HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:51 am 

EWM ASN wrote:
NotHawthorny wrote:

Just playing devils advocate here as I am not taking sides..... But, didn't you post that information yourself when you created the petition for 4th line and Derry? I don't think he posted anything that you already didn't do yourself. Repeating it was a dickish move on his part, but I can understand why he thought it was ok.

As far as the trolling goes, don't get worked up, he does it to everybody. You will need a thicker skin if you are going to survive around here.

Yes, I did post it, and I am certainly to blame for that, I'm not calling myself smart, nor innocent because of that, lessons learned.

See but that's where I disagree. I don't mind getting ripped on, not at all, goes with posting online. But the guy provides zero value, posts things that often don't help the situation, and are blatantly obvious.

He was being a dick (as usual) I'm sure we could find examples if we needed to... But meh.... Too much effort on him. I'll tone it down.

So far you have only seen the asshole side of him. While it is certainly his biggest side, there are some good points too. Just one example, my new keg fridge was not operating as expected and the dude came over at 9pm on a Sat night to fix it for me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:09 am 

prickly_pete wrote:

And before you say I provide nothing of any value to this forum (which is true, and I really don't give a f**K), perhaps you can illustrate to everyone how asking whether or not it was a good idea to not get in a scrap at Great Wolf Lodge is not the dumbest question ever.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:14 am 

Bah forget it... You'll probably kick my ass Pete. I ph34r. I'm sorry for offending you by getting "mad".

Your infinite wisdom and intelligence is beyond anything I have ever witnessed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:32 am 

Walk away. Here's why. Someone that acts that aggressively probably has no other power in life. They likely work in a menial job, have an unhappy relationship. Bottom line they are used to feeling ignored, and unimportant. By acting out in that way they for a brief time they were very relevant and important. For a fleeting moment they had a little power.

Walk Away, go back to your nice home, and good job knowing you have a far better, more prosperous life than he does.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:47 am 

I had a similar situation at the same place a few years ago.

I wisely backed off. Nobody wants to cause a scene and get kicked out of a family resort. You’d never get to sleep in the themed bunk beds.

What I did was apologize, and slink away, head bowed in shame. Then after about 30 minutes so he could calm down, I made sure to get in front of him in the line for the waterslide. I used this opportunity to apologize again, and then chummed it up with him a bit until we were besties. With everything smoothed over, I shook his hand, and headed down the slide.

Half way down, I stuck my arms out and stopped myself dead and flipped myself backwards in the slide. As that asshat can whirling around the corner, he was greeted with a foot right to the balls. As he recoiled, I grabbed his hair and drowned him in the recycled urine of a thousand children. Nobody saw a thing.

Don’t make people look like a pussy in front of their kids and think you aren’t going to get it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:03 am 

@glocklover

Very good way to put things into perspective. I know I have been knocked for posting this here, but it's posts like these that honestly helped me cope with the situation better.

@bremer

That was BOSS! omfg I love it... bremer I wish I had your smarts this weekend sir, that was just brilliant.

We totally made a fort and kept the pirates (aka my wife) at bay with pillow bombs with the little kids area in the room.

On a side note, this was my first experience in such a powerful wave pool. It was hilarious seeing so many people end up at the shallow part being carried all the way from the deep end... I've never seen so many ass-cracks in my life!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:26 pm 

EWM ASN,
Your reaction was the right thing to do. Don't think any less of yourself.
If the guy reacted this way in a "family water park" setting, then it shows he lacks maturity and general common sense. He decided to speak to you in that manner knowing full well children are everywhere. Unfortunately, there are idiots like him everywhere in this world. And chances are, you may run into another idiot again sometime in your life for a different reason.
I think you are more of a man by walking away. Just being able to walk away is the kind of strength you cant train for in a gym. It is something that comes from within. You showed class. Good on you.

Simple math here.....
You displayed family water park behavior
He displayed trailer trash park behavior

Its a no brainer! You win darling.
:wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:34 pm 

As always, there are 3 sides to every story. Your side, their side, and of course the truth. So far we have only heard from one side, and many have applauded WWM ASN as the better man. Good on him. But... I wonder how the other person viewed the same incident. Did he see a bully infringing on his rights? Sadly, we will probably never know. And with that goes the truth.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:44 pm 

As far as trolls go, PP is probably one of the few on this board that is actually funny, but also tells it like it is, to the point of being almost helpful. Lol

Cant say the same for some of the others on here though, frozen garbage keeps and scambaits alike.

Good job keeping cool at the park. Be cool on here too, else you might become the ongoing target of a few trolls...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:17 pm 

@ Ms President

Thank you, I appreciate that. I think I will apply the same logic elsewhere as well, should this kind of stuff happen. Still though, the guy did deserve an ass-whooping, and I'm almost certain one day he will do this to the wrong individual.

I am still learning that some stuff just isn't worth it, and after meeting with by CA today I've got a lot more to worry about! I am trying not to sweat the small stuff like this. There are bigger worries, like a $45K tax hit for year end.

@Foreveryoung

You are absolutely right. There were more like 5 versions (D-bags, Managers, my wife, his wife, other upset customers).

Man I should have killed him, so that this could have gone to court, and I could have sent you the video surveillance of my actions where i was a nice guy... Well up until his dismemberment of course. Alas, you'll probably think I doctored the video too. Hmmpf, some people are never satisfied.

(Do you really believe somebody will come here and make this stuff up to look cool on HV?)

@wipmike

Hey man, I'm a cucumber, just don't like when people regurgitate my personal information in hopes for me to get upset. I wouldn't do that to anybody, so I got miffed that he did it to me, and that he follows me around trolling. I did feel honoured though... Up until I learned he did that to everybody. I was hoping he could give me a prickly pete, exclusively! :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:31 pm 

so who is the toughest of all you guys that posted here? that would kick everyone elses butt?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:45 pm 

Princess Beata wrote:
so who is the toughest of all you guys that posted here? that would kick everyone elses butt?

Oh boy.. So many variables to this:

1. Whats the setting?
2. Are there rules?
3. Are there classes of weight?
4. What determines the win?
5. Is it timed?
6. Is it a Royal Rumble, or 1 fight at a time?
7. Weapons?
and of course
8. Who is fighting, who.

But ultimately, I don't think you can determine this the same way all the time, you'll always have factors such as luck (good or bad). This is why you see such close rematches and the winner isn't always consistent.

Best way to find out how tough somebody is, is by putting them through the same system, say a "gauntlet" of events and seeing who completes this within a respective time frame.

For the record, I've gotten my ass handed to me a LOT of times over and over again... I wouldn't call myself tough, just have heart, and don't like to take sh!t from people. Like I said, Pete would probably kick my ass :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:26 pm 

You're spending a lot of time obsessing about some asshat's comment at a waterpark days ago.

Let it go and move on with your life already. Stop wasting so much time posting about some stupid 60-second argument and go play with your kid. That's what a real man would do now (2 days later).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:52 pm 

@miltonLeo

Wise words, thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:09 am 

you pussied out

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next