HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:47 pm 

I am a big foodie . Kindy recommend the best Restaurant in Milton where you have been and have had the food .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:20 am 

You'll find more options using the search function old posts but here are my top faves in town only:

1. Vietnamese - Pho Miltom
2. Shawarma - Hood and Grill (best shawarma meat, but he is cheap on wrap fillings and there is little selection of vegetables, but he makes his own hot sauce, dressing and hummus)
3. Shawarma- Shawarma Corner (so-so meat, but excellent selection of wrap fillings)
4. Sushi/Japanese - Aji Sai and Oshima sushi for all you can eat, and Sushi Ya for an a la carte place
5. Louie's Diner - For a mom n pops grease spoon and breakfast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:28 am 

Unfortunately you are in the wrong town to be a foodie. We have Italian, Sushi and the traditional chain restaurants like East Side Marios, Boston Pizza and Turtle Jacks. Your best options for fine dining are Pasqualino's and Marquee Steakhouse.

If you want to venture down to Bronte and Lakeshore, then you will probably like Plank.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:52 am 

Don't you just eat braaaaiiiiiinnnnssss?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:32 am 

Food truck beside the carwash on Steeles (I'm a high class guy).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:29 pm 

Pasquaino's with out a doubt, best place to eat in town. I seriously don't get Marquee, the strip mall location is awful, and is not always consistent. If a Keg came to town it would probably die on its feet.

I still find myself driving to Mississauga or Toronto for special occasions. Best bar by far is Eddieo's. Food is quite good but has a limited menu, but lots of atmosphere and great drinks.

Milton will never really thrive, people are stretched in terms of disposable income, also we have one of the largest growing Muslim communities in North America, that demo and licensed establishments is a death nell for most mainstream type restaurants. This is not a group that typically eats out a lot, add in he no alcohol thing and it makes our restaurant future quite bleak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:53 pm 

I second Pasqualino's. Their Veal Scaloppine is something I dream about often.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:30 pm 

Our favourite restaurant hands down is la Toscana (Italian) Great food, great cozy atmosphere, great personal service.

For more casual, tjs, lone star, are standard chain restaurants, but at least we have those options now, which we didn't 5 years ago

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:57 pm 

glocklover wrote:
Pasquaino's with out a doubt, best place to eat in town. I seriously don't get Marquee, the strip mall location is awful, and is not always consistent. If a Keg came to town it would probably die on its feet.

I still find myself driving to Mississauga or Toronto for special occasions. Best bar by far is Eddieo's. Food is quite good but has a limited menu, but lots of atmosphere and great drinks.

Milton will never really thrive, people are stretched in terms of disposable income, also we have one of the largest growing Muslim communities in North America, that demo and licensed establishments is a death nell for most mainstream type restaurants. This is not a group that typically eats out a lot, add in he no alcohol thing and it makes our restaurant future quite bleak

^^This. I agree with you. Most newcomers to Milton are over their heads in mortgage payments and can't afford the luxury or added expense of eating out. I believe this is also the main reason why so many of our downtown establishments have either closed down or declared bankruptcy. People in this town just wont spend any money on extras. Hence, why Milton has so many fast food joints that provide cheap food.

Do you like eating shawarmas? If not, better get used to it because those joints are springing up all over town. Also, with the changing demographics, Milton will soon become a food lover's paradise for East Indian cousine on par with sister city of Brampton. Oh what joy, what bliss!

In the meantime, you can have a very good meal either at Pasqualino's, La Toscana, or Eddieo's. They are the only 3 decent restaurants in town.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:39 pm 

All this changing demographics business - are you guys just coming up with this based on what you see or has someone seen some stats? If anyone has an article with some stats to link to, feel free.

I'm less pessimistic about our culinary choices in Milton. I've been here 8 years and in that time I've seen more big chain restaurants open every year - only a matter of time until we get a keg out here etc. I look around and see our great Italian choices are going strong if not expanding. True other restaurants have come and gone downtown - but that's the business! Same happens downtown Toronto!!

I mean - look at your "only three decent restaurants " you mention - one is basically brand new, one has recently doubled in size, and the other is going as strong as ever. So how is the scene so pathetic and getting worse again?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:56 pm 

My Muslim friends go out more than I do.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:11 pm 

Have you guys tried Splice just across the street from Pasqualino's? Food is great, so much cheaper than Pasqualino's and though it's not big, the place is still a lovely spot for a special occasion. The tables by the window overlooking Main Street are pretty cool.
They're still new enough that they go the extra mile to make sure you enjoy the experience. http://splicegrill.com/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:16 pm 

Galitos is awesome if you like spicy chicken like Nandos.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:29 pm 

HaltonPeelHomeInspection wrote:
Food truck beside the carwash on Steeles (I'm a high class guy).

I like their fries there, great place, but they are not cheap by any means despite having less overhead than a restaurant, so maybe you are high class and just dont know it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:20 pm 

Every so often I get a hankering for Halifax Donair. But the last couple times I went it wasn't as good as I remember. Has anyone had similar experiences?

Love Hood and Grill. Great Shawarma. We went to Paramount a few times but that place is a disaster. Hood and Grill is where its at. Every some often I do get a craving for Osmo's Shawarma poutine tho!