HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:47 am 

Find a skunk or raccoon sanctuary and switch tactics to she is endangering the animals.
They got some crazy passionate people that would likely tackle the problem. I'd expect they have established a process to deal with this.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:02 am 

Hodor wrote:
You need to move.

I don't agree with you. There's no way in hell that I would be bullied out of my home because of some ignorant and filthy ***holes. This is Canada and there are laws and bylaws that we, as a civilized nation, must all adhere to. My guess is that these uncouth individuals have been able to get away with their unacceptable behavior because no one has had the balls to actually take legal action against them. Either that, or the poster and his ex-neighbor aren't aware of their rights and believe that they have no option but to either move or put up with them, as you suggest.

Having a lawyer send these uncivilized creatures a letter of warning, to be followed by a law suit, is way cheaper than all the related costs to moving. I'm very old school and I believe in standing up for my rights and not being bullied or pushed around by anyone. As I said before, this is Canada, not some 3rd world cesspool where it's normal and acceptable for people to urinate and defecate on the streets. If they want to live among a civilized society then they have to adhere to our laws and expectation of common decency.

Last edited by All Star on Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:06 am 

All Star wrote:
Hodor wrote:
You need to move.

I don't agree with you. There's no way in hell that I would be bullied out of my home because of some ignorant and filthy **holes. This is Canada and there are laws and bylaws that we, as a civilized nation, must all adhere to. My guess is that these uncouth individuals have been able to get away with their unacceptable behavior because no one has had the balls to actually take legal action against them. Either that, or the poster and his ex-neighbor aren't aware of their rights and believe that they have no option but to either move or put up with them, as you suggest.

Having a lawyer send these uncivilized creatures a letter of warning, to be followed by a law suit, is way cheaper than all the related costs to moving. I'm very old school and I believe in standing up for my rights and not being bullied or pushed around by anyone. As I said before, this is Canada, not some 3rd world cesspool where it's normal and acceptable for people to urinate and defecate on the streets. If they want to live among a civilized society then they have to adhere to our laws and expectation of common decency.

though i agree with you about not being bullied and all your other points, i don't believe a lawyer letter would do anything or for that matter a lawyer would even draft a letter. there is no criminal, civil laws being broken i don't believe.

i would still try and shoot a skunk with a water gun in hopes it triggers the smell. maybe fight fire with fire. start dumping waste on their front lawn at night? they shouldn't mind. least it's moving the animals from the backyard around you to their front yard away from you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:19 am 

Denti: Yes, he can certainly take legal action under the Provincial Offences Act. Please refer to:

"The Ontario Court of Justice hears virtually all provincial offence matters as well as offences against municipal by-laws. Examples of such cases include:
•Highway Traffic Act charges such as speeding or traffic violations;
•Municipal by-law charges relating to excessive noise, animal control, or garbage disposal; and
•Charges laid under provincial legislation such as the Environmental Protection Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Dog Owners’ Liability Act or the Trespass to Property Act.

Under a Memorandum of Understanding, municipalities administer courts where most provincial offence cases are tried, and also prosecute many of these cases on behalf of the Ministry of the Attorney General. If you have questions about court services or accessibility, contact the municipal offices shown on your ticket or summons."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:48 am 

^^^^^
thank you for the clarification. I did not know by-laws were included. learnt something new today :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:40 pm 

All Star wrote:
Hodor wrote:
You need to move.

I don't agree with you. There's no way in hell that I would be bullied out of my home because of some ignorant and filthy **holes. This is Canada and there are laws and bylaws that we, as a civilized nation, must all adhere to. My guess is that these uncouth individuals have been able to get away with their unacceptable behavior because no one has had the balls to actually take legal action against them. Either that, or the poster and his ex-neighbor aren't aware of their rights and believe that they have no option but to either move or put up with them, as you suggest.

I totally get what youre saying - civilized people like you and I would sh*t themselves over a lawyers letter or bylaw notice or whatever. But these people are just f***.

And once you stop them from doing this one particular act, they'll only start doing other mysterious dumbass things. I've seen this sort of crap before, and eventually, the good people just move away.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:41 pm 

craiggerz wrote:
Hodor wrote:
I'm not sure we are hearing the whole story.

You really are, they seem to be horrible or at the very least ignorant people. On top of the animals, they don't take care of their yard, lights on 24/7, and to boot they painted their side of the fence at one point without care of the other side... which is especially brilliant when their fence only extends across half of your fence **clap clap clap**.

Lights on 24/7 says it all. And I bet it's some kind of horrible bleached white fluorescent light too. Savages.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:02 am 

Contact the Town bylaw dept and inform them about the situation and express your concern about their behavior attracting coyotes. Use phrases like 'endangering children and pets', 'hold the town responsible', 'liability', and 'lawyer'.

I had an issue with a neighbor not dealing with a dead tree on his land near my property line. After no luck with the owner, I called the town twice with no luck.

The THIRD time I called the town, I used the tactic of stressing the TOWN's liability if nothing was done to prevent an unfortunate occurrence now that they were aware of it.

The tree was removed the next day.