HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:48 am 

UPDATED TO INCLUDE PETITION LINK

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/maureen-van-ravens-open-road-access-from-derry-rd-to-4th-line-cedar-hedge-right-turns-only

I think this has been posted before but I can't find the thread.

Why is cedar hedge road not open to Derry on the North side of Derry?

Last edited by jawesh on Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:37 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: 4th Line at Derry
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:19 am 

Here it is, all 11 pages of discussion. There is some very good information burried in there if you read it all.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55027&hilit=4th

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:32 am 

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:47 am 

I was just curious about this! That was a fun read - I guess the lesson for our kids is that if you are "super serious" about it you can do anything you want to!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:47 pm 

Are they even going to close it off properly? It looks gross with the cement blocks there. And what's the purpose of the stop sign at the end? So confusing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:53 am 

I'd like to start petitioning this to open up. There's many more developments that have started since I've moved to Milton in February.

I still think it's ridiculous that instead of opening 50FT of road back up, all through traffic to the north west end of cedar hedge must go through Trudeau Drive/Croft, or Harwood to 4th line.

I get that they are trying to limit traffic bypassing JSP to 401, and I understand that there is a new road which outlets to JSP north of Croft, but it feels essential for the amount of houses going up around that block for them to open the passage from Derry to 4th line.

The needs of many, must outweigh the few?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:18 pm 

EWM ASN wrote:
I'd like to start petitioning this to open up. There's many more developments that have started since I've moved to Milton in February.

I still think it's ridiculous that instead of opening 50FT of road back up, all through traffic to the north west end of cedar hedge must go through Trudeau Drive/Croft, or Harwood to 4th line.

I get that they are trying to limit traffic bypassing JSP to 401, and I understand that there is a new road which outlets to JSP north of Croft, but it feels essential for the amount of houses going up around that block for them to open the passage from Derry to 4th line.

make perfect sense

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:19 pm 

EWM ASN wrote:

If you read the other thread, it sounds like some pretty powerful people live there and are always ensuring the city never open it up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:24 pm 

Does anyone know a site to open an online petition?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:37 pm 

Done:

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... northbound

Can we find out who can actually make this change for us? Is it Tony Lambert? Colin Best? I will direct the petition to them.

I am part of the new Tiffany Park Homes development off of McGibbon. I'm sure everybody on 4th Line, Harwood, Trudeau circle would appreciate this.

Let alone the new Mattamy/Crystal/Beaverton homes going up on the North East end (North of Waldie on JSP).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:44 pm 

Tony Lambert is not part of council. Colin Best or Brian Penman are regional council, not sure who is from Milton Town Council for that area. You could try asking Mike Cluett, Rick (either one), Sharon Barkley, etc. who sometimes frequent these boards.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:51 pm 

EWM ASN wrote:
Done:

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... northbound

Can we find out who can actually make this change for us? Is it Tony Lambert? Colin Best? I will direct the petition to them.

I am part of the new Tiffany Park Homes development off of McGibbon. I'm sure everybody on 4th Line, Harwood, Trudeau circle would appreciate this.

Let alone the new Mattamy/Crystal/Beaverton homes going up on the North East end (North of Waldie on JSP).

You're going to have to take the petition door to door. Very few affected people are on this site.
Tony seems "in the know" and might consult you "off the record".
I will sign online tonight for what it's worth. I'm not affected, I just think it ludacris.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:56 pm 

My main problem with them opening this up: there will be yet ANOTHER stop light at the intersection. Derry Rd is bad enough with it's number of stop lights, please don't add any more.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:00 pm 

@Norts999: I was going to say I'm ready to canvas. Good opportunity to meet all my new neighbours. I appreciate you supporting the cause! :)

@Kevin&Amanda As somebody who takes Derry in everyday in the AM as well, I can totally understand the delay of yet another set of lights.

Nobody wants congestion. I would even be OK with a right only lane directly in.

Benefits of even having a right turn only access:

1. Direct access to new developments
2. Direct access to dog park
2. Still defers 401 traffic to JSP
3. Lower volumes of traffic through residential streets & Trudeau round-about
4. No need for traffic light
5. Only minor construction, no traffic lights, median to break
6. No Eastbound traffic impact

Drawbacks:

1. Will cost money
2. Noise?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:43 pm 

Good luck!

It was a silly/bizarre idea 10 years ago that many people tried to stop with no luck. I'd be surprised to see anything come of this now - but I'll still sign it for you.

I'd support a right turn in/right turn out scenario to limit another guranateed red light as well for that stretch of road.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next