HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:20 pm 

Seeing suspicious car with two occupants in the car, twice in three weeks, seems like just waiting and watching – caught them in the evening and afternoon. When I tried to look closer both times car drove away before I had a chance to take a good look or identify the drives and passenger.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:46 pm 

Could be undercover police officers or even immigration officers waiting and looking for particular individuals. We observed a similar situation a couple of years ago. Turned out they were undercover agents waiting to pick up a couple of illegal immigrants renting a basement apartment down the street.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:01 pm 

Could also be people waiting for their drugs to be deliver to their car. Next time you see the car wait inside your home to see if someone approaches the car. This happened on a street we lived on in another City. Some teen age kid was delivering drugs to suspicious cars parked on the street, some cars where parked there for long periods of time. I guess the kid had a hard time getting out of the house... lol

Once we caught on to what was happening, we stopped it by calling all neighbors out to sit on front porch when ever a suspicious car come onto the street. We would watch the kid bike around the block over and over but unable to make his drop... lol

It sure did stop the cars from coming onto our street, but I am sure the kid just found another street to have the cars park on. We sold our house shortly after that, so not sure what became of the neighborhood.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:15 pm 

@All Star "undercover police officers or even immigration officers"
I don't believe they drive gangster like fancy cars and they don't run away when approached.

@justagirl "Drug" in our neighborhood?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:17 am 

Irfan wrote:
Seeing suspicious car with two occupants in the car, twice in three weeks, seems like just waiting and watching – caught them in the evening and afternoon. When I tried to look closer both times car drove away before I had a chance to take a good look or identify the drives and passenger.

I'm not sure what you mean by "when I tried to look closer" but if you are concerned then make a note of the model of the car and licence plate number then if anything happens you can pass that on to investigators.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:34 am 

It is highly improbable, but maybe they are playing Pokemon Go. I noticed some vehicles stopped along Philbrook Dr with the driver playing Pokemon GO.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:41 am 

Irfan wrote:
@All Star "undercover police officers or even immigration officers"
I don't believe they drive gangster like fancy cars and they don't run away when approached.

Why would you even consider approaching "gangster like fancy cars" to see who the occupants were rather than take down their license plate numbers and reporting to the police that these suspicious cars were lurking in your neighbourhood? Very foolish and dangerous thing to do. If indeed they are what you seem to think they are, they could very easily attack or even shoot you.

Don't try to be a hero. Next time just call the police, that's their job.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:07 am 

Irfan wrote:

You think there isn't any... That's funny!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:12 am 

Irfan wrote:
gangster like fancy cars

Was it one of these boilers? If so you'd better blow or else you might end up on the business end of a bean-shooter, see! Wouldn't want to see you wearing a Chicago overcoat now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:53 pm 

Probably not a surveillance team, it's rare that 2 ride in a surveillance vehicle. Take down the plate and call the police. I regularly see spin teams and private investigators in the neighbourhood, I will approach the car and simply ask.

A PI must show their license when requested too, cops are generally impressed that you are aware of your neighbourhood and its surrounding. I've even offere for them to use my driveway to sit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:30 pm 

glocklover wrote:
Probably not a surveillance team, it's rare that 2 ride in a surveillance vehicle. Take down the plate and call the police. I regularly see spin teams and private investigators in the neighbourhood, I will approach the car and simply ask.

A PI must show their license when requested too, cops are generally impressed that you are aware of your neighbourhood and its surrounding. I've even offere for them to use my driveway to sit.

Sounds like you live in a pretty dodgy neighbourhood, what the hells going on over there?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:05 pm 

B&T402 wrote:
glocklover wrote:

Sounds like you live in a pretty dodgy neighbourhood, what the hells going on over there?

All it takes is one house rented by drug dealers or growers, growers most likely in nicer neighborhood.
I once had did an estimate for some construction work in a house that was grow house, wall between kitchen and garage has been knocked out, so they could unload their supplies fast, all floor ceilings from basement to roof had huge opening cut out to run piping for venting.
And that was in a nice area, no one suspected a thing for few months, I think the electric bill for the street rose up too high if I remember correctly and that's what got them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:00 pm 

glocklover wrote:

A PI must show their license when requested too,,,,

Personally, I doubt they have any obligation to identify themselves to just anyone who asks. Especially when just sitting in a car on a street. To me, that makes no sense at all.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:19 pm 

Yup, you're the next target.
The fancy gangster gang is on to you and your sleuthing where your sleuthing don't belong.
Best keep your lights off for a few weeks.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:45 am 

in Ontario, a private investigator Must show their license at the request of any person. It's one of the main rules of the PISGA act of Ontario