HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:23 pm 

EWM ASN wrote:
A handful. Sometimes when playing ball at St Lawrence, John Innes, or Regent Park rec centres, or stupid drunken nights at Guvey. Been bottled over the head, and slashed at a few times since i was 22.

Not to mention guns pulled out and stuck in my face... For f*cks sake I was robbed at gunpoint in 1994, at Yonge and Dundas, in front of the god damn cop shop.

But I get your point Norts... Sometimes I can relate to the Tyson / Downer interview.... Some people are real rat pieces of crap.

I loved that Tyson interview. I wish he punched out Downer for framing the question the way he did. Last time I checked, people don't ask Justin Trudeau about his pot smoking days, where Olivia Chow is living now, or ask Bill Clinton how good the head from Monica was.

You grew up in Regent Park? I lived near there for a period of time as a kid on Oak St. I truly believe that there are some people out there who deserve to get beat up, usually the mouthy, confrontational people who have no common decency nor courtesy because you can't reason with them through dialogue or diplomatic means. It's always easier to beat up someone if your earning potential/reputation doesn't get impacted, but for most of us, we are employees, so we have to always protect our earning potential or travel freedom. Our laws here are also screwed up when I think back to news stories in the past where people who beat up crooks trying to break into their homes end up getting the book thrown at them harder than what the crooks get.

Don't sweat it and don't think of yourself as a schmuck. You did the right thing in front of children.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:49 pm 

Norts999 wrote:
Trouble finds trouble!
Your reaction to Pete's joke tells me your are big time target for trouble.
You live in Milton now and spend weekends at kids resorts. Chill out. Given your history, you're maturity at the waterpark was awesome. Your children were soaking in every moment of that bad experience. So was your wife. You did the right thing, let it go.

Sure, I admit that I heat-seek a little, You aren't wrong. But I fail to register his comments as "jokes". He trolls my posts, and posts personal information about me on this board. I'm sure he'll respond where we'll delve deeper into this, just as I'm sure another personal attack is going to follow shortly... I guess he and I can't help it.

I also guess that there will always be somebody testing your past... The perfect dime for the man who used to cheat, winning a $500 gift certificate to BK for the guy who just shed 100 pounds, and the loud mouthed jerk to the guy that wouldn't have hesitated to choke said jerk with a pool noodle a few years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:36 pm 

AlphaMale wrote:
EWM ASN wrote:
A handful. Sometimes when playing ball at St Lawrence, John Innes, or Regent Park rec centres, or stupid drunken nights at Guvey. Been bottled over the head, and slashed at a few times since i was 22.

Not to mention guns pulled out and stuck in my face... For f*cks sake I was robbed at gunpoint in 1994, at Yonge and Dundas, in front of the god damn cop shop.

But I get your point Norts... Sometimes I can relate to the Tyson / Downer interview.... Some people are real rat pieces of crap.

I loved that Tyson interview. I wish he punched out Downer for framing the question the way he did. Last time I checked, people don't ask Justin Trudeau about his pot smoking days, where Olivia Chow is living now, or ask Bill Clinton how good the head from Monica was.

You grew up in Regent Park? I lived near there for a period of time as a kid on Oak St. I truly believe that there are some people out there who deserve to get beat up, usually the mouthy, confrontational people who have no common decency nor courtesy because you can't reason with them through dialogue or diplomatic means. It's always easier to beat up someone if your earning potential/reputation doesn't get impacted, but for most of us, we are employees, so we have to always protect our earning potential or travel freedom. Our laws here are also screwed up when I think back to news stories in the past where people who beat up crooks trying to break into their homes end up getting the book thrown at them harder than what the crooks get.

Don't sweat it and don't think of yourself as a schmuck. You did the right thing in front of children.

You're awesome Alpha, I thought the exact same thing!!! I think Downer got off light, and deserved more. Like seriously bro' do your homework on who your subject is. Or ask Tyson "Rob Ford has smoked crack, do you think this hurts his chances in the polls, do you think meeting him is a publicity stunt, that could also impact him negatively? Although Tyson may have lost points for losing it on live TV, but the fault should be Downers... He came across as a bully in my eyes, lacking any tact, and he's lucky he didn't get smacked.

Funny thing about Olivia Chow... Back when Jack was still around, my brother and I helped them move into Community housing when she was the school trustee, and he was running for the local riding with NDP... They must have had a net income of over $120K at the time I'm sure, I haven't been following news about Chow much, but I'm surprised this hasn't come to more apparent light.

Oak street No kidding? Hehe very cool! I was in South Regent (Shuter and River) did you go to any of the schools in the area? Did you see what they did to the block? All revitalized, ready to become a swanky downtown hot spot like Liberty Village... But some low rises still exist. I heard they moved people to Brampton as well.

To add to your point, I do spend a lot of time in the Southern US, and anytime I tell them that if somebody breaks into your house in Canada, and you shoot them, you can be charged with using excessive force... I bet you can imagine the look on their faces.

In my world though, I still think that there is something holy about 2 guys settling their differences with their fists, and going out for a beer afterwards, and ending it there. I feel there's honour in that. Just not when there's kids around!

Thanks for the kind words sir, I'm happy I chose the right way to handle this, and my family was too. My kid still has a little wolf paw on her face, and wants me to take her swimming :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:09 pm 

You did the right thing three times. Not ignoring what you might be wrong, not applying force on mentally disturbed person and let it go second time with management.
The only pussy in this situation is person in charge of this place who didn't ordered to kick out this weirdo, without asking anyone. They saw it happened, they knew it happened, he should be removed by security immediately and police to be called right away. Who knows what was wrong with this person.

Force to be with you!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:12 pm 

Unless the guy was coming at you and you felt threatened, no need to "destroy" him lol Just take a breather and walk away next time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:37 am 

EWM ASN wrote:

Sure, I admit that I heat-seek a little, You aren't wrong. But I fail to register his comments as "jokes". He trolls my posts, and posts personal information about me on this board. I'm sure he'll respond where we'll delve deeper into this, just as I'm sure another personal attack is going to follow shortly... I guess he and I can't help it.

You need to take things a little less serious here. You seem like a pretty cool guy, so no need to get all bent out of shape about his silly comments. Despite a very shitty mentality when it comes to beer, PP is just joking around and not to be taken seriously.

I am curious though, what personal info of yours did he post?

EWM ASN wrote:
I also guess that there will always be somebody testing your past... The perfect dime for the man who used to cheat, winning a $500 gift certificate to BK for the guy who just shed 100 pounds, and the loud mouthed jerk to the guy that wouldn't have hesitated to choke said jerk with a pool noodle a few years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:39 am 

walking away from a street fight is smart.

i've trained in vrious different martial arts and one day i got into a street fight. well, i didn't know the guy i was fighting had a friend who decided to pull out a knife. it didn't end well for me and i've still got a pretty big scar from it.

trust me, rollling in a gym is different from a street fight.

I will always walk away from a street fight if there's an out as you never know anymore who or what you're going to come up against

you did the right thing by walking away

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:55 am 

NotHawthorny wrote:
EWM ASN wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:03 am 

NewInTown wrote:
NotHawthorny wrote:
EWM ASN wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

okay, okay, it was my poor attempt at a joke. Clearly I am not Russell Peters, but It does help saying it in Tysons voice.

He posted my real name in a forum, and license plate number after I disagreed with him saying that posting your plate number online is not a good idea. I may have blown it out of proportion.

Since then he's been a troll... Which doesn't really bother me until he starts posting my info.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:14 am 

EWM ASN wrote:

okay, okay, it was my poor attempt at a joke. Clearly I am not Russell Peters, but It does help saying it in Tysons voice.

He posted my real name in a forum, and license plate number after I disagreed with him saying that posting your plate number online is not a good idea. I may have blown it out of proportion.

Since then he's been a troll... Which doesn't really bother me until he starts posting my info.

Just playing devils advocate here as I am not taking sides..... But, didn't you post that information yourself when you created the petition for 4th line and Derry? I don't think he posted anything that you already didn't do yourself. Repeating it was a dickish move on his part, but I can understand why he thought it was ok.

As far as the trolling goes, don't get worked up, he does it to everybody. You will need a thicker skin if you are going to survive around here.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:38 am 

NotHawthorny wrote:

Just playing devils advocate here as I am not taking sides..... But, didn't you post that information yourself when you created the petition for 4th line and Derry? I don't think he posted anything that you already didn't do yourself. Repeating it was a dickish move on his part, but I can understand why he thought it was ok.

As far as the trolling goes, don't get worked up, he does it to everybody. You will need a thicker skin if you are going to survive around here.

Yes, I did post it, and I am certainly to blame for that, I'm not calling myself smart, nor innocent because of that, lessons learned.

See but that's where I disagree. I don't mind getting ripped on, not at all, goes with posting online. But the guy provides zero value, posts things that often don't help the situation, and are blatantly obvious.

He was being a dick (as usual) I'm sure we could find examples if we needed to... But meh.... Too much effort on him. I'll tone it down.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:51 am 

EWM ASN wrote:
NotHawthorny wrote:

Yes, I did post it, and I am certainly to blame for that, I'm not calling myself smart, nor innocent because of that, lessons learned.

See but that's where I disagree. I don't mind getting ripped on, not at all, goes with posting online. But the guy provides zero value, posts things that often don't help the situation, and are blatantly obvious.

He was being a dick (as usual) I'm sure we could find examples if we needed to... But meh.... Too much effort on him. I'll tone it down.

So far you have only seen the asshole side of him. While it is certainly his biggest side, there are some good points too. Just one example, my new keg fridge was not operating as expected and the dude came over at 9pm on a Sat night to fix it for me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:09 am 

prickly_pete wrote:

And before you say I provide nothing of any value to this forum (which is true, and I really don't give a f**K), perhaps you can illustrate to everyone how asking whether or not it was a good idea to not get in a scrap at Great Wolf Lodge is not the dumbest question ever.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:14 am 

Bah forget it... You'll probably kick my ass Pete. I ph34r. I'm sorry for offending you by getting "mad".

Your infinite wisdom and intelligence is beyond anything I have ever witnessed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:32 am 

Walk away. Here's why. Someone that acts that aggressively probably has no other power in life. They likely work in a menial job, have an unhappy relationship. Bottom line they are used to feeling ignored, and unimportant. By acting out in that way they for a brief time they were very relevant and important. For a fleeting moment they had a little power.

Walk Away, go back to your nice home, and good job knowing you have a far better, more prosperous life than he does.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next