HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:15 pm 

justagirl wrote:
They skip everything, even the tetanus shot.

That also is not true

There are "natural" vaccines available (heck there is a place in the Milton Mall even selling them so someone is buying)

No idea what is inside or if it is anything beyond a placebo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:24 pm 

shawnrk1 wrote:
There are "natural" vaccines available (heck there is a place in the Milton Mall even selling

A vitamin shot and some "homeopathic magic water" is not a vaccine.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:27 pm 

shawnrk1 wrote:
justagirl wrote:

That also is not true

There are "natural" vaccines available (heck there is a place in the Milton Mall even selling them so someone is buying)

All vaccines are "natural". All they do is introduce weakened bacteria so the body builds immunity to it. There is no other way.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:44 pm 

If it's put in a box by a guy who knows what he's talking about, it's unnatural.

Edit for spelling

Last edited by bremer on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:50 am 

prickly_pete wrote:
dakaardian wrote:
All vaccines are "natural". All they do is introduce weakened bacteria so the body builds immunity to it. There is no other way.

Okay question: if everything comes from the earth one way or another, what makes something "natural" or "unnatural?"

One should ask Jenny, Paris Hilton or the Kardashians. They have the scientists with the brains and all the answers. 24x7 TMZ news will also keep one informed and at the top of the scientific developments. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:01 am 

dakaardian wrote:
shawnrk1 wrote:
justagirl wrote:

That also is not true

The point was you need a certain education level to administer a vaccine

So whatever these others are shooting up with (I *guess* vitamins but again I have no direct knowledge) certainly is not the same as what you get from a doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:06 am 

dakaardian wrote:
prickly_pete wrote:
dakaardian wrote:

Okay question: if everything comes from the earth one way or another, what makes something "natural" or "unnatural?"

One should ask Jenny, Paris Hilton or the Kardashians. They have the scientists with the brains and all the answers. 24x7 TMZ news will also keep one informed and at the top of the scientific developments. :roll:

Charlie Sheen, Bill Maher, Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins, Donald Trump, Hugh Hefner, Jim Carrey, Rob Schneider and that guy who directed From Dusk Till Dawn also have all been vocal antivaxxers. We should include them on the list.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:14 am 

Annie wrote:
Charlie Sheen, Bill Maher, Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins, Donald Trump, Hugh Hefner, Jim Carrey, Rob Schneider and that guy who directed From Dusk Till Dawn also have all been vocal antivaxxers. We should include them on the list.

Their kids are certainly not in the general populace
Even in a plague situation most celebs could afford to isolate themselves

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:20 am 

prickly_pete wrote:
Annie wrote:
dakaardian wrote:

White privilege much?

If I went to see a doctor, and one of these people walked in, although pleased with meeting a celebrity and obtaining a good story for friends and acquaintances, I would soon ask to see an actual doctor for their opinion on things related to my health.

But keep going, you've got a point to make somewhere.

Gender not colour. All the previous proponents of antivaxxing listed were female. I just wanted to balance the gender bent. It had nothing to do with white privilege. The Dusk Till Dawn guy is Latino - R. Rodriguez. I should have typed that out. My apologies. I didn't mean to make this about white privilege.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:12 am 

Annie wrote:
dakaardian wrote:

I guess all those too, even though my point was the current culture where even fake celebrities as the ones I mentioned above are worshiped by millions in North America. God help us !

Not that I would take any scientific, political or life advise from any celebrity, including Bono, DiCaprio and .

On the other side, I would pay to watch a Charlie Sheen, Rob Schneider or Jim Carry movie, listen to Smashing Pumpkins and really enjoyed From Dask Till Dawn. Heck, I even agree with Bill Maher in a few occasions.

BTW, stupidity has no color or gender but I always abide by the saying: never debate with stupid as they will drag you down to their level and beat you on experience.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:17 am 

Annie wrote:
Gender not colour. All the previous proponents of antivaxxing listed were female. I just wanted to balance the gender bent. It had nothing to do with white privilege. The Dusk Till Dawn guy is Latino - R. Rodriguez. I should have typed that out. My apologies. I didn't mean to make this about white privilege.

To be fair most pro-vax are also white
You certainly do not see any black / latino communities on the news screaming to force neighbours kids to get vaccines (and much higher percent of them do not due to access to health care they claim anyways)

Holly Robinson Peete or Lisa Bonet are the most famous from the black community if you needed a leader for black anti-vax

Just another thing Prickles is utterly ignorant about the world

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:27 am 

prickly_pete wrote:
White privilege much?

If I went to see a doctor, and one of these people walked in, although pleased with meeting a celebrity and obtaining a good story for friends and acquaintances, I would soon ask to see an actual doctor for their opinion on things related to my health.

But keep going, you've got a point to make somewhere.

shawnrk1 wrote:
Annie wrote:

To be fair most pro-vax are also white
You certainly do not see any black / latino communities on the news screaming to force neighbours kids to get vaccines (and much higher percent of them do not due to access to health care they claim anyways)

Holly Robinson Peete or Lisa Bonet are the most famous from the black community if you needed a leader for black anti-vax

Yah, maybe cause the main media voice is white. Or rich. Maybe it's not 'white privilege' but 'privilege'. The people against vaccines are the ones with other options to protect themselves and families. The people who believe them are the ones who dont have the money to pay for vaccines so they cling to all these holistic remedies crap cuz they have to believe in something I guess?

I thought this thread was dead but trust Pete to take this to a whole new level.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:31 pm 

shawnrk1 wrote:

Not for long you won't!!! Hello, Nanopatch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGRy5VU-LfI

Also, for what its worth. 2015 Annie is my favorite incarnation of Annie. No joke intended. She's badass now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:50 pm 

I think that list is a perfect example of why you SHOULD vaccinate your kids. Parenting advice from the Warlock? Who's kids are in the care of his ex wife because they are mentally disturbed from spending time with him and Brooke Mueller. Sound choice.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:23 am 

martin prince wrote:
shawnrk1 wrote:

Not for long you won't!!! Hello, Nanopatch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGRy5VU-LfI

Also, for what its worth. 2015 Annie is my favorite incarnation of Annie. No joke intended. She's badass now.

This would be great to see happen. I think one thing we can all agree on is more safe and effective vaccinations at the same time eliminating any if not all drawbacks. Thank you for sharing that Martin prince!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next