HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:27 pm 

Thanks for all the reply..... I test drove crv and cx5 couple years ago didnt quite like it , somehow felt like very light. I haven't test drive the forester yet but i thought they might have better handling than those 2. I personally like RX too , I have Sienna 06 now and their engine is solid and I believe RX use the same engine. I'm still not convinced with Korean brand but that just me , and i do see them a lot on the road these days...

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:33 pm 

Don't forget to take a spin in the Ford Escape 2 litre, doesn't cost anything but a bit of time.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:40 pm 

AlphaMale wrote:
Mazdas drive great, but the metal and resale value will both rot away in several years.

I think this is greatly exaggerated. Most of the rust issues I've seen with Mazda seem to be pre 2008 and first gen Mazda 3's and Protege's. The 2010 redesign....I've yet to see very many of them rusting out, the same goes for the SUV's. Most rust issues I see on newer ones are generally a result of the factory paint job being compromised with sub par auto-body work. Heck we have a 2008 that we've never taken for rust proofing, we don't wash it in the winter, we park it outside, and I put 140km a day on that thing and there is no rust.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:51 pm 

carisma wrote:
Thanks for all the reply..... I test drove crv and cx5 couple years ago didnt quite like it , somehow felt like very light. I haven't test drive the forester yet but i thought they might have better handling than those 2. I personally like RX too , I have Sienna 06 now and their engine is solid and I believe RX use the same engine. I'm still not convinced with Korean brand but that just me , and i do see them a lot on the road these days...

The 2017 Honda CRV is a newly-redesigned model, so the one you drove a few years ago will be different.

I like the Lexus RX. I just purchased a Lex myself, so go for that one if you have the budget for it.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:30 pm 

Seriously go look at the fully redesigned Mazda CX5. We bought a CX9 and there isn't anything in the class that can touch it. Mazda is really doing things right these days.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:55 am 

Jeep Wrangler. Everything else is the same sh*t with a different stamp.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:42 am 

What is the advantage of a 2WD SUV? Just being higher up off the ground? I don't get it. These small SUV's have little towing capacity, worse handling than a car. Perform the same in the snow. And the cargo space on something like a CX5 is even smaller than a wagon. FTW I have nothing against Mazda, they make great cars. I'm just always curious to know what people like about these compact SUV's over other options. If its just the aesthetics of having a bigger looking vehicle, nothing wrong with that, just truly curious!

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:15 am 

NewInTown wrote:
Jeep Wrangler. Everything else is the same sh*t with a different stamp.

I don't agree, but great to see you back! How are you doing? Great I hope.

nspace wrote:
What is the advantage of a 2WD SUV? Just being higher up off the ground? I don't get it. These small SUV's have little towing capacity, worse handling than a car. Perform the same in the snow. And the cargo space on something like a CX5 is even smaller than a wagon. FTW I have nothing against Mazda, they make great cars. I'm just always curious to know what people like about these compact SUV's over other options. If its just the aesthetics of having a bigger looking vehicle, nothing wrong with that, just truly curious!

Agreed! I don't get it either when people shop for CUVs, aka "cute-utes" like the Buick Encore, Infiniti QX30, Mazda CX3, Nissan Juke, Nissan Qashqai, Kia Rondo or Chevrolet Trax, but whatever the reasons are (easier manoeuvreability, perception of safety, being "higher-up"), automakers are cashing in on peoples' desires for these boxed vehicles.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:58 pm 

Have you considered the F-Pace?
http://www.jaguar.ca/en/all-models/f-pace/index.html

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:39 pm 

I wonder when they will put a full key board on the steering wheel or a camera so you can constantly take selfies.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:47 pm 

I'd go with the older RX350. Go have a look at the rust on a 7-8 year old Mazda or ford. 2010 escape are rotting to pieces

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:28 pm 

You should come look at the lack of rust on my 9 year old Mazda which has never had rust-proofing and is in the driveway 100% of the time. I think Mazda's rust issues are no worse than any other car but I know that was not the case with some older models.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:27 pm 

- LEXUS hands down.
- Forrester is good
- Tuscon - cheap to buy
- Outlander

That order...

carisma wrote:
I narrowed down my search and these models that I'm interested in:

- Forester
- Outlander
- Tucson
- 2013/14 RX 350

I have seen so many Forrester on the road lately and I heard good story about them. For Mitsubishi too bad we don't have Pajero in Canada. Any feedback from these brands that you might know of in term their built quality , engine .?

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:50 am 

B&T402 wrote:
It's a performance feature, it does diddly-doo as a safety feature. Known fact. The Audi (et al) people at least have it right, I'm sure it kicks ass on acceleration, but it won't be AWD that keeps you on the road when your tires lose grip.

It certainly does function as a safety feature your fact is quite lacking
How can improving a vehicles handling and stability in winter not be a safety feature???

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:03 am 

Yes of course, the emotional factor. How silly of me.