HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:07 pm 

Burrcold wrote:
Good luck getting Mattamy to change that! Much like the Soup Nazi, NO HOUSE FOR YOU!!

At a grand opening where 500 people line up you are correct
But if you think their contract is written in stone any other day of the year you are delusional

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:03 pm 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
Burrcold wrote:
Good luck getting Mattamy to change that! Much like the Soup Nazi, NO HOUSE FOR YOU!!

But if you think their contract is written in stone any other day of the year you are delusional

I don't follow. Mattamy sells out in a matter of hours. Either you come up with the deposit or the house goes to someone who can. So there is no "any other day of the year".

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:31 am 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
Burrcold wrote:

Have you ever bought a Mattamy home in Milton? There is little if any negotiation. Especially on the deposit.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:17 am 

DRiFT_645 wrote:

Have you ever bought a Mattamy home in Milton? There is little if any negotiation. Especially on the deposit.

You mentioned negotiation, is there any negotiation on any matters for the sake? I was under the impression there is no negotiation possible.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:22 pm 

Carl wrote:
DRiFT_645 wrote:

You mentioned negotiation, is there any negotiation on any matters for the sake? I was under the impression there is no negotiation possible.

You can negotiate, they'll just say no though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:56 pm 

Burrcold wrote:
I don't follow. Mattamy sells out in a matter of hours.

You really don't know how the game is played do you?
The sell out in a day is a marketing tool

They always have lots held back, they always have buyers who can't get mortgage approval, there always are exceptions

Heck Mattamy tries to claim they will not pay your Realtor; also false

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:37 pm 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:

They always have lots held back, they always have buyers who can't get mortgage approval, there always are exceptions

oh, this is news to me about the paying to a realtor. I have to believe you and good to know. Agree on all of your comments above, just paying to a realtor aspect, did not know because we asked the sales agent and was categorically said they do not pay.

May be if you can share how we can approach them for paying a realtor?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:39 pm 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
Burrcold wrote:

This has ZERO to do with the original quote or the topic. I never said anything about people who can't get approved or these secret held back lots. REEEAAACCCCHHHHH.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:22 am 

You can negotiate with Mattamy, but I can't see them negotiated the deposit and not with a hot market.

There are several areas of the contract where they will allow changes (capping certain upcharges etc). Generally minor things that won't effect them too much.

When I purchased with Mattamy, it was 2008 and there was a small dip in house prices for what I think ended up only being less than a year. They were introducing their 'Spirit' line of homes that were less expensive then their normal homes and would come with slightly less fancy features. So I went in with my offer and I put in that I wanted 30K of free upgrades (at the time they were offering no incentives). The sales lady told me that there was NO way it would be approved but it was ultimately up to the powers that be, not her and they would get back to me in 2-3 days. They accepted my terms.

So is it always possible, no...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 pm 

Devious wrote:
The sales lady told me that there was NO way it would be approved but it was ultimately up to the powers that be, not her and they would get back to me in 2-3 days. They accepted my terms.

If it was an older lady I know exactly who you are talking about
She told me "you can't ask them that!"
Made me laugh but yup was approved as well

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:25 pm 

Would I be able to ask for 60k worth of upgrades (or something similar) from them? Is it worthwhile asking? Look at how much more they're asking compared to 2008, wouldn't hurt right?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:42 pm 

yes ask $150,000 upgrades or more, only the sky is the limit of how each one of us think. Who knows, you may get it down to $1 cost after all this lofty upgrades you can get from them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:35 pm 

FarKhan wrote:
Would I be able to ask for 60k worth of upgrades (or something similar) from them? Is it worthwhile asking? Look at how much more they're asking compared to 2008, wouldn't hurt right?

$60K upgrades? hahahaha - let us know what their answer is.

That's a lot of upgrades. Do you realize what that $60k added on to your mortgage will actually add up to in the end? Do the math. Very foolish to pay the builder 10X more for stuff that you can have done later with better workmanship and materials. These builders are laughing all the way to the bank at the expense of stupid buyers who are so eager and willing to just pay whatever they ask.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:20 pm 

I think you have to judge what the demand is. If you come in asking for 60K of "free upgrades" and they have a lineup of 100 people trying to buy 50 lots, they will laugh in your face.

To be clear, when I bought, I did not line up, there was a lull in the market and I walked in and had my choice of 10-12 lots from a street that was mostly bought up already and they were looking to move onto the next phase. Different ball of wax from what it is today.

As for was it better to ask for free upgrades or discount on the house, I figured they were much more willing to toss in the upgrades. I was pretty sure I'd spend that much on the things that are just a pain in the ass to do later. Hardwood stairs, upgrade kitchen cupboards, 45 degree tiles, double sink in the master bedroom etc. Its honestly not hard to spend 30 or even 60K.

And yes, it was an older woman. Sales drones!

FarKhan wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:28 pm 

What is a reasonable price reduction I can get? At these prices you can sell your home in milton and buy a detached in markham