HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:28 pm 

Hello, new to the board and relatively new to fishing.

Looking for some advice on ponds or lakes that might contain Crappie. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:12 pm 

You can sit by my toilet tomorrow morning. I'm having Indian tonight. Poop jokes! :)

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:42 am 

Burrcold wrote:
You can sit by my toilet tomorrow morning. I'm having Indian tonight. Poop jokes! :)

retarted

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:28 am 

Two of the closest places are Mill Pond in Milton and Fairy Lake in Acton. For Fairy Lake, the shore fishing is a little difficult as its pretty shallow water from shore, you would need a boat to get to the good spots. But Mill Pond is great and has other fish (some out of season right now) that are pretty exciting. I also hear they stock it with trout every spring, so that is something to look forward to.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:18 pm 

retyink12 wrote:
Burrcold wrote:

retarted

At least spell it right if you're going to use it.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:19 pm 

retyink12 wrote:
Burrcold wrote:

retarted

It's retarded.

From the Milton Spelling Police.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:31 pm 

Thanks to those who responded with something relevant to the thread.

I will have to do some exploring of the Mill Pond, I have seen the stocked trout in there but no Crappie. I am hoping to check out Fairy Lake also at some point this season.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:07 pm 

milton weed control is kinda crappie.
I was at a Tims drive thru when the town was cutting the grass?
I could swear it was snowing in may.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:17 pm 

A useful site
http://hooklineandsinker.ca/category/fi ... al-waters/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:42 pm 

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Fishing-Ontarios ... SwhvFZB7LI

Order this. It's quite good.
You can borrow mine for a few days and copy the bits you like.
Grand River conservation parks have a good fishing brochure available at the gates too.
I fished Bellwood and Rockwood lakes this weekend, holy moley the water is high, like 4-5 feet high.
The trees are all submerged in deep water and no shoreline to park the canoe to take a wiz or eat or swim.
Weird to see.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:04 am 

Norts999 wrote:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Fishing-Ontarios-Grand-River-Country-/282456182844?hash=item41c3b3503c:g:GagAAOSwhvFZB7LI

Order this. It's quite good.
You can borrow mine for a few days and copy the bits you like.
Grand River conservation parks have a good fishing brochure available at the gates too.
I fished Bellwood and Rockwood lakes this weekend, holy moley the water is high, like 4-5 feet high.
The trees are all submerged in deep water and no shoreline to park the canoe to take a wiz or eat or swim.
Weird to see.

How was the fishing at Belwood? I'm thinking of taking the kids fishing there this weekend. With the water that high, I doubt I'd be able to get the boat under the bridge at the east end of the park....did you go that far? Also, was the grand river swollen? I had good luck with trout down there.

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:52 pm 

Police closed the Grand on Friday night and evacuated a few trailer parks. Dams were near capacity with more coming. We had to make new plans at 5:30am. Sucked.
Couple years ago, police were hauling a dead body out of the water, so we also had to make new plans at 5:30am.
Didn't get to a bridge in Bellwood, we were in canoes and fighting strong winds all day. It was hard work to not go anywhere. Some guys with rigged out fishing boats said they were having luck, but I didn't witness anyone hauling one in all day. We figured the fish are pretty well fed with the flooding, but we don't know jack about that stuff, but we had to tell ourselves something to keep going.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:07 pm 

Thanks for the advice Norts999.

I just got myself a kayak last weekend, once I feel more comfortable out on the water I will check out Belwood lake for sure. Didnt consider Rockwood lake but I will check that out also.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:57 pm 

Thanks for the update. I went to Bronte Harbour to see how the launch was there....and bad luck....the launch was submerged...and so was the road leading up to it. I was really surprised to see how high the lake was. There goes my plan of strapping on a Canadian flag on the boat and taking the family out.

Cheers,
Conrad