HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:41 pm 

I doubt that's all you have to say.

You still have the burden of proof good sir. Simply keeping a closed mind doesn't mean you are right.

For the record, I am neither a smoker of tobacco or cannabis, nor a user of e-cigarettes. I have no vested interest in any of these places thriving or going belly up. I simply am open to the fact that many anti-smoking groups are even for this over tobacco.

Clinical research trials are hardly bullshit. Your rhetoric and reference to a tabloid newspaper (The Toronto Sun - really? That's your reference point?) is more bullshit than clinical research papers.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:04 pm 

I do, when I have to smell that bullshit.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:17 pm 

prickly_pete wrote:
All Star sounds like a fun guy to invite to a party.

FYI, I happen to be a lady, Pete. One who doesn't need to get "high or sloshed" to have a good time and have lots of fun.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:41 pm 

Nobody ‘needs’ to get high or sloshed to have a good time or have fun. You just have a ‘better’ time when you get high or sloshed.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:37 pm 

Vape lounges will not let people smoke weed; Any serious business in the ecig market will stay far away from the weed attachments. The small shops/gas stations that stock some ecig stuff but not only, might.

vape stuff for eliquid(nicotine liquid, can also be nicotine free) is not usable for weed. There are attachments that will go on the ecig batterys, but you wont find them in the shops on main st.

Hookah isn't even close to being the same, i don't know why it would be included with the vape lounges. They may not even let you vape in a hookah lounge, its not unusual.

But i agree, 2 stores that close is a little much.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:58 pm 

I would love to live in a jurisdiction that allowed me to have a cigar and a nice scotch in a warm inviting atmosphere. I love to be treated like an adult once in a while. Milton will never be an affluent area, do you think there will come a time when you can buy a Rolex on Main Street or have a $40 a plate meal?

People here are house poor.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:10 pm 

Why the hell not? I love hookah lounges and i drive all the way to mississauga. I would love for Milton to have hookah lounges.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:32 pm 

So.. does anyone know where the hookah lounge is? Beats driving to Sauga...

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:44 pm 

as far as i know its in the old old comic express location, there is a hookah in the front window near martin and main. its maybe 3 stores to the right, far side if you come down martin to the intersection. not sure if its open yet.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:51 am 

For the uninitiated, can someone please explain in plain English what a vape and hookah is? I can Google it, but prefer to have the opinion of the experts on this site. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:08 pm 

Foreveryoung wrote:
For the uninitiated, can someone please explain in plain English what a vape and hookah is? I can Google it, but prefer to have the opinion of the experts on this site. Thank you.

This would have been a better original post than the actual original post lol
It's like a bunch of living rooms all in one room where people sit around a coffee table with friends and it's less formal than a restaurant where you're expected to buy food, stuff your face and GTFO.
They're handy if you want to meet friends but not clean your house... and you don't have to invite yourself over to theirs. I'm from Europe so I've always missed places like pubs where people go to socialize on a regular basis... Here , most people's idea of life is spending equal amounts of time at work, on a GO train and sleeping in their oversized house.