HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:29 pm 

NotHawthorny wrote:
HVS wrote:
Kevin&Amanda - thank you.

To the others, the authorities have all the details. I went public because the Liberal Party is IMO sweeping this under the carpet and I am not alone, I KNOW this. It does require someone to speak up. I am not concerned with sharing details for the sake of satisfying curiosity or armchair critics. This has been very upsetting for me and my family, for months. To suggest there is anything to gain for me personally is so ludicrous and insulting, and I think it is meant to be. It's hard not to defend myself but I'm not going to in a forum where trolling is for entertainment. I am hurting because of this, a real person behind this keyboard. I have always advocated for others, and this time I am advocating for myself. I'd ask that you show some respect please.

The fact you are now calling people "trolls/armchair criticcs" is quite frankly, rude and diminishes your credibility. I have sat on the sidelines and watched this conversation unfold, because there wasn't much to be said that others haven't. But now, after this comment, I'm going to add my $0.02. What you are encountering here is not trolling, not even close. You are being asked very simply to provide a little bit of clarity/evidence regarding your claim. I think it is responsible for people to ask for this, otherwise what do we do, believe everything we read on the internet from someone we don't know? Come on, put yourself in our shoes, are we really giving you that hard of a time? If you are so confident in your story, give them/us something that backs this up, otherwise it sounds a little far fetched to be perfectly honest. You probably are being honest here, but given the circumstances, the ask here isn't unreasonable. And if you can't handle this slight bit of scrutiny over your allegations without emotionally unraveling as you are now, perhaps you shouldn't of written a blog.

Just because it is the "norm", doesn't make it socially acceptable. Though I will agree that the ask is reasonable, the way some in this thread have gone about asking is quite accusatory and trollish. As I said before, you can be supportive of someone in a difficult situation even if you have your doubts. I know it's easy to be cynical on the internet though, because there are a lot of people who create hoaxes and the like in order to get attention. But if you honestly read through her posts, I don't think you can honestly say there is something fishy. There is honest pain in the writing. Whether or not what happened is something you'd find as traumatic doesn't matter.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:35 pm 

Devious wrote:
I'm still shaking my heads at the people (Hi Deep!) that say 'this guy is a snake' and I'm still voting for him.

Please show me where I said I was voting for him?

I'm actually still undecided. Only thing I know is that I'm not happy with Harper...

For those who think privacy issues are fine because you've got nothing to hide...

Attachments:
IMG_2897.JPG
IMG_2897.JPG [ 55.88 KiB | Viewed 1067 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:16 pm 

Kevin&Amanda wrote:
NotHawthorny wrote:
HVS wrote:

To the others, the authorities have all the details. I went public because the Liberal Party is IMO sweeping this under the carpet and I am not alone, I KNOW this. It does require someone to speak up. I am not concerned with sharing details for the sake of satisfying curiosity or armchair critics. This has been very upsetting for me and my family, for months. To suggest there is anything to gain for me personally is so ludicrous and insulting, and I think it is meant to be. It's hard not to defend myself but I'm not going to in a forum where trolling is for entertainment. I am hurting because of this, a real person behind this keyboard. I have always advocated for others, and this time I am advocating for myself. I'd ask that you show some respect please.

The fact you are now calling people "trolls/armchair criticcs" is quite frankly, rude and diminishes your credibility. I have sat on the sidelines and watched this conversation unfold, because there wasn't much to be said that others haven't. But now, after this comment, I'm going to add my $0.02. What you are encountering here is not trolling, not even close. You are being asked very simply to provide a little bit of clarity/evidence regarding your claim. I think it is responsible for people to ask for this, otherwise what do we do, believe everything we read on the internet from someone we don't know? Come on, put yourself in our shoes, are we really giving you that hard of a time? If you are so confident in your story, give them/us something that backs this up, otherwise it sounds a little far fetched to be perfectly honest. You probably are being honest here, but given the circumstances, the ask here isn't unreasonable. And if you can't handle this slight bit of scrutiny over your allegations without emotionally unraveling as you are now, perhaps you shouldn't of written a blog.

Just because it is the "norm", doesn't make it socially acceptable. Though I will agree that the ask is reasonable, the way some in this thread have gone about asking is quite accusatory and trollish. As I said before, you can be supportive of someone in a difficult situation even if you have your doubts. I know it's easy to be cynical on the internet though, because there are a lot of people who create hoaxes and the like in order to get attention. But if you honestly read through her posts, I don't think you can honestly say there is something fishy. There is honest pain in the writing. Whether or not what happened is something you'd find as traumatic doesn't matter.

Without getting into too much detail, you make good points but it is a matter of personality and individual perspective. To you its accusatory/trollish, to me its just being direct and not tip toeing around an issue. We will never convince each other differently, its just the way we are programmed. And I don't disagree with the pain, just the source. I believe "something" happened, but given the emotional instability demonstrated thus far, I am believe asking for clarity on what actually happened isn't far fetched.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:37 pm 

Deep wrote:

For those who think privacy issues are fine because you've got nothing to hide...

IMO the people within our government who look for terrorists and the like are far too busy to concern themselves with average citizens.

IMO unless you fraternize with extremists, Google bomb making techniques and communicate with Syrian / Iraq email addresses then I think you can relax. Fact is, unlike the USA, in Canada there are no laws that protect us from entrapment by police, RCMP, or any other clandestine government organizations.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:55 pm 

Halton Home Inspector wrote:
Deep wrote:
IMO unless you fraternize with extremists, Google bomb making techniques and communicate with Syrian / Iraq email addresses then I think you can relax. Fact is, unlike the USA, in Canada there are no laws that protect us from entrapment by police, RCMP, or any other clandestine government organizations.

Lol, yeah that's the only time the government ever goes after citizens. Plus you're really confident in their ability to keep all of that information they've collected about you, secure?

We most certainly do have laws against entrapment. Entrapment forms a part of common law tradition. It may not look exactly like US law but that doesn't mean we don't have such protection. Even in the US, entrapment laws can vary from state to state.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:48 pm 

Halton Home Inspector wrote:
IMO the people within our government who look for terrorists and the like are far too busy to concern themselves with average citizens.

By that logic, you'd have no problem if Canada Post opened and reviewed your mail? Just to make sure you're not doing anything illegal?

You'd be okay if swat teams randomly went through your home looking for incriminating evidence? I mean you have nothing to hide so it's okay right?

You'd be happy to submit to body cavity searches just to make sure no drugs are in your rectum, correct? I mean you know there's nothing but crap up there so no worries.

The thing is, if you could trust the people with access to your information to do no wrong, that would be one thing but I've watched enough spy flicks to be just a little worried. You should be just a little worried too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:01 pm 

NotHawthorny wrote:
Without getting into too much detail, you make good points but it is a matter of personality and individual perspective. To you its accusatory/trollish, to me its just being direct and not tip toeing around an issue. We will never convince each other differently, its just the way we are programmed. And I don't disagree with the pain, just the source. I believe "something" happened, but given the emotional instability demonstrated thus far, I am believe asking for clarity on what actually happened isn't far fetched.

The thing about being a woman feeling attacked by a man, especially a man who may have some measure of power and then factor in a cultural gap where you perceive that the man views the woman as 'less' in worth or value - I think some emotional trauma and hence instability is to be expected. Could she be more clear in her narrative? Absolutely. However is she reacting from a place of fear and uncertainty? Probably.

You're a big guy NotHawthorny and I imagine that it would take a lot to intimidate you. Perhaps consider her life experience has been the opposite of yours. If she doesn't give supporting details, we are free to ignore the claims she makes. But the way people have pressured and badgered her to ante up what must be painful for her, is almost as bad as what she may have gone through already. That is a form of harrassment and in fairness to her, she didn't come on here with her claims. Someone else brought it to us, and then she stepped in to defend her name when things were getting heated.

We can afford a little compassion.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:26 pm 

HVS wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:30 pm 

Annie wrote:
By that logic, you'd have no problem if Canada Post opened and reviewed your mail? Just to make sure you're not doing anything illegal?

You'd be okay if swat teams randomly went through your home looking for incriminating evidence? I mean you have nothing to hide so it's okay right?

You'd be happy to submit to body cavity searches just to make sure no drugs are in your rectum, correct? I mean you know there's nothing but crap up there so no worries.

The thing is, if you could trust the people with access to your information to do no wrong, that would be one thing but I've watched enough spy flicks to be just a little worried. You should be just a little worried too.

Annie. I'm sure you realize that this strand of paranoid illogic is the same one that NRA nutjobs use to shepherd their cause, don't you? "THE GUBMENTS COMIN TO GIT DA GUNS!" You trust our Coppers to be the keepers of the guns, don't you? Why not trust them with national security issues?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:50 pm 

B&T402 wrote:
Annie. I'm sure you realize that this strand of paranoid illogic is the same one that NRA nutjobs use to shepherd their cause, don't you? "THE GUBMENTS COMIN TO GIT DA GUNS!" You trust our Coppers to be the keepers of the guns, don't you? Why not trust them with national security issues?

I don't understand your analogy. Can you explain what you mean further? Not the last two questions but everything before that. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:24 pm 

[/quote]The thing about being a woman feeling attacked by a man, especially a man who may have some measure of power and then factor in a cultural gap where you perceive that the man views the woman as 'less' in worth or value - I think some emotional trauma and hence instability is to be expected. Could she be more clear in her narrative? Absolutely. However is she reacting from a place of fear and uncertainty? Probably.

You're a big guy NotHawthorny and I imagine that it would take a lot to intimidate you. Perhaps consider her life experience has been the opposite of yours. If she doesn't give supporting details, we are free to ignore the claims she makes. But the way people have pressured and badgered her to ante up what must be painful for her, is almost as bad as what she may have gone through already. That is a form of harrassment and in fairness to her, she didn't come on here with her claims. Someone else brought it to us, and then she stepped in to defend her name when things were getting heated.

We can afford a little compassion.[/quote]

Agreed that she didn't come to this particular website to make her claims- but she made her claims online. Nothing is private anymore, and by doing so she does open herself up to some scrutiny. I really hope that she is ok and that she will be able to move on from whatever experience she had. However at the end of the day, she has expressed serious allegations against this candidate without really saying anything at all. To say you feel harassed is one thing, to give an example of that harassment would be helpful. I think the reason so many people are digging for more information is because they truly want an understanding of who this candidate is. That isn't to say people don't support her, or don't feel empathy for her. It's an awkward situation in that this person has the potential of winning in our riding- and many people-I believe- are voting strategically against Harper. People want to know precisely who it is they're voting for- which is why there's such a push for more details. I do hope that the Liberal Party looks into her complaints.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:13 pm 

As soon as I heard this guy was associated with minmaxx I instantly knew he'd be a dick. And what do you know...I was right!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:06 pm 

B&T402 wrote:
Annie wrote:

I'm with the looney lefties on this one. Generally speaking, these anti-terror laws are fine and dandy for doing what they are intended for - helping round up terrorists. But cops and prosecutors can never seem to resist throwing these laws at people who really weren't intended for just because they can, and then you're stuck with some guy who pisses a cop off at a protest being locked up for years because they charged him with inciting terror or something totally outlandish.

I'm all for catching bad guys, but the reality is that terror attacks are exceptionally rare, and the old laws gave cops all the tools they needed. 9/11 was the worst example, and all they needed to do to prevent it was lock cockpit doors and tell the CIA to be more diligent about following up on terror reports. Simple responses. The patriot act was completely unnecessary, as is bill C-51. This stuff is all made by politicians who feel they need to constantly be seen to be doing more on the subject.

What I don't get, at all, is how people will freak out over the subject, yet carry around a device that logs their every conversation, movement, and association for the government to see at any time they so choose. Nobody cares. All the government has to do is pull this stuff up directly from the companies hosting these services, or seize your phone, and there's enough information there for them to piece together almost everything you've ever done wrong.

I have never met one single person who thinks this is concerning enough that they would vote the matter. But Stephen Harper passes a law that lets the government do all sorts of things it probably never will do, and the sh*t hits the fan.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:58 am 

I have kept my blog updated and everyone who needs to know more does. I realize some of you are asking for more details to 'verify' the situation. I'm not asking you to believe me. this has happened to me, it has been upsetting, reporting it publicly is about speaking out. I think anyone being harassed, intimidated, harmed needs to speak out publicly. not to be tried in a court of public opinion, but simply to alert the appropriate powers that be to investigate the situation.

that is the goal. not to convince anyone of what happened. I don't need to do that, there are witnesses and the authorities have this information.

unfortunately we are in the middle of a fierce and long election. I expect to hear more following the election when the parties return to business as usual. no matter who wins, this isn't about politics. it is about standing up against behaviour that is hurtful and wrong. especially when carried out by someone who should be trustworthy, in a position of authority. I certainly would not have reported this anywhere if it were not serious.

we are all neighbours at the end of the day, so best wishes to you all.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:18 am 

HVS, can you or did you not go to the police about this? (sorry I didn't read everything on here or your blog) Can you not press charges against him? This guy is a sleeze and needs to be held accountable, especially if what you say is true.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next