HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:10 pm 

+ 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:07 am 

Bob Lee Swagger wrote:
I don't mind paying my fair share as long as those services are there for me to use. I will never use the town bus, but I could if I wanted to, so I have no argument.
What I have a hard time with, is paying for basic services that are not even offered to me, that I now have to pay twice for. Like septic and water.

Cost of my septic tank replacement is app. $20,000-$30,000
Average life of system: 20-30 years
Cleaning of tank every 2-3 years $300

So every 25 years I would have to pay $34,500 more then someone who is on town water and sewer ($1380.00 a year).

You do realize that 50% of your costs are pure profit to installer right? The actual cost of a septic system is far less, and depending of type of septic system.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:49 am 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
Bob Lee Swagger wrote:
I don't mind paying my fair share as long as those services are there for me to use. I will never use the town bus, but I could if I wanted to, so I have no argument.
What I have a hard time with, is paying for basic services that are not even offered to me, that I now have to pay twice for. Like septic and water.

So every 25 years I would have to pay $34,500 more then someone who is on town water and sewer ($1380.00 a year).

You do realize that 50% of your costs are pure profit to installer right? The actual cost of a septic system is far less, and depending of type of septic system.

You do realize that this is not a DIY job with a shovel. I don't know of any company that would want to work with sh*t all day to NOT make a Profit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:51 am 

Bob Lee Swagger wrote:
Mr.Peppermint wrote:
Bob Lee Swagger wrote:

You do realize that this is not a DIY job with a shovel. I don't know of any company that would want to work with sh*t all day to NOT make a Profit.

Sounds like being a moderator of this forum.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:34 pm 

Hodor wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Sounds like being a moderator of this forum.
Do you mean, like, having to put up with you? hehehehehehe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:05 pm 

Bob Lee Swagger wrote:

Your complaint was that town gouged you since you paid so much for septic
But you are ok with septic company gouging you instead?

There are cheaper septic alternatives anyways, even with exorbitant profits to installers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:51 pm 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
There are cheaper septic alternatives anyways, even with exorbitant profits to installers

Really Mr Peppermint please elaborate on cheaper septic alternatives? I really would like to hear this one

Mr.Peppermint wrote:

Mr Peppermint I guess you don't know that one does not have the freedom of hiring any company to install your septic bed. Halton region has a list of approved companies that can do this for you. You are not allow to DIY.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:38 pm 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
Bob Lee Swagger wrote:

The only one gouging me is the town.
I have yet to replace my septic but it is 20 years old and I know it is coming.
I was only stating what the cost of a new septic system would be.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:50 am 

Bob Lee Swagger wrote:
Mr.Peppermint wrote:
Bob Lee Swagger wrote:

The only one gouging me is the town.
I have yet to replace my septic but it is 20 years old and I know it is coming.
I was only stating what the cost of a new septic system would be.

The subject of water, sewers and septic is a total red herring that has NOTHING to do with this thread topic, since it has NOTHING to do with the Town.

Rant at the Region of Halton on another thread if you wish.

Do you blame the Town for the HST too?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:00 pm 

Tinfoil wrote:
The subject of water, sewers and septic is a total red herring that has NOTHING to do with this thread topic, since it has NOTHING to do with the Town.

No, but I do blame the town for allowing so many new homes to be built and expect Rural to cover some cost. Its always the new residents who complain about the residents that were here before them.

I am aware of the water and sewer issues. Thanks.
Peppermint was under the impression that I was pissed because I was gauged when I had my septic replaced, which wasn't the case.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:22 pm 

Bob Lee Swagger wrote:
Tinfoil wrote:

No, but I do blame the town for allowing so many new homes to be built and expect Rural to cover some cost. Its always the new residents who complain about the residents that were here before them.

I am aware of the water and sewer issues. Thanks.
Peppermint was under the impression that I was pissed because I was gauged when I had my septic replaced, which wasn't the case.

What new residents are blaming rural residents for anything? Aside from having a grade school "I was here first" mentality, I can't think of anything to complain about.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:03 pm 

Since when has rural covered the cost of services outside of Rural for urban? You continue to ignore the fact that it costs more per capita (and more than the taxes rural pays) to provide rural with the services they receive. Never mind the ones they don't get.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:34 pm 

[quote="MiltonBorn"]I think your mirror sees the same. I see the Liberal government is asking Ontarians to donate their tax refunds back to them to help bring down the debt. I guess Hodor and Burrcold will be donating theirs as an investment for their future comfort.[/quote]

The governments have been asking you to donate your refund to the debt since 1981 (a Bill Davis Tory government if I recall)....it has been on page 4 of your income tax return all these years. Nothing new.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:24 pm 

I was ready to see this as absurd, but I can see the value in this.

Quote:
Rural Milton transit pilot unanimously approved

http://m.insidehalton.com/news-story/71 ... y-approved

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10