HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:23 pm 

martin prince wrote:
What a joke. If I were a deplorable down there I 'd be ready to take to the streets to protest.

He's not even taken office yet and he's already backtracked on the wall, the Muslim ban, the full repeal of Omabacare, and the prosecuting of Hillary. He's also filling his staff with old establishment types.

He's breaking all his core promises that got him elected literally the day after the election.

What. A. Con. Job.

Exactly. I saw a Daily Show episode of Trumps Victory Speech Tour where he talked about using the phrase "drain the swamp" and how it played well so he used it again and got more cheers and then used it all the time. He was literally telling his supporters he played them and they were oblivious. He also said about investigating Hillary that that "played" well before the election but not so much now. Trump supporters have been played and most of them don't even know it. What. A. Con. Job.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:27 am 

Well, this is working out just great...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:36 am 

Ordinarily it's like pulling teeth to get a politician to live up to the BS that got them elected. I wish the US had the same problem we do, looks like we got a problem going.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:41 am 

B&T402 wrote:
Ordinarily it's like pulling teeth to get a politician to live up to the BS that got them elected. I wish the US had the same problem we do, looks like we got a problem going.

Heh, it's one thing to do what you're going to say you're gonna do - it's another to do so without any indication of planning or a coherent thought process.

Does government move too slow? You betcha. But does this mean the better way is to just insta-activate broad, sweeping policies that will negatively affect innocent bystanders? I don't think so.

It's all so crazy, so interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:33 am 

Hodor wrote:
B&T402 wrote:

Heh, it's one thing to do what you're going to say you're gonna do - it's another to do so without any indication of planning or a coherent thought process.

Does government move too slow? You betcha. But does this mean the better way is to just insta-activate broad, sweeping policies that will negatively affect innocent bystanders? I don't think so.

It's all so crazy, so interesting.

Just spotted this. I think we're about to find out how well the US Constitution works to impeach a President. It's what that feature exists for, this level of insanity and breach of safety - he has arguably just gotten people killed already, albeit not American citizens, but as we know this stuff is contagious.

On good plus for Canada: we have probably seen the end of the crazy right in our present cast of politicians, bu-bye Kellie Lietch.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:31 pm 

In Canada we have tool on the left, who it as stupid, ignorant and not capable as Trump on the right is. And supported by brainwashed lefties in the same blind and prejudge matter as American left and right is.
I was listening to Kellie Leitch on 640AM. All she was saying was about interviewing of immigrants before they get their POVL. I went through it in 2003, but it is next to abolished now and it shouldn't be.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:43 pm 

kf095 wrote:
In Canada we have tool on the left, who it as stupid, ignorant and not capable as Trump on the right is. And supported by brainwashed lefties in the same blind and prejudge matter as American left and right is.
I was listening to Kellie Leitch on 640AM. All she was saying was about interviewing of immigrants before they get their POVL. I went through it in 2003, but it is next to abolished now and it shouldn't be.

Did I understand you correctly? Would you rather have Donald Trump as Prime Minister than Justin Trudeau?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:54 pm 

Hodor wrote:
Did I understand you correctly? Would you rather have Donald Trump as Prime Minister than Justin Trudeau?

No, you don't understand me correctly. We are in double trouble in Canada. Trump is the idiot on the right and Trudeau is the idiot on the left. I'd rather have normal person as PM. Like Harper or Chretien.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:41 am 

B&T402 wrote:
On good plus for Canada: we have probably seen the end of the crazy right in our present cast of politicians, bu-bye Kellie Lietch.

Look what is happening in Quebec
Hard right

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:43 am 

Hodor wrote:

I think it is safe to say Trudeau will be the larger of these 2 impending disasters
We are all going to suffer for years because of idiots who voted

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:19 am 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
Hodor wrote:

I think it is safe to say Trudeau will be the larger of these 2 impending disasters

Hahaha. No way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:44 pm 

This +++1000. Damnit this isn't facebook and I can't like it.

All kinda people said he would moderate when he won. He has not
All kinda people said it was all talk, and when he won he would have smart people surrounding him advising him. I just don't see it.

They claim that the media is spinning the "Muslim Ban" and the outcry is because of lying democrats. That Obama built this list, not him, and he is just doing what he said he would do.

My two biggest issues when the Executive order came out was that people that had green cards were told they cannot return and that people with dual citizenship (one being one of the 7 countries impacted) cannot enter. These just didn't make any sense and yet, he had his people out there confirming they would be blocked. Green card holders?! I mean, if they aren't vetted, then you are screwed. These two situations have since been corrected, but where are the smart people in the room saying, ya know Donald, these two situations we are going to have a problem, and we should get aligned and come up with a solution. It just defy's logic to sign the order without having an organized vetted plan. It scares the crap out of me what comes next without due thought. I really like smart people and he claims he has all kinds of them, but while smart, it doesn't appear like he is well thought out so far. Either that, or any talk back to him, and he'll fire you. Sorry AG.

If he was the mayor of milton, looking to shake stuff up, great. But he is the commander in chief of the worlds biggest superpower and you should just expect more rational thought and process in that case.

Hodor wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:07 pm 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
Hodor wrote:

You cra cra homey!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:13 pm 

The limit of Trudeau's damage will be financial and contained domestically. The ideological pillow-fights that we typically have up here have much lower stakes, do not start wars or get innocent people killed.

The raging dumpster fire Trump's got going down there could have global impacts, and not just financial. We're screwed!! Impeachment proceedings starting..... now!

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
B&T402 wrote:

Look what is happening in Quebec
Hard right

Yeah, i read that article too. The brand of rootin' tootin' Wild Rose Rebel Media politics this Leitch woman is talking is what I meant. She's taking her signals from Trumpism as much as the West, it's embarrassing she's from Ontario. Her party should bowl her out the back door before they start to really look like fools.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:18 pm 

Why will everyone be stoned?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next