HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:55 pm 

Annie wrote:
Foreveryoung wrote:
Hey Annie,

You made some generalized valid points, but none seem to apply to this disaster. Why are you trying so hard to bring the word Muslim into this particular conversation? I think your comments are well meant, but misguided and have no place at all in this particular thread.

Thank you for this much. If you could spare the two minutes, please look at the video below.

https://youtu.be/ifXrGD4fITg

Looked at it, and it only re-enforces the fact that you are desperately trying to involve an element that just is not there. The pilot was white. Stop trying to build a scenario where the pilot might have been anything other than white. You sound desperate for confrontation.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:11 pm 

Annie has no point. Other than to stir up $hit. If the white supremacist were calling up the media taking credit for this act it would be called terrorism. If he had some extremist views of white power and supremacy and celebrated the deaths of innocent people, this act would be terrorism.

Annie got owned - move on to another thread. You don't have a single person here who agrees with you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:41 pm 

Annie wrote:
bremer wrote:
You missed nothing. Some people are just that stupid.

You quite happily participate in derogatory Muslim jokes and deliberately misunderstand a post that has nothing to do with terrorism but the treatment of Muslim people by the media.

You don't want to be aware of it. I get that. You reject anything that might make you think about your own actions negatively. You enjoy belittling women and people of colour in what you call humour. But things like respect, decency and community are things we pay forward. It may be funny to you because you aren't being shortchanged in the worldview but it's hurtful to others. And I know you and PP think bullying is a myth and everyone should suck it up but when you make jokes like you've done here, you're being bullies to Muslim people who don't deserve it.

Are there Muslims who deserve it? Absolutely but the majority don't. Hitler was baptized a Catholic as an infant and confirmed at age 15 but no Catholic lives in fear of being branded a Nazi.

You're right about some people being stupid. You may be wrong on who exactly falls into that category.

Your ass must get jealous of all the sh*t that comes out of your mouth.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:01 am 

My favourite part was this, to Devious:

Annie wrote:
Calling someone 'racist' and a 'condescending ass' adds nothing to the conversation but a measure of what kind of man you are. Call your mother Devious if she doesn't live with you. Spend fifteen minutes chatting with her about her life experiences and ask her about her hopes for the type of person she dreamed you'd be.

Telling another person of colour that they aren't living their life correctly. As though speaking to someone who does not realize who they are, someone who needs some guidance from a real person of colour, someone who knows better. No, not the words of a condescending ass at all.

Good morning Annie. I hope you regret this garbage with the morning light.

Edit: I do not personally know Devious. Or Annie. Or MiltonShiv for that matter.

Last edited by B&T402 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:50 am 

Annie wrote:
Sandeep wrote:
Did I miss something? It's usually called a terrorist attack because either the attacker says he's a terrorist or fighting a cause or B his organization takes credit for it. The media doesn't ALWAYS assume.

I'm going to say this gently because I know that my responses to you tend to make you cry. An exploration of the issue of terrorism is not calling something terrorism. The media can prompt associations in the minds of the general populace by running stories side by side. Are you with me still? By linking every instance where a white male is responsible for the death of many to mental illness, the killer becomes the victim in the scenario and it is society and not the individual responsible.

The poor guy was sick... If we'd had better health supports in place...His neighbours said he was the nicest man ever...

If the guy had been Black, his ghetto connections would have been highlighted. If the guy had been Muslim, there would have been statistics on how many people have died in plane crashes at the hands of Muslims - without calling it a terrorist act unless claimed of course. but speculation would be encouraged. The mosque he attended would come under close scrutiny, even if they had nothing to do with the crash.

Are you still with me here? It's all about framing the message for the audience. So yes, you did miss something; several somethings in fact. Just think it through next time.

You appear to constantly be grasping at straws stretching and twisting events and news to meet your agenda. Based on the tone and content of your responses, it doesn't appear you can have a mature debate, much less even listen to an opinion that differs from your own. Enjoy spreading your crap across the forums; no one gives a sh*t.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:52 am 

B&T402 wrote:
My favourite part was this, to Devious:

Annie wrote:
Calling someone 'racist' and a 'condescending ass' adds nothing to the conversation but a measure of what kind of man you are. Call your mother Devious if she doesn't live with you. Spend fifteen minutes chatting with her about her life experiences and ask her about her hopes for the type of person she dreamed you'd be.

Telling another person of colour that they aren't living their life correctly. As though speaking to someone who does not realize who they are, someone who needs some guidance from a real person of colour, someone who knows better. No, not the words of a condescending ass at all.

Good morning Annie. I hope you regret this garbage with the morning light.

Holy shite storm Batman! How is it possible that one old lady can get under your skin like this. Did you really respond, respond again, re-read the thread and respond on behalf of someone else? Chick comes on here with a volatile message but almost every post that isn't home repair of looking for service can stir up sh*t. This was no worse than other crap like the anti vaxxers and kids with allergies but you guys just went after her like she was al quaieda. She said one thing, yuo said it would have been better if she said jihadist muslims are crazy. She said, not about muslims but media, you say I call bs, you're a sh*t disturber she says nothing to you, you come back and based on something directed at someone else, you go after her again proving by your standards she's in fact a condescending ass.

Well done dude! ( And yes I'm saying it because it annoys you). You showed her. Any minute now she's gonna pop up here, head hanging in shame, admitting regret like you scolded her. Only no. She's probably moved on with her life and her day (she's not really on here that much) and you're still hung up on sh*t she said.

My buddy Sandeep wil give me crap about how Pete is my hero but like he's the only man on here who kinda wrapped up and moved past this. He showed that he's not tied to what was said here, it doesn't matter to him because he's actually not insecure. The rest of you though....well why does she matter so much?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:56 am 

Sandeep wrote:
Annie wrote:
Sandeep wrote:
Did I miss something? It's usually called a terrorist attack because either the attacker says he's a terrorist or fighting a cause or B his organization takes credit for it. The media doesn't ALWAYS assume.

I'm going to say this gently because I know that my responses to you tend to make you cry. An exploration of the issue of terrorism is not calling something terrorism. The media can prompt associations in the minds of the general populace by running stories side by side. Are you with me still? By linking every instance where a white male is responsible for the death of many to mental illness, the killer becomes the victim in the scenario and it is society and not the individual responsible.

The poor guy was sick... If we'd had better health supports in place...His neighbours said he was the nicest man ever...

If the guy had been Black, his ghetto connections would have been highlighted. If the guy had been Muslim, there would have been statistics on how many people have died in plane crashes at the hands of Muslims - without calling it a terrorist act unless claimed of course. but speculation would be encouraged. The mosque he attended would come under close scrutiny, even if they had nothing to do with the crash.

Are you still with me here? It's all about framing the message for the audience. So yes, you did miss something; several somethings in fact. Just think it through next time.

You appear to constantly be grasping at straws stretching and twisting events and news to meet your agenda. Based on the tone and content of your responses, it doesn't appear you can have a mature debate, much less even listen to an opinion that differs from your own. Enjoy spreading your crap across the forums; no one gives a sh*t.Image

And yet still you read, respond, react. Dude, you're kinda proving her point. Let it go man. Yuo're just making yourself look it's personal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:17 am 

i blame America its all their fault and especially Monsanto http://boingboing.net/2015/03/27/tv-lobbyist-claims-monsanto-r.html its because of what everyone is eating.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 am 

MiltonShiv wrote:
Holy sh*t storm Batman! How is it possible that one old lady can get under your skin like this. Did you really respond, respond again, re-read the thread and respond on behalf of someone else? Chick comes on here with a volatile message but almost every post that isn't home repair of looking for service can stir up sh*t...

I hear what you’re saying but i think Annie trying to make something out of this, that is simply not there

Annie wrote:
He deliberately drove a plane into a mountain, killing 150 innocent people. Terrorist? Not according to the media.

It was not a terrorist attack, so why would the media print that it was.

She goes on to say:
Annie wrote:
If the guy had been Black, his ghetto connections would have been highlighted.

Because the guy is black he has Ghetto connections??? Ok let's play along. Let's say he did have Ghetto connections, maybe they would print it. Since we are playing stupid scenario's Anne do you think if they had found horrible information this white guy. Lets say this white air pilot had proof on his computer that he has kidnapped a kid, or they found proof linking him to a serial killer case. Would not be all over the press too! Or they would not release this because he is White! The media is not hiding anything they are simply printing what they have found. In this guys case they have found nothing.

Think about what she is really trying to say. Is she saying because he is "white" the media is portraying him to be a "mental illness". But if he had been any other color then the Media would have made him out to be a "terrorist", not a mental illness case. This is not the case, the guy was "mentally distributed", he did not have a group of people backing him and instructing him, nor did he have an agenda. He lost his marbles and crashed the plane.

Annie wrote:
If the guy had been Muslim, there would have been statistics on how many people have died in plane crashes at the hands of Muslims - without calling it a terrorist act unless claimed of course. but speculation would be encouraged. The mosque he attended would come under close scrutiny, even if they had nothing to do with the crash.

Yes some of this would have happened because of pass circumstances, patterns but once they figured out the guy was not connected to ISIS, the Media would have printed about this guy’s mental disorder too. Stating that no known connections to ISIS was found.

I just feel Anne is trying too hard to turn this into something it is not.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:34 am 

MiltonShiv wrote:

And yet still you read, respond, react. Dude, you're kinda proving her point. Let it go man. Yuo're just making yourself look it's personal.

Don't need your help or care for opinion on how I respond on this forum. Thanks anyway.