HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:57 pm 

Greenjp wrote:
Ya, it's too bad the sensitive ones don't understand the fun part. Carry on. But I will still edit some posts from time to time.

I just want you to unlock that constantly running sump pump thread from the winter. I was no where near finished with that one, but oh no someone pulled the plug. :shock: :roll: :arrow:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:34 pm 

B&T402 wrote:
Greenjp wrote:
Ya, it's too bad the sensitive ones don't understand the fun part. Carry on. But I will still edit some posts from time to time.

I just want you to unlock that constantly running sump pump thread from the winter. I was no where near finished with that one, but oh no someone pulled the plug. :shock: :roll: :arrow:
Wish granted, I bumped back up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:41 pm 

Greenjp wrote:
B&T402 wrote:
Greenjp wrote:

Wish granted, I bumped back up.

See you moderate...in moderation. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:34 pm 

kf095 wrote:
Burrcold wrote:
kf095 wrote:
I see, now you are up to some nationalities, not just individuals. So, you are indeed racist, as well.

I'm not even sure what you mean, but Russian is not a race. But good attempt to deflect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

"Racism is discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_group
"An ethnic group or ethnicity is a category of people who identify with each other based on similarities such as common ancestral, language, social, cultural or national experiences"

Burdie, you are the racist.

You're a Trump supporter supporter.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:35 pm 

Comment about Trudeau in 3.... 2.... 1....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:49 pm 

Burrcold wrote:
So me saying your Russian rant is racist? Are you Russian? Did you rant? Yup...keep grasping there buddy. Just admit that your original post showed that you are a total puss. The rest of your crap was hardly coherent so it can pass (gets the Milton Dutch Day wave on through).

I'm the only one who said sorry here two times already. You were included. Is this "total puss"? And what is "Russian rant" you were saying? Your were just making some racist mumbling crap here.
Well, I have seen those like you come and go here on this forum for decade. Those are here to just keep on trolling those who are different from you. Would it be Dutch or Russian minorities.

I'm going leave here on this, my part to frame you as hater and racist is done. You are fully espoused. The picture of troll is clear.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:34 am 

My tears are flowing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:33 am 

AB wrote:
I guess since very few are using this forum anymore, there's all this pent up anxiety with no one to troll....

If anything needs rebranding, it's this site which is absent of its creator or any local counselors with relevant input. However, as long as the advertising revenue keeps coming in, it's business as usual.

You need to check out the Facebook groups like Milton Talk which are what really killed this forum. I mean, it's f****** stupid because you actually need an account, but once you see the level of idiocy and animosity towards others there you'll nope the F out right quick like me.

Sign up with a fake account or something and check it out. You think people are/were bad here with relative anonymity? Wait until you see the things people say to each other with their real names attached. You kind of need to see it happening in the moment because that place is moderated all to hell, but it's there.

The internet just isn't a warm fuzzy safe place for our feelings. I'm sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:35 am 

Your right Hodor, it's one of the reasons I only use FB to interact with my "friends". I've had a quick look at a few chat sites and took a stage left out of there due to bile factor.

Even still, I always have to be on guard as fake news outnumbers the real deal these days. Sooner or later, we'll find that just talking to real people will make a comeback.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:16 am 

I hear ya.

Deactivated my FB account about a month ago and it's been GLORIOUS. Give it a try!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:54 pm 

AB wrote:

If anything needs rebranding, it's this site which is absent of its creator or any local counselors with relevant input. However, as long as the advertising revenue keeps coming in, it's business as usual.

AB wrote:
... Sooner or later, we'll find that just talking to real people will make a comeback.

I meet Rick on previous week and on this week. It is hard not to meet in Milton if you are going on same community events. We never talk with Rick about this forum or his FB. Nor I talk with Zee or Colin about this forum which they left long time ago or their FB pages.
Where are some real things for Milton to talk about.

I knew here is some movie, american made, partially filmed in Canada and else. And this act which is officially not a joke but vandalism was about something in this movie. But I'm spending my time as New Canadian to learn about my new home town, instead of watching something not real. I'd rather watch "this hour has 22 minutes" for jokes about real and Canada.

So, I went on Milton Historical Society open meetings and one of them was about street names in Milton. I asked author of the book about Milton Streets why so many Kennedy roads and learned why. They talk about Snow as person and they were people who new him personally. And then Colin was here and we talked how streets in Milton preferred to be named. And how to apply with street name proposal. My idea to have Peace Ave might not be so welcome here, but Colin was OK with me to propose it.

Any-who, where is another movie, soap opera many are watching, something with Monkeys in the name. One episode in this was filmed already twice at the place nearby Milton.