HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cap and Trade
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:35 am 

Hodor wrote:
If you're reading Rebel media and/or the Toronto Sun there is no way to have a discussion with you. Both are ridiculous tabloids with zero regard for science, facts, and reason.

Just keep your head buried in the sand.

Well i am not a denier and i am center with my political views. I look at the facts and make decisions based on the facts. So please educate me by answering these questions.

- Canada has less than 2% of the world's carbon footprint and none of the biggest emitters care, how will this plan affect climate change?
- Australia tried this same scheme a few years ago and it failed, what is better/different about this plan?
- if it is not a tax grab, why is it not revenue neutral?
- The biggest emitters in ontario will have next to nothing in costs while the lowest emitters pay the most. How is that fair?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:08 am 

ogq2 wrote:
Hodor wrote:
If you're reading Rebel media and/or the Toronto Sun there is no way to have a discussion with you. Both are ridiculous tabloids with zero regard for science, facts, and reason.

Well i am not a denier and i am center with my political views. I look at the facts and make decisions based on the facts. So please educate me by answering these questions.

- Canada has less than 2% of the world's carbon footprint and none of the biggest emitters care, how will this plan affect climate change?
- Australia tried this same scheme a few years ago and it failed, what is better/different about this plan?
- The biggest emitters in ontario will have next to nothing in costs while the lowest emitters pay the most. How is that fair?

That's easy. None of your statements disguised as questions are correct.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:20 am 

Hodor wrote:

Hodor wrote:
I hope you read them.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/comment ... icing.html

Sounds like eco-fascist. I read none of the three on them!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:19 am 

Hodor wrote:
ogq2 wrote:

Canada has less than 2% of the world's carbon footprint ,,,,

:arrow: Actually he is right about our overall emission of Co2. That's fairly common knowledge that we are less than 2%. I always thought we were at 1.6% by apparently we are at 1.71%. There is a chart here showing the offenders.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/271748/the-largest-emitters-of-co2-in-the-world

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:22 pm 

Hodor wrote:
ogq2 wrote:
Hodor wrote:

Hodor, get your head out of the left hole. Yes, there is a problem, but this is not the right plan to fix it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:48 pm 

ogq2 wrote:

Hodor, get your head out of the left hole. Yes, there is a problem, but this is not the right plan to fix it.

Exactly raising the prices/cost to run business only results in them closing their doors in Canada and opening in China. This doesn't help with the carbon footprint, just shifts it and we lose jobs. Look at all the manufacturing business we have lost, can we afford to keep losing them?

This plan may just make your Milton CN Intermodal station a larger drop of Point :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:20 pm 

I think we can all agree that Humans have changed the Earth's climate. No one is saying this cap and trade system this will "fix the problem". The damage is done, it was done by your grandfather and grandfathers, father. Now it is time to mitigate the damage done by lessening EVERYONE'S foot print on Earth.

The people of the world need to change how we affect the Earth. And as everyone know it takes intensive to change a persons mind. Obviously screaming about it hasn't worked in the last 10 years.

So what do you do? At its core, its a simple concept. You put an extra cost on the use of known items that cause damage to the the Earth.

And it doesn't matter if we are 2% or 12% of the worlds population, EVERYONE need to change.

There are some pretty scary climate models for our child if we continue on this path of doing basically nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:40 pm 

Wyl wrote:
I think we can all agree that Humans have changed the Earth's climate. No one is saying this cap and trade system this will "fix the problem". The damage is done, it was done by your grandfather and grandfathers, father. Now it is time to mitigate the damage done by lessening EVERYONE'S foot print on Earth.

The people of the world need to change how we affect the Earth. And as everyone know it takes intensive to change a persons mind. Obviously screaming about it hasn't worked in the last 10 years.

So what do you do? At its core, its a simple concept. You put an extra cost on the use of known items that cause damage to the the Earth.

And it doesn't matter if we are 2% or 12% of the worlds population, EVERYONE need to change.

There are some pretty scary climate models for our child if we continue on this path of doing basically nothing.

Nothing could be further from the truth. The North Pole has moved 400km in the last decade, and is accelerating. As this freezer changes location, so does the rest of the climate around the world.
It is a magnetic anomaly that is not affected by smelly carbon footprints. Neither Al gore or JT or you and I can ever stop it from happening. Scientists have already found evidence that the earths polarity
Flips just like our sun does. Anything to do with carbon related taxes is total b.s.
The only thing it changes is the amount of money we have in our pockets.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:49 pm 

The cutting down of forests also affects climate change. Developers move in and cut down hundreds of trees to clear land for homes. How do we stop that? They always get their way because profit always speaks louder than the changing climate on this earth.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:26 pm 

Backyard hero wrote:
The North Pole has moved 400km in the last decade, and is accelerating.

Assuming you mean magnetic north. I don't see what the magnetic poles have to do with any of this climate stuff. The other post was talking about the real poles moving (i.e. the Earth's rotational axis). That one's got a real argument - changes in mass distribution can affect that (melting polar ice, etc).

I for one look forward to a zero tilt axis. I don't like the seasons. 12C year-round is where it's at. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:38 pm 

MiltonBorn wrote:
The cutting down of forests also affects climate change. Developers move in and cut down hundreds of trees to clear land for homes. How do we stop that? They always get their way because profit always speaks louder than the changing climate on this earth.

Yes cutting down tress contributes to global warming, melting of ice, rising sea levels, blah blah.
But population grows, immigrants arrive and we all need a place to call home. The only way out is to kill
Lots and lots of people, which depending on they're occupation may not be a bad idea. 8) or integrate forestry into everything like a this cool place in Singapore IIRC. It's teeming with wildlife too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:29 pm 

Gecko wrote:
Backyard hero wrote:

Assuming you mean magnetic north. I don't see what the magnetic poles have to do with any of this climate stuff. The other post was talking about the real poles moving (i.e. the Earth's rotational axis). That one's got a real argument - changes in mass distribution can affect that (melting polar ice, etc).

I for one look forward to a zero tilt axis. I don't like the seasons. 12C year-round is where it's at. :D

Yes i meant mag north, its a theory. It just hasn't been proven yet because we never seen it before.( F.u. Al gore, I'm starting my own cult!)
:). And 16C is good for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:39 pm 

Backyard hero wrote:
Gecko wrote:
Backyard hero wrote:

Yes i meant mag north, its a theory. It just hasn't been proven yet because we never seen it before.
:). And 16C is good for me.

Whaaaaaaaat. Im good with year round summer, 28C, low humidity, and a bit cooler in the evenings. :wink: :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:13 pm 

People really need to stop believing everything they read on the internet. I sometimes wonder how many people in HV and Facebook read the National enquirer. Because quoting sh*t like rebel makes me question how you ascertain the validity of what you're reading.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:14 pm 

I'm with Backyard Hero, 16C all year round would be amazing. Maybe between 16 and 20. I hate heat and I hate cold. I love days when you could throw on shorts but also be perfectly comfortable in jeans.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next