HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:54 pm 

Lol. I might run down your grandma for 20 bucks, but I’d never make her walk far before I did it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:15 pm 

Yeah…like all it would take for this to never happen again would be for one guy in the chain to say “hey, this isn’t how I’d like to be treated”. Yet, that guy never seems to be a part of the process. Instead we have an army of people who would rather go home at the end of the day having done nothing to make the world a better place to live in.

It's so sad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:30 pm 

prickly_pete wrote:

It is bizarre, isn't it?

Is this guy refusing to fix the problems because his boss(es) said "try to screw people out of repairs," or is he just being a dickhead on his own accord?

IMO there is a culture within this builder and some other builders at the post purchase warranty level. To get things done the new home owner needs to know his / her rights and demand action from the very beginning. This culture is a result of no consequences when the builders warranty workers dismiss or deny legitimate warranty claims. IMO this culture creates a situation where the warranty workers will measure-up the home owner and gage whether the person will fight back or not.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:04 pm 

Thanks for everybody help. I will post it on my facebook.
The leak issue is so obvious, but Mattamy come by say it is dry so no issues, they refuse to fix.
Here are the pictures tell how bad Mattamy is:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:26 pm 

Here is today's Mattamy reply for the bedroom leaking. What I should reply back? Thanks!

What was found, however, was no trace of a leak at all as there was no discoloration on the drywall in the room, on the plywood in the attic, or in the insulation covering this area.To address your question stating ‘why Mattamy can’t fix issue for customer’; our inspection yesterday took place to ensure exactly that, however, no issue was found. Unless there is evidence of an issue, or a direct issue is observed, no action can take place. At this time, Mattamy Homes will be taking no further action on the reported leak in your Master Bedroom.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:30 pm 

As for my dinning room leaking, Mattamy can't explain how ice damming water passed the wall enter my lower floor dinning room. They just refuse to fix. Here is Mattamy reply.
"While ice damming is not a warrantable issue through Mattamy Homes or Tarion, due to it being preventable through Homeowner maintenance"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:53 pm 

Did you send them the photo of the wet spot on the bedroom ceiling? That should be proof that it did leak.

I would be very concerned about those 3 broken windows. Seem like it could be a weight distribution problem. Maybe they did not install a proper header or support the header correctly.
3 broken windows on a row, I would think shows signs of a larger problem.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:15 pm 

I send all the photos here to them, they still don't fix. That's why my hearth break and start share photos with you here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:20 pm 

I even have more proof, see the photo below. Friends, please help me fight back with Mattamy, we need quality builder to build our future.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:34 pm 

Not sure if that rain pipe is to code, should it not connect to more piping bring the water down to drain on the ground not on your roof. If it is Ok to drain on roof should there be some sort of flashing in the wall and under the shingles to prevent water from entering from the wall area. Seems to me this is not water damming issue, it is an rain pipe issue with no flashing installed on the brick wall

I would ask the builder to remove that drain pipe and have them add a drain pipe somewhere else

Last edited by justagirl on Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:36 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:37 pm 

Good! This is the sort of stuff you want on the internet.

Try forwarding them a link to this page and tell them to show where in the photos they see no evidence of leaks.

I'd probably just get a lawyer to send them a letter demanding action. It's not terribly expensive to have that done and it might get them to take you more seriously if they think a lawsuit might happen.

This is exactly why I'll never buy a house from a builder.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:41 pm 

Quote:
"While ice damming is not a warrantable issue through Mattamy Homes or Tarion, due to it being preventable through Homeowner maintenance"

This is such a crock, makes me so angry. What a joke.

Good luck, buddy. Keep at it, and not just in here. I think you need to make some calls, some big ones. I don't think I've seen an episode of CBC's Marketplace on new home builders. Though, would they or any other media touch such a sacred cow as the Canadian real estate racket?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:35 pm 

Thanks.
My next step is post it on facebook and add mattamy tag. If things still not get solved, I will go to the lawer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:52 pm 

Milton_Eric wrote:
As for my dinning room leaking, Mattamy can't explain how ice damming water passed the wall enter my lower floor dinning room. They just refuse to fix. Here is Mattamy reply.

Actually,,, the Ontario Building Code specifically requires that roofs be installed to prevent leakage from ice damming so Mattamy and Tarion are both wrong. They are wrong because Tarions rules are irrelevant when OBC rules are more stringent.

And BTW, ice damming is only really preventable when insulation in attics is done properly and Mattamy homes have numerous and common insulation problems.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next