HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Fence craziness
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:09 pm 

Ms President wrote:
DRiFT_645 wrote:
That will only work if you install the fence on your property (not on the property line).

If there is only one person paying for the fence. I would advise the install of the fence be 6 inches away from the property line. Putting it right on the property line would give that neighbor rights to the fence.

You do an awesome job pretending to know what you're talking about. Tell us - do you actually know anyone who painted and/or installed their fence as you describe? How did that all turn out? Did your pal(s) achieve a full justice-boner? Did they end up getting money from the freeloading jerks?

What is the endgame of your asinine suggestions of revenge and punishment? I'm listening...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:16 pm 

You don't want to pay? I'm writing a swear word on my fence facing your property. Cheap Canadian BS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:31 pm 

Cant you just put the "finished" side facing you, and the "framing" side facing them? Not all fencing has to be that common staggered 1x4 we all have for some reason. Fencing exists that is nice on one side only.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:34 pm 

That is what Can-Do did. They lowered our cost by $2 a for by not finishing her side. And of course she does not have a gate.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:58 pm 

LOL, you should have put a gate into her yard with a lock on your side only. If she adds a lock to her side, ask her to remove if from your fence.
Just open the gate once in a while and stare at the house.
If she stares back, start tossing handfulls of imaginary seeds on her lawn.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:02 am 

Hodor wrote:
Ms President wrote:
DRiFT_645 wrote:
That will only work if you install the fence on your property (not on the property line).

If there is only one person paying for the fence. I would advise the install of the fence be 6 inches away from the property line. Putting it right on the property line would give that neighbor rights to the fence.

You do an awesome job pretending to know what you're talking about. Tell us - do you actually know anyone who painted and/or installed their fence as you describe? How did that all turn out? Did your pal(s) achieve a full justice-boner? Did they end up getting money from the freeloading jerks?

What is the endgame of your asinine suggestions of revenge and punishment? I'm listening...

You have quoted two people with your inquiry. Not sure which questions are directed to whom you've quoted.
I will make this brief as I am kind of busy this morning.
Any time you make any additions to your home and the neighbor adjacent to you is not part of your project (in this case the fence). It is best advised to place your fence, concrete or any other permanent fixture approx (and I stress APPROXIMATELY) 6 inches from the property line. This will ensure that the current neighbor or future neighbors will never challenge the placement of your personal property.
If the neighbor was in agreement to pay for the fence, then it would be acceptable to place it directly on the property line as this would be a joint decision between homeowners who have chosen to pay for and maintain that specific structure.
And yes, I have seen many cases of people who have built their fence away from the property line. You would be surprised to know some of the creative ways these people 'decorated" the side of the fence facing the neighbor who did not want to pay.

Someone also commented that regardless if the fence is built on the property line, the neighbor can still paint it. The neighbor can paint it but the actual homeowner that the fence is located on can challenge that in court if they want to be a prick. They have every right to file a case against, damage of personal property and trespassing. (but I dont have time to get into that one and that would be for people who have money to burn in filing a law suit of that nature.)

Have a good day !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:49 am 

Okay. You spend a lot of time writing letters to me that I don't really read.

Sorry for everything that has happened to you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:15 am 

Hodor wrote:
Okay. You spend a lot of time writing letters to me that I don't really read.

Sorry for everything that has happened to you.

Ya ok, lol....you were the one who asked the questions remember?
That is your typical response when you've been schooled.

You want to come off as aggressive and attack me for my responses. Pretty much telling me I'm stupid. You kind of deserve to be put back in your place every once in a while.

For whatever reason, you have a shitty attitude on this site. Somehow, I affect you. Each and every time I submit a comment. I know you will quote and comment negative. You've acquired a poor reputation from where I stand. Try being a good guy for once.

I'm cool with you disagreeing with everything I say. I respect your opinion. You just dont need to be a douche with your approach.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:20 am 

What are you up to this weekend?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:20 am 

:arrow: ^^ Wise King Solomon would expect the fence to be on the property line and if the neighbours argued about it the king would threaten to cut the fence in half with his giant sword. Then he would award the fence to the first neighbour to protest this pending destruction of the fence, BUT if a neighbour did not pay his share of the fence then the king would take his sword to that neighbour. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:34 am 

Hodor wrote:
What are you up to this weekend?

I'm flying to NYC for a meeting. Should free time become available, I may do some shopping and I would love to take advantage of attending public events for fashion week.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:26 pm 

I organized 20 houses last summer and it was a pain, took me 3 months and people didn't really give a sh*t.
Few home owners were awesome to arrange stuff with, but others you had to hunt down.
Overall not an experience I want to go through again.

Maybe some day builders will include fencing in house cost, but I'm not holding my breath.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:19 pm 

M4rtin wrote:
I organized 20 houses last summer and it was a pain, took me 3 months and people didn't really give a sh*t.
Few home owners were awesome to arrange stuff with, but others you had to hunt down.

I only had to deal with 16 homes.. One person was completely recluse; drive into his garage, does not answer the door when you knock, and 4 people were moving and refuse to pay.

I am surprised no one has ideas other then relying on the builder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:00 pm 

I really had no issues organizing my fence and I alone had 5 neighbours to deal with siding on to me. I had more issues with the fence builder. Not with the quality, but the fact they offered to install a mid bar at no cost. Our yard is large and we were planning on installing a pool. That mid bar had to moved on all my neighbours fences so I could get a pool permit. Thankfully my neighbours were kind enough to let us adjust the fence and move the mid bar to the minimum height of 5'.

Mind you our street is pretty good. We've had 3 street parties this year, and next one is coming up in October...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:38 pm 

Does anyone have experience going to small claims regarding the shared fence cost?