
I'm still twitching about that, I'd love to know why she insisted on ruining my day.
That pastry shkarfing reptilian.