HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:28 pm 

Hodor wrote:
Greenjp wrote:
btimmis wrote:
This is the ideal location in Milton for high density housing. Seriously anyone against this (other than parking concerns, where council can require specific allocations) is a NIMBY of the worst kind. Greenjp, WTF are you thinking suggesting these be put south of LSL, where every single person would be forced to drive anywhere?? That would create far more traffic.

This location has Go trains, grocery store, LCBO, restaurants, library, athletic facilities, all within short walking distance. Some people who buy these will actually choose to live car free. One of the first developments in Milton where this is realistically possible. Yes, some improvements will be required to manage traffic, but this is doable, if you are upset contact your councillor and express the need for the developer to pay for intersection improvements. This is probably the single best location in Milton for high density development, and anything less than 20 storeys would be a shameful waste of the location.
Nice to hear from you again been a awhile. I agree with you 100% now that I don't live on Childs any more. I only said the south side of LSL to spark a reaction from my friend Norts, which worked, sorry Norts. We are all NIMBYS if something affects us directly.

Now that we've established the moderators here are self-proclaimed trolls, I don't ever want to see anyone complaining about other users' trolling behaviour, whether intended or accidental.
To be blessed with the title of "TROLL" one only needs to say something that somebody doesn't like or can be construed as off topic. You Sir, have had a star on the "TROLL" walk of fame for more than a decade and I would take my hat off to you if I had one and bow if I didn't have a bad back. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:45 am 

Trolling is saying things for the sole purpose of getting a reaction. That is the exact reason you gave for your post.

Moderators are held to higher standards. I can be easily banned - you cannot.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:08 pm 

Hodor wrote:
Trolling is saying things for the sole purpose of getting a reaction. That is the exact reason you gave for your post.

Moderators are held to higher standards. I can be easily banned - you cannot.
"saying things" like 99% of what ppl post can be classed as "for the sole purpose of getting a reaction" or lets change that word....

for the sole purpose of getting an answer.
for the sole purpose of getting an opinion.
As for "Moderators are held to higher standards" if it's anything like the moderation on Milton Talk, that's not how I interpret rules. Over there a brain fart will get you banned.

If you swear (too much) I will edit.
If you call another member names I will edit.
If I think your post is going too far I will delete it. Some topics are taboo.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:24 pm 

You said specifically that the only purpose of your comment was to get a reaction out of Norts. You were trolling, by the very definition of the term. Just accept it and move on, now that we know this is okay to do.

I guess it was always okay, given that Di Lorenzo would run ads saying "come battle our trolls" to promote this forum. Major face palm on that one but oh well.

Am I trolling a troller (trawler?)??

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:06 pm 

Time to lock this problematic thread now too, eh?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:13 pm 

B&T402 wrote:
Oh, classic trollage....you get a gold star & double dessert and tomorrow off with pay. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:48 am 

B&T402 wrote:

Maybe fix the thread title too while he's at it?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:24 pm 

Hodor wrote:
B&T402 wrote:

OK I'll bite, what's your problem with the title? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:47 pm 

Greenjp wrote:
Hodor wrote:
B&T402 wrote:

OK I'll bite, what's your problem with the title? :roll:

Just leave it as is as long as you don't mind your socio-political slip showing.
These occupants will not be the monacled ascott-wearing toffs that would have occupied Abattoir Towers, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:59 pm 

Oh man I really miss Milton Dutch Day.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:30 am 

Seems like a tight fit for 3 condos there. I can already see accidents happening there with 100s of more cars going in and out of that area and GO buses stopping 100 feet before the station and after the light. It's madness on some days right now, can't imagine when this is done.

I agree this is better than the downtown Milton idea but it bothers me that GO won't build a garage for its users and the town is selling land all around it to prevent it from happening. (Of course they could always build in the current lot but where will temporary parking be then?)

Great location though, walking distance to GO, and select retailers nearby.
Who needs a car if you live there..? Unless you live in a bubble those lots will be filled!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:38 pm 

thenay wrote:
I agree this is better than the downtown Milton idea but it bothers me that GO won't build a garage for its users and the town is selling land all around it to prevent it from happening. (Of course they could always build in the current lot but where will temporary parking be then?)

I have a dream that one day Metrolinx will buy out the cement plant and build a garage on the south side of the tracks. Most busy GO stations have access from both sides. If such a connection was made then some of the low density businesses like the storage units could be redeveloped into condos.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:31 am 

Devious wrote:
Of course I'm biased because its nowhere near me, but then again, its no where near anyone really.

The fact that it is walking to restaurants, grocery store, go transit, library, leisure centre means they might actually have a chance to live there and not own a car... It backs onto a rail so that isn't exactly prime real estate that someone else wants to develop.

Here's a quicky image using Google Earth of the view from a 30-story building at that proposed location, looking South-West:

When a proposed building is 30 stories tall, 'near' has quite a different meaning.
There are a lot of homes that will have to look at this new plan, and a lot of homes (and backyards) that can be seen from the buildings.
As one who owns one of the homes visible in this picture, I have big concerns!

Part of it is indeed NIMBYism, but a 30 story building in Milton seems out of character to the community.
The congestion and new parking concerns already mentioned need to be examined.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:53 am 

A swimming pool looks the size of half a penny and a car looks like a peppercorn. You, yourself would appear the size of a, um, well too small to even notice quite frankly.
What's the big deal?

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:32 pm 

This is probably like a lawsuit, ask for $50M to get your $25M after negotiations and due process. So when they reduce the size of this down to what this site can actually handle, maybe two shorter towers, we are all supposed to heave a sigh of relief and think we are well-represented by our hard-working officials, both elected and unelected.

These developers know what they're doing, and they want to maximize density as much as the town does. This proposal surprises no-one at ToM, they would have been consulted to some extent to get to this point.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next