HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:10 am 

It has been a good day until I got home.

Spent the day at the Milton Centre for the Arts, volunteering for Culture Days. It was a good event featuring the varied talents of local artists ranging from singers, dancers, actors and painters. Culture Days continues on Sunday and is well worth checking out.

Then I spent the evening cooking for the Lions Club at the Fall Fair. Huge crowd enjoying the Fair and the derby.

I came home to find two cruisers and an unmarked vehicle in front of my house. Relieved to find out there was nothing wrong at my home, I found out they were there due to a neighbour. After finding out I was a partner in emergency management the officers let me know that a neighbour had died. Since then it has been a stream of officials. Coroner, detectives and victim services. I really want to give kudos to the officers and those involved with Halton Victim Services. They did an outstanding job tonight providing support to the survivors but also for their professionalism in handling the overall event. We have good people out there protecting us and supporting us during traumatic events.

We love to complain about our cops but we should think about how challenging it must be to deal with these situations and how empathetic they are to families, they do deserve our recognition and praise.