HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:22 pm 

Was everyone else there pretty f'n dopey lookin'

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:53 pm 

This is hilarious, I didn't think any actually fell for these things!

PS. My father is stuck in Nigeria with $5 Million US dollars but can't get it out of the country. If you help him get the money out by letting him transfer the money to your bank account you will receive $1 Million for your help.......

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:15 pm 

JF13 wrote:
First of all i'd question you street smarts even going into a motel room with some guys you don't even know and turning off your cell phone.

LOL.

PS. Princess the carney games are rigged too. Just a little heads up for next time you go to a fair.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:45 pm 

JF13 wrote:
First of all i'd question you street smarts even going into a motel room with some guys you don't even know and turning off your cell phone.

Princess this is why you are not suppose to leave the Castle without your body guards. ;) These are common scams that everyone encounters, they teach people lessons in life. Like not to fill out a ballot unless you want your info plastered to every scam agency in the nation. There are so many scams in life, it's part of what makes the world go round, if everything was perfect we would live in a bubble. Slowly you will learn to run as you see them. There are The Big scams like the people who manage to sell your house with your living in it :shock: . The Medium scams like you have encountered and The Small scams like the toy you purchase your child, that does not work once taken out of the box, has little yellow paper that says do not return to store call supplier. Grrr.... I hate this one, Yellow Paper should be printed on outside of box so I know not to purchase it!!! But Barbie has the best scam of all. They have been selling the same doll for over 50 years. They change her clothes and sell her again to the same child over and over again :) I love this scam I have bought into it at least 30 times.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:57 pm 

PB, these guys are having some fun at your expense. Those tactless trolls.
Send me $99 and I will protect you from some (but not all) future scams.
Buy 5 yrs of protection for only $350. ACT NOW, limited time offer for the next 1 caller!!!!!
Here's a sample. If a Carnie offers you a "stuffie" he's not offering what you need.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:53 pm 

I had no idea the Milton rib fest was a scam. now I know.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:41 pm 

Pretty sure it was a group of coupon clippers that run the raffle. They now laugh at your stupidity. Karma. Awesome.

PS need your ducts cleaned? I also do water softeners. PM me your address and I'll be at your door soon.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:55 pm 

I just responded to a call that I won the raffle. Didn't realize this is the norm that win you win a raffle you are being pulled into a scam. Sorry for pointing it out. Some of you are heartless. Im in tears right now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:23 pm 

Forgive me but I'm in tears laughing. You get upset waiting in line an extra two minutes for price matcher's but will listen to a two hour sales pitch that you should have known was a scam within a minute of being contacted. That is the equivalent of waiting in line behind 60 price matchers. LOL!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:45 am 

[quote="justagirl]
Quote:

Like not to fill out a ballot unless you want your info plastered to every scam agency in the nation.

Exactly. Filling in ballots for a prize has nothing to do with some silly prize. It is always a grab for your personal information that in my case, I never give.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:18 am 

KGC wrote:
Forgive me but I'm in tears laughing. You get upset waiting in line an extra two minutes for price matcher's but will listen to a two hour sales pitch that you should have known was a scam within a minute of being contacted. That is the equivalent of waiting in line behind 60 price matchers. LOL!

If I get $1500 for waiting behind 60 pricematchers Id be game. But unfortunately, I just get to see their fat ass and sweat beading through their jogging pants.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:20 am 

It could be any vendor that was at the festival that ran the scam. Anyone that collected email addresses, business cards, phone numbers, etc...

I didn't get any calls yet.... I shall wait.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:42 am 

Sandeep wrote:
It could be any vendor that was at the festival that ran the scam. Anyone that collected email addresses, business cards, phone numbers, etc...

I didn't get any calls yet.... I shall wait.

It was them for sure I only filled out one ballot and didn't talk to anyone else there.

Im still waiting for the organizers to respond here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:50 am 

Why would they respond here? Why don't you contact them? You think they should chase you around while you complain about stupid sh*t all day?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:02 am 

Sandeep wrote:
Why would they respond here? Why don't you contact them? You think they should chase you around while you complain about stupid sh*t all day?

They can ignore it, people like to see when a company ignores complaints online.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next