HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:11 am 

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/0 ... t-car.html

this mother should be put the same car for a few hours to see how it feels.... no excuse or no reason for this kinda crap

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:01 am 

^^ Agree. I literally get sick to my stomach everytime I read yet again about one of these incidents. There are far too many irresponsible and cruel parents that have no business even having children and in my opinion should be legally stopped from reproducing.

I know that some reading this are going to be quick in calling me a Nazi or whatever, but I stand firm in my belief that certain individuals deserve to be medically sterilized and not just given a pass or a slap on the wrist from the legal system, which is a total joke.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:18 pm 

I wonder if anyone recorded the incident. Would be nice to see who this mom is, and hopefully someone can recognize and shame her. I can't think of a good reason why you would leave your kids in a hot car, and if there is a good reason, at least don't be a cheap-ass, and run the AC.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:28 pm 

Definitely not a choice I would make but one of the kids was 12. Dubious parenting for sure but I don't think forcibly sterilizing the mother would be the best solution in this case.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:46 am 

Sitting in the car at seven pm with windows partially down wasn't life threatening, but still cruel in this condition which some local radio host insist to call as gorgeous summer. I wouldn't call for castration of these local radio hosts, but to put them in the same car. But maybe this focker mother is one of those hosts?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:00 am 

kf095 wrote:
Sitting in the car at seven pm with windows partially down wasn't life threatening, but still cruel in this condition which some local radio host insist to call as gorgeous summer. I wouldn't call for castration of these local radio hosts, but to put them in the same car. But maybe this focker mother is one of those hosts?

Ummm the youngest child was found "asleep and sweating profusely". I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it wasn't life threatening.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:52 am 

The girl in the car in the parking lot says man you should try to take a shot; can't you see my walls are crumblin'?

Y'all are really experts on this shittily-written article that lacks details and context huh? "Forcible castration?" You people are pretty messed up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:04 am 

Hodor wrote:
Y'all are really experts on this shittily-written article that lacks details and context huh? "Forcible castration?" You people are pretty messed up.

What other details and context do you need? Their mother is grossly irresponsible and guilty of child endangerment and should be charged as such. End of story. As usual, when you have nothing intelligent to add to the discussion you resort to making derogatory remarks. You are so predictable.

The article(s) written were not "shittily-written" as you state:
"Halton Region police say they were called at about 6:45 p.m. after someone noticed the children aged between 4 and 12 in the car as it sat in full sunlight in an “expectant mother” parking space.

It was 32 degrees Celsius outside at the time, although the humidity made it feel warmer.

Police say the car had its engine turned off and all four windows were opened about seven centimetres.

Officers persuaded the oldest child to unlock a door to get some air flowing through the car and say the youngest appeared to be sleeping but was sweating profusely."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:23 pm 

Burrcold wrote:
....youngest child was ....asleep...

May be youngest one was sleeping before stop and it might be the reason to leave all three in the car. But not for too long.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:28 pm 

kf095 wrote:
Burrcold wrote:
....youngest child was ....asleep...

May be youngest one was sleeping before stop and it might be the reason to leave all three in the car. But not for too long.

Yeah because that sounds responsible. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:10 pm 

If there was only the 12 year old child left, it it OK?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:52 pm 

Carl wrote:
If there was only the 12 year old child left, it it OK?

OK is subjective. A 12 year old at least knows to get out if they feel hot. A kid strapped into a car seat has no option.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:41 pm 

my question is if someone spot a 12 year old in a car with windows down, will someone report it to authorities? What can happen even the authorities come over? Does it matter?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:38 am 

Carl wrote:
my question is if someone spot a 12 year old in a car with windows down, will someone report it to authorities? What can happen even the authorities come over? Does it matter?

Obviously it depends - on how hot the car is, on how long the child is left in the car, where the car is, etc. Sometimes even with the windows open the inside of a car can be very hot. It's all about the heat.

On the other hand a 12 year old can always get out of the car and wait outside but then again, IMO a parent should not put a child in that situation.

I can see it now - "Hey sweetie, I'm going shopping now, just wait in the car and if it gets too hot just get out and wander around the parking lot." :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:16 pm 

Is 12 years old legal babysitting age? Maybe this 12 year old has taken the babysitting course, and is legally able to care for her/his siblings. If so then wouldn't this be just like leaving the 3 younger children in the car with an adult. I am sure if the car got too hot the 12 year old would have taken her/his siblings out of the car. As for sweating while many small children sweat while sleeping, it not nessarly from the hot car. Not saying it is or isn't just that we do not know.

I think publicly shaming this women would be wrong