HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:10 pm 

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/measles-in ... -1.2216916

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:32 pm 

Not that I want to jump in this thread with two feet, but would somebody please tell me, how do the non vaxers contract measles if the rest of the population is vaccinated?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:57 pm 

They travel, get infected, and come home. Then they spread it to their circle of likeminded idiotic friends, and it takes off from there.

Also, not everyone who gets the shot gets immunized. 5+% of the population will not have the vaccine work on them for whatever reason.

I'm a believer that people should be allowed to make horrible decisions for themselves and their children. But in cases like this, that should also mean not being allowed to send your kids to school, and being forced to reimburse the healthcare system for any costs incurred when you or your kids get sick.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:43 pm 

So where do these people from foreign nations, third world presumably, contract the virus and how does it affect tourism? The origin of the virus is still a mystery. And I understand the whole like minded idiot shpeel, I was more interested in where it originates or how its formed.
Anyone know?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:43 pm 

if we could sue them then it would not be an issue

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:23 pm 

SpookyLady wrote:
if we could sue them then it would not be an issue

I was going to suggest the exact same thing.
They should absolutely be sued.
If you are going to live in a densely populated area, vaccination is the price.
If they want to live on a remote island or rural area and not come out, then its their choice.

Crux sacra sit mihi lux! Non draco sit mihi dux!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:35 pm 

Backyard hero wrote:
So where do these people from foreign nations, third world presumably, contract the virus and how does it affect tourism? The origin of the virus is still a mystery. And I understand the whole like minded idiot shpeel, I was more interested in where it originates or how its formed.
Anyone know?

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/02/0 ... able/?_r=0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Measles

Crux sacra sit mihi lux! Non draco sit mihi dux!

Last edited by lxor on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:45 pm 

Oooooh, so it originated in Disneyland :roll:
Just wondering how long before the cognitive dissonance sets in...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:59 am 

lxor wrote:
Backyard hero wrote:
Anyone know?

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/02/0 ... able/?_r=0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Measles

Thanks for the Wikipedia link, cause I don't actually have that on my computer. :roll:

For example, Ebola was apparently linked to bat sh*t, and someone figured that out.
How did this virus form? It doesn't say anywhere. Only that it might be linked to plague.
And the plague came from China. Humans have been under viral attack ever since we step foot on this planet. Who are you, and why do you want to hurt us? Sigh..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:38 am 

None of this will matter once the killer comet gets here. Oh, it's coming alright. We're f***ed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:50 am 

Measles has been around for centuries (http://www.cdc.gov/measles/about/history.html). However, thanks to vaccination, it had been pretty well eradicated in the Western world up until recently. The rise in numbers of unvaccinated individuals has allowed measles to spread across North America (if you're looking for how it came back here recently to start with, yes it's likely from either an immigrant or traveler from an area where measles has not been eradicated and still causes disease).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:57 am 

Backyard hero wrote:
Thanks for the Wikipedia link, cause I don't actually have that on my computer. :roll:

Well you did ask twice, so maybe you should have been clearer about not requiring information but lacking the ability to process information.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:13 am 

MiltonShiv wrote:
Backyard hero wrote:

Well you did ask twice, so maybe you should have been clearer about not requiring information but lacking the ability to process information.

I asked twice cause I didn't get an answer.
To be more clear, WHAT is it's origin? As in how does it come about? Does it materialize out if thin air was it created or did hitch a ride on an asteroid? Furthermore why does every generation require more vaccines then the last? I know the answers to my questions, I just wanted to know if anybody else does.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:20 am 

Such a shame... Especially since Jenny McCarthy is so hot.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:23 am 

Backyard hero wrote:
I asked twice cause I didn't get an answer.
To be more clear, WHAT is it's origin? As in how does it come about? Does it materialize out if thin air was it created or did hitch a ride on an asteroid? Furthermore why does every generation require more vaccines then the last? I know the answers to my questions, I just wanted to know if anybody else does.

Where did anything come from? How did life originate? Who firkin knows. Measles has been around forever, just like all the other nasty crap we don’t ever want to catch.

Every generation needs more vaccinations because we develop more to give. It’s called progress.

I am not following where you are trying to lead us here. Why don’t you just get to the point you want to make?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next