HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: People that price match.
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:18 pm 

Are losers. Go penny pinch on your own time. I cant stand these losers showing every ad to the cashier and making a line full of people wait. Lets be honest here. You're being very inconsiderate to the people in line behind you so that you can save a few dollars. They should be forced to split it with the people they make wait. Im going to make them feel uncomfortable from now on and drop some profanity next time. If we all nail one of these losers with this maybe we can shame them into stopping.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:28 pm 

Can't blame them for using the system - stores are encouraging it just to get the sales, so no blame on them.

On the other hand, those who use the self checkout knowing fully well they have stuff to price match need to smarten up - they tie-up up the single attendant who's there to serve all 8 checkouts.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:29 pm 

I'm not one to do it but I think more power to them! If they can save money then good for them. You are welcome to get in line behind someone else if you don't like it.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:31 pm 

Blame the stores that offer and advertise it.

I get much more annoyed at the people who have $200 worth of groceries but don't start bagging until after they've paid, then clog up the aisle as they are bagging.

#FWP

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:35 pm 

Princess Beata wrote:
Are losers. Go penny pinch on your own time. I cant stand these losers showing every ad to the cashier and making a line full of people wait. Lets be honest here. You're being very inconsiderate to the people in line behind you so that you can save a few dollars. They should be forced to split it with the people they make wait. Im going to make them feel uncomfortable from now on and drop some profanity next time. If we all nail one of these losers with this maybe we can shame them into stopping.
People like you make me sick....piss off.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:04 pm 

At least tell the person that gets in line behind you that you're going to do it when we get in line. Don't act like nothing is up and after I watch you pull out the flyers and start pointing stuff out you act like you don't care you just screwed me over when I could have gotten in another line. Maybe stores should have a 'price match' hat these wally's can put on when they get to the cash. Have them stored next to the dividers.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:06 pm 

I don't price-match because it makes me feel like a cheap bastard, but at the end of the day, it's the stores that offer it, so its fair game. It's a tough world out there to survive nowadays, but I do share your sentiment in that it's very inconsiderate to hold up a line during peak hours; at least go early in the morning or late at night.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:07 pm 

I agree. go when they open to do that. the staff just had their coffee and can deal with your cheap ass.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:16 pm 

Princess Beata wrote:

They stood in line just like you did. What difference does it make what they're doing before it's your turn? If your time is so much more valuable than everyone else's, why not just shop at a more expensive store that these people don't frequent?

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:21 pm 

Princess Beata wrote:
At least tell the person that gets in line behind you that you're going to do it when we get in line. Don't act like nothing is up and after I watch you pull out the flyers and start pointing stuff out you act like you don't care you just screwed me over when I could have gotten in another line. Maybe stores should have a 'price match' hat these wally's can put on when they get to the cash. Have them stored next to the dividers.
Be easier to have hats at the entrance for people like you that says "I'm an asshole...pay no attention to me"

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:23 pm 

Id much rather have a price matcher in front of me than to watch a lazy asshole that leaves the cart just anywhere in the parking lot.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:42 pm 

prickly_pete wrote:
My buddy in Vermont orders all his groceries through amazon. We leave for a day, return to a pile of food. It's amazing, really.

Buying stuff in person is a fools activity.

My daughter buys all her groceries through Grocery Gateway. Cost a few pennies more, but eliminates impulse purchases and the produce and meat quality is superior. She figures she saves money and a lot of time.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:54 pm 

+1 for lazy people who leave carts in the middle of parking lots.

I don't price match on a norm, but I definitely don't do it because I am scared of some random behind me thinking I'm a cheap a bastard, it comes down to I am too lazy to sift through all the flyers to devise a plan to get the best deal.

All the power to them for taking advantage when they can.

Now...someone out there make an app for this that can find all the coupons for your purchase and have it processed by having the teller scan a single barcode off your phone. If pay for that app.

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:24 pm 

Which grocery stores price match? I should start doing that to save money.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:28 pm 

How about a "price match only" checkout line. I too get pissed off with both extreme coupon clippers and people leaving carts anywhere.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next