HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:23 pm 

Why is everybody bitching about ISIS. I though we wanted multiculturalism and moral relativism in Canada.
Or are we reconsidering our position?

Crux sacra sit mihi lux! Non draco sit mihi dux!

Last edited by lxor on Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:49 pm 

One more story of a guy peacefully practicing his religion by beheading his coworker:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/30/ok ... y-experts/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:37 pm 

lxor wrote:
If Obama and global warming believers would stop blocking the Keystone XL pipeline project, US would be energy independent.
Its as if Obama is sabotaging his country on purpose.

And if the US became energy independent, do you think it would make a difference to the US/North America? What exactly is Obama sabotaging?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:10 pm 

prickly_pete wrote:
Global warming "believers"???

Yes

To be precise: man made global warming believers.

There is zero evidence that global warming is man made.
This is especially apparent when we consider that there has not been any global warming since about the mid 90s.
This was the time when many countries in Asia, most notably China have been industrializing.
25% of all carbon emissions in human history have occurred in that time, and no warming.
Therefore I reiterate that man made global warming is a faith, with its own believers.

Last edited by lxor on Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:25 pm 

redrider wrote:
lxor wrote:
If Obama and global warming believers would stop blocking the Keystone XL pipeline project, US would be energy independent.
Its as if Obama is sabotaging his country on purpose.

And if the US became energy independent, do you think it would make a difference to the US/North America? What exactly is Obama sabotaging?

He is sabotaging both security and economic well-being of his country and his people for the sake of his ideology.
Delaying Keystone XL, no offshore drilling, no drilling on public lands, reluctant on fracking and LNG terminals.
All these produce a lot of economic activity and very well paying jobs, a fact especially pertinent as one's country is still in a state of painful stagnation.

With respect to destabilizing forces in the world today, where do you think their money comes from?
Islamist money
Putin's money
Iran's money

If we want to stop all these bastards, we need to displace their energy products.

By the way while we are distracted by ISIS, Iran is quietly continuing its nuclear weapons program, with Obama administration's blessing.

Last edited by lxor on Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:31 pm 

lxor wrote:
prickly_pete wrote:

Yes

This is especially apparent when we consider that there has not been any global warming since about the mid 90s.
This was the time when many countries in Asia, most notably China have been industrializing.
25% of all carbon emissions in human history have occurred in that time, and no warming.
Therefore I reiterate that man made global warming is a faith, with its own believers.

I am sure there are institutions were you can be cured of these weird thoughts.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:00 pm 

Foreveryoung wrote:
lxor wrote:
prickly_pete wrote:

Yes

Yes the church of global warming - the CBC would, but I don't watch it.

If my thoughts are weird to you, Its because I just challenged your man made global warming faith.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:08 pm 

prickly_pete wrote:
Amazing. Simply... amazing.

Which part do you find most amazing? :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:14 pm 

lxor wrote:
If we want to stop all these bastards, we need to displace their energy products.

I'll ignore all the rest of your Sean Hannity/Ezra Levant bullshit because it's all rhetoric and buzz words, but the above quote is what I was getting at initially. You'll have to elaborate on that "displace their energy products" a bit. Energy is a globally traded commodity, controlled mostly by OPEC. If the US were to flood the market, OPEC would shut the tap to keep supply in check. Their sole purpose is to control supply/prices. Sanctions against individual countries are what hurts the most, not "energy independence" or a pipeline.

If you're really concerned about national security, do some research into the business dealings between Halliburton/Dick Cheney and these so-called "enemies" of ours. Sanctions don't apply to Halliburton apparently.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:09 pm 

redrider wrote:
lxor wrote:

I'll ignore all the rest of your Sean Hannity/Ezra Levant bullshit because it's all rhetoric and buzz words, but the above quote is what I was getting at initially. You'll have to elaborate on that "displace their energy products" a bit. Energy is a globally traded commodity, controlled mostly by OPEC. If the US were to flood the market, OPEC would shut the tap to keep supply in check. Their sole purpose is to control supply/prices. Sanctions against individual countries are what hurts the most, not "energy independence" or a pipeline.

If you're really concerned about national security, do some research into the business dealings between Halliburton/Dick Cheney and these so-called "enemies" of ours. Sanctions don't apply to Halliburton apparently.

Hey I like Ezra Levant, Sean Hannity not so much, but ignoring your - in my opinion - inaccurate insult i'll continue.

OPEC does not have control of oil prices anymore, not like in the past. Saudi Arabia has some control still but not a huge amount.
The reason the Saudis are producing at 100% is because they want to hurt Iran, and they are hurting Iran as well as Russia.
OPEC countries cannot shut off the supply anymore because their economies have become very dependent on the revenue the Oil brings, any significant drop in the world oil prices and they go into deficits.
By shutting off production they would be shooting themselves in the foot and helping every other producer.

The sanctions US had against Iran were very effective and were really hurting Iran, and then the Obama administration relaxed them in a desperate and naive hope to get any kind of deal from Iran on the nuclear weapons program.
So now Iranians are playing games and continuing to develop nuclear weapons.

Energy independence for US means that they will never have to send their military to the middle east to protect middle eastern oil.
Being a net producer of oil and gas means that we - the western democratic countries - would start to deny energy revenue to all kinds evil regimes around the world.
The problem we currently have is that we cannot transport enough of our energy into the world markets. In Canada's case even to other provinces. Rail is helping though.
I am also very hopeful we can rapidly develop new technologies to displace oil and gas. If we had even 5% electric cars this would have major effect of world oil prices.
Natural gas powered cars and transport vehicles will likewise have a significant impact. Natural gas in the near future will become a major transportation fuel.

I newer defended Halliburton, whatever they did, but best way to control powerful interests is to introduce competition to them and in so doing lessen their power.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:03 pm 

Foreveryoung wrote:
lxor wrote:
prickly_pete wrote:

Yes

prickly_pete wrote:
lxor wrote:
prickly_pete wrote:

Yes

Amazing. Simply... amazing.
Foreveryoung wrote:
lxor wrote:
prickly_pete wrote:

Yes

Yes, try the Pembina Institute and if that doesn't work try Polaris, or even Dr Suzuki. He'll soon set you straight on what you should believe in. Or maybe attend one of Al Gore's seminars for good measure. If you're not indoctrinated by then, I'm afraid there's no hope. This planet will soon be just a big ball of fire and it'll be all your fault.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:15 pm 

I like Al Gore, he is funny, he said that the north polar ice cap might be gone by 2013.
Anybody been up there to check?

But lets give Gore a break, after all, he did invent the Internet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:17 am 

lxor wrote:
prickly_pete wrote:

Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuGCJJUGsg

that is all

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:27 am 

lxor wrote:
I like Al Gore, he is funny, he said that the north polar ice cap might be gone by 2013.
Anybody been up there to check?

But lets give Gore a break, after all, he did invent the Internet.

All I'm saying is that these environmentalists are somewhat deranged. In my hometown(N.O.), they woke up with a bunch of snow on Monday morning. In my recollection, that has never occurred this early in the fall. If Global Warming is indeed a fact, you'd think such events would be the reverse of what actually happened.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:50 am 

I&J wrote:
Yes, try the Pembina Institute and if that doesn't work try Polaris, or even Dr Suzuki. He'll soon set you straight on what you should believe in. Or maybe attend one of Al Gore's seminars for good measure. If you're not indoctrinated by then, I'm afraid there's no hope. This planet will soon be just a big ball of fire and it'll be all your fault.

Old scammers. Do you really trust to Gore who is using private jets, limos and lives in castle to really care about atmosphere?
He is using huge boat, which blasting of smoke at two gallons an hour burning rate and you admire this ashole?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/ ... RN20140627

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/GlobalWa ... id=2906888
"Electric bills for the former vice president's 20-room home and pool house devoured nearly 221,000 kilowatt-hours in 2006, more than 20 times the national average of 10,656 kilowatt-hours."

You need to check with Friends of Science, dude.
"The growing divergence between climate models and observed temperatures, indicating that the climate sensitivity of carbon dioxide has been greatly over estimated..."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/ ... RN20140627

Here is one thing in common between Russian Nationalism, Islamic Fanaticism and Global Warming Scam - all three are designed to benefit on uneducated crowds.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next