HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Cap and Trade
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:14 pm 

Ahhh yeah... thing is, if the axial tilt actually went to zero you'll only get around 12C (maybe less) up here at 43 Deg. N. Milton. You 16C guys are going to have to drive south. But if this actually happened, temperature would be the least of our concerns. :lol:

This climate change stuff isn't enough to to make that happen, we'd need something like an asteroid or comet impact.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:55 am 

kf095 wrote:
Change? What change? The only change those liberals are able to produce is to force another tax which will be misspend as any previous tax. Driving local prices up (Cap and Trade) will not change anything for climate change. Stop been liberal blinded, look wider. Manufacturing is leaving the province, good paid jobs are leaving province already due to corrupted, insufficient, mismanaged and neglected power sector. Hydro costs were already pushing manufacturing out from the province, small stores are closing and green houses are relocating to the States.
Trudope is chicken-little who is incapable of true standing for climate change, he is re-using Butt as adviser, same jerk-face who helped Dalton Mc'Guilty with happy retirement on accepting of Samsung Wind Turbine deal without any public tender.
Driving out of manufacturing from here to USA, Mexico and China is increasing pollution amount globally. Instead of tax grab to cover disastrous and unnecessary misspending it has to be addressed globally. If product isn't manufactured with eco saving approach it must be taxed globally. As long as manufacturing killed here and relocated to Mecixo, Chindia where no crap is giving about clean manufacturing the Ecosphere is in danger. Pushing out from here local manufacturing creates more pollution, which is not climate change always, but affecting future of the planet Earth anyway.

Read this:
China to plow $361 billion into renewable fuel by 2020
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN14P06P

Where do you suppose China gets the money to invest in cleaning sh*t up? Taxes.
China is a relatively new economy compared to Canada/USA. They're expansion started much later. Canada and USA among other western countries have a head start in polluting the planet so to speak.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:19 am 

Backyard hero wrote:
Gecko wrote:
Backyard hero wrote:
The North Pole has moved 400km in the last decade, and is accelerating.

Assuming you mean magnetic north. I don't see what the magnetic poles have to do with any of this climate stuff. The other post was talking about the real poles moving (i.e. the Earth's rotational axis). That one's got a real argument - changes in mass distribution can affect that (melting polar ice, etc).

I for one look forward to a zero tilt axis. I don't like the seasons. 12C year-round is where it's at. :D

Yes i meant mag north, its a theory. It just hasn't been proven yet because we never seen it before.( F.u. Al gore, I'm starting my own cult!)
:). And 16C is good for me.

Just a few things here.

1) The Earth doesn't rotate around it's magnetic poles.
2) Al Gore has nothing to do with the scientific consensus that humans are causing global climate change. He's just a politician who made a movie.
3) There is a lot more at stake than being able to wear shorts all year. You think refugees are a problem now?

What I don't get is the disbelief in science. It's what - 97% of the world's top minds all agree that humans are causing a warming of the planet? This is a massive problem, poised to cost trillions of dollars to fix as well as the associated issues with feeding people/etc.
If you could prove that humans aren't causing this problem, you'd be a global hero! Are these deniers trying to tell me that all of these experts are all just cash-strapped nerds with stock in solar panels and electric cars? The incentive is actually already there to say "hey look! It's NOT us!" and concentrate efforts on other solutions rather than cutting emissions.

It makes no sense, but then again I don't read the Sun or Rebel tabloids.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:49 pm 

im not disagreeing with you, all im saying is its to early to close the case. we might not be the biggest culprits in this cash factory of a problem.
and yes i realize now that mag north has no direct influence on geo north.....or does it?

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... lVOHsJe5uA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:26 pm 

Backyard hero wrote:
im not disagreeing with you, all im saying is its to early to close the case. we might not be the biggest culprits in this cash factory of a problem.
and yes i realize now that mag north has no direct influence on geo north.....or does it?

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... lVOHsJe5uA

I'll just this right here for you to read...

https://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/featu ... ersal.html

Edit... One of 20, vs. your 1 of three articles I could find. We all going to find blogs, posts and articles to support our claims.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:16 pm 

NASA is known for hiding UFO evidence and air brushing alien structures out of their pics
If you want to take them at face value go ahead, I won't. Nor will I believe 90% of the news because it's owned by the same 6 corporations. According to the mainstream media Hillary was set to win according to their polls, and waaaa happen?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:56 pm 

Halton Home Inspector wrote:
Mr.Peppermint wrote:

Like the ones that get rid of ancient technology for semi-modern stuff?

No. It was the rebate where people buying a new AC where given about four hundred dollars to buy a 14 seer AC instead of a 13 seer AC. It was not a rebate to replace a clunker. People laughed their way to the bank at the provinces expense. Instead it would have been much better, more efficient, and cost the province much less money if the province simply prohibited the sale of 13 seer AC's just like what was done with furnace efficiency requirements. It was a total waste of tens of millions of dollars.

Tens of millions?
You think that many people (25,000 per 10 million, so in plural example then 50,000+ people) wasted time upgrading a 13 seer to a 14 seer?
Sounds like the same whine about rich people benefiting from kids sports and arts credits lol

You do realize even if true (very doubtful) by installing that many A/C units in such a short period of time not only has government improved efficiency but basically put people to work instead of leaving them on welfare

No comment about the Acid Rain proving that cap & trade works?
Notice you just skipped right over that part

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:17 pm 

I hope he doesn't use such hyperbole and made-up statistical information on his house reports!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:09 pm 

Hodor wrote:
I hope he doesn't use such hyperbole and made-up statistical information on his house reports!

Of course not :) Hopefully you also do your job well but thanks for asking.

:arrow: My home inspection online PDF reports and new home warranty inspection reports are actually quite well known for being very accurate. The reports even include photos and code references with the comments and I always support clients when getting the repairs or improvements done because I stand by my work. In fact, I just got this email from a client who after 10 months, still did not have the right furnace in his brand new home. I was so glad I could help.

Quote:
Hi Andy,

I just wanted to thank you very much for contacting the Warranty department at Mattamy. They replaced my furnace today with a 40,000 BTU unit. The home feels much better now. Thank you again Andy for going the extra mile!

Syed M.

:) :wink:

Last edited by Halton Home Inspector on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:24 pm 

Hodor wrote:
ogq2 wrote:

Canada has less than 2% of the world's carbon footprint ,,,,

That's easy. None of your statements disguised as questions are correct.

:arrow: Actually he is right about our overall emission of Co2. That's fairly common knowledge that we are less than 2%. I always thought we were at 1.6% by apparently we are at 1.71%. There is a chart here showing the offenders.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/271748/the-largest-emitters-of-co2-in-the-world

Looks like there is evidence that this fine country of ours is carbon neutral or better because of our vast lands/forests.

This current government needs to get it's act together & start acting fiscally responsible & stop spending our tax dollars like drunken saliors.

"A conservative estimate of Canada’s existing carbon-absorption capacity, based on land area and the global carbon-absorption average, indicates that Canada could already be absorbing 20 to 30 per cent more CO2 than we emit."

http://business.financialpost.com/fp-co ... t-a-secret

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:35 pm 

Derryboy wrote:
Hodor wrote:

That's easy. None of your statements disguised as questions are correct.

:arrow: Actually he is right about our overall emission of Co2. That's fairly common knowledge that we are less than 2%. I always thought we were at 1.6% by apparently we are at 1.71%. There is a chart here showing the offenders.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/271748/the-largest-emitters-of-co2-in-the-world

Looks like there is evidence that this fine country of ours is carbon neutral or better because of our vast lands/forests.

This current government needs to get it's act together & start acting fiscally responsible & stop spending our tax dollars like drunken saliors.

"A conservative estimate of Canada’s existing carbon-absorption capacity, based on land area and the global carbon-absorption average, indicates that Canada could already be absorbing 20 to 30 per cent more CO2 than we emit."

http://business.financialpost.com/fp-co ... t-a-secret

Unfortunately we aren't isolated inside our own country, and are still part of the Earth. Everyone has to do their part.

Keep in mind the cost of doing nothing is not having a planet to live on. While it's essentially free, you get what you pay for.

We should all agree to stop posting opinion pieces like they are some sort of fact. The media suuuucks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:19 am 

DRiFT_645 wrote:
kf095 wrote:
...look wider...

Read this:
China to plow $361 billion into renewable fuel by 2020
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN14P06P

Where do you suppose China gets the money to invest in cleaning sh*t up? Taxes.
China is a relatively new economy compared to Canada/USA. They're expansion started much later. Canada and USA among other western countries have a head start in polluting the planet so to speak.

Yes, I remember no made in China time. To be honest, I'm not so sure if it become better since then. Simple, cheaper, but increased waste from consumerism is one of the pollution factors.

It is about time for them to invest in pollution cleaning technologies.
After seen this images of air quality in China,
http://www.businessinsider.com/eerie-ph ... rn-china-6
I understand why selling canned fresh air to China actually works:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/08/world/fre ... a-bottles/
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/15/asia/chin ... clean-air/