HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:29 pm 

Lolll
Isn't it my job to sell every house that people hire me to list?

Isn't it also my job to help educate consumers about the product? Beata, you're new here, and our current resident poop disturber, so of course you think i lie and oversell to pay the bills. My clients and most of the community here knows otherwise, and i will never convnce everybody since (a) i AM in sales, and (b) real estate agents are the 3rd most hated profession. I assume everyone thinks lowly of us as a community, because they should - there are so many scammers out there that it is good to have your guard up. But it's also good to learn something when you have the opportunity when the person sharing has nothing to sell or benefit from by sharing that information. .. how many siding houses do I have listed right now? Zero... but of course no matter what I am listing, I will point out the benefits it has over the competition. .. or would you rather I just take bad cellphone pics and write horrible descriptions, and not actually try to sell what I have listed? Post all you want about how me helping share information is somehow peddling my product. The truth is I don't need to sell siding houses... but my seller clients sure have to, so I had BETTER be good at it! The day I lie to do my job however, means I have stooped to the level of others and I just can't do that ever to make a buck.

Thanks though, and have yourself a most excellent long weekend.

search for Milton's Favourite Realtor!

REVEL REALTY -- MILTON'S FAVOURITE REAL ESTATE BROKERAGE, as voted by YOU!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:13 pm 

Fred D wrote:
Lolll
Isn't it my job to sell every house that people hire me to list?

Isn't it also my job to help educate consumers about the product? Beata, you're new here, and our current resident poop disturber, so of course you think i lie and oversell to pay the bills. My clients and most of the community here knows otherwise, and i will never convnce everybody since (a) i AM in sales, and (b) real estate agents are the 3rd most hated profession. I assume everyone thinks lowly of us as a community, because they should - there are so many scammers out there that it is good to have your guard up. But it's also good to learn something when you have the opportunity when the person sharing has nothing to sell or benefit from by sharing that information. .. how many siding houses do I have listed right now? Zero... but of course no matter what I am listing, I will point out the benefits it has over the competition. .. or would you rather I just take bad cellphone pics and write horrible descriptions, and not actually try to sell what I have listed? Post all you want about how me helping share information is somehow peddling my product. The truth is I don't need to sell siding houses... but my seller clients sure have to, so I had BETTER be good at it! The day I lie to do my job however, means I have stooped to the level of others and I just can't do that ever to make a buck.

Thanks though, and have yourself a most excellent long weekend.
Well said Fred

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:19 pm 

^^agreed. Very well put Fred.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:58 pm 

Fred D wrote:
The truth is I don't need to sell siding houses... but my seller clients sure have to, so I had BETTER be good at it!

If you can convince people that siding homes and brick homes are the same, you deserve your pay check. rsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrs!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:54 pm 

Princess Beata wrote:
Fred D wrote:
The truth is I don't need to sell siding houses... but my seller clients sure have to, so I had BETTER be good at it!

If you can convince people that siding homes and brick homes are the same, you deserve your pay check. rsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrs!
Fred never said they were the same, he will educate buyers on their differences and let them decide.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:55 am 

:arrow: So much for a conversation on "Vinyl Siding Vs Brick". Well done.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:04 am 

Greenjp wrote:
Princess Beata wrote:
Fred D wrote:

Fred never said they were the same, he will educate buyers on their differences and let them decide.

ok fred.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:43 am 

Saw this plan 7 house out for a walk yesterday. although this colour is a bit out there, wonder what it costs to replace the nasty vinyl with stucco as they did; this house is just under 2500 sqft.

anyone know:
how long this kind of finish lasts, and
if it cuts down on the wind noise.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:46 am 

You mean you get wind noise with your siding home? Tell us more!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:21 am 

This kind of finish can be anywhere from $11,000 - $15,000 depending on materials used and the contractor you hire. (normally only the front is done for aesthetics, and the vinyl siding is left of the sides and back -- SO if you have a wind problem, this won't fix it!)
Stucco is not structural either, but it sure looks solid, doesn't it! Stucco is also a type of siding.

search for Milton's Favourite Realtor!

REVEL REALTY -- MILTON'S FAVOURITE REAL ESTATE BROKERAGE, as voted by YOU!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:51 am 

nice, thanks Fred.

I like that it looks less likely to blow away.

Being 2 feet from the adjacent house is also structurally reassuring too. I'm sure that's why they are so close. :) Stength in numbers. we're all in this together.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:52 pm 

Great, so that wont fix the vinyl siding wind noise problems. Someone asked me to post this so I will. Any idea what will fix a vinyl siding home from shaking when its really windy outside? Also the noise from outside, it does nothing to stop train, lawn mower and truck noises from coming in the house. Any idea how a vinyl siding home can stop that from coming in?

Im just kidding, theres nothing you can do because its inferior to brick but the 'pros' on this site wont say that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:22 pm 

Some buyers prefer brick, some buyers like siding, while some buyers are indifferent.

Over the years we've discovered that, All things being equal including price, most buyers will choose the brick veneer over the siding.

However In reality, all things will not be equal when you actually sell your home. Meaning that there will be many factors that will affect your resale value in addition to whether your home has a brick or siding exterior.

For example, I recently sold a 14 year old Mattamy home with siding for over asking price with multiple offers. This home also sold for $11,500 more than a bigger home with brick exterior in the same neighbourhood.

Also, last August I purchased a 2500 square foot home with brick veneer for $12,000 less than the same model with siding a few doors down.

Leon Vayman
Real Estate Broker
IPro Realty Ltd., Brokerage
Www.VaymanRealEstate.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:25 am 

buckwheat2297 wrote:
Saw this plan 7 house out for a walk yesterday. although this colour is a bit out there, wonder what it costs to replace the nasty vinyl with stucco as they did; this house is just under 2500 sqft.

anyone know:
how long this kind of finish lasts, and
if it cuts down on the wind noise.

my neighbour had the front sides and back all stuccoed for $10,000 cash.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:54 pm 

In terms of Thermal and sound proofing, which is better Vinyl siding or Brick Veneer?

Delayed Closing date April 18, 2017
Moved in date May 18, 2017

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next