HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:49 am 

Mill pond trail. Kind of a last resort for a nature walk if you want to call it that.

With my daughters, and for many years, we frequented some wonderful trails north of town to a place where on occasion we would see a beaver swimming on the high side of their dam. The girls would always catch frogs, lots of snakes, and feed fish from a large culvert bridge. That all ended when dog walkers discovered these trails and of course quickly contaminate the entire trail by leaving dog poop all over the place and letting their dogs run loose up and down the trail. Of course all the wild flowers on each side of the trial were trampled. Heck, we used to pick morel mushrooms along the trail and fry them up in butter but those days are long gone.

These walks taught my daughters some good life lessons. One day when they were at a summer day camp at Kelso some kid saw a large snake and screamed. All the kids ran as fast as they could away from that snake while my daughters ran to it and picked it up. The camp counsellors were :shock: but impressed. I have a photo of that moment thanks to one of the counsellors.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:18 pm 

Halton Home Inspector wrote:
Mill pond trail. Kind of a last resort for a nature walk if you want to call it that.

With my daughters, and for many years, we frequented some wonderful trails north of town to a place where on occasion we would see a beaver swimming on the high side of their dam. The girls would always catch frogs, lots of snakes, and feed fish from a large culvert bridge. That all ended when dog walkers discovered these trails and of course quickly contaminate the entire trail by leaving dog poop all over the place and letting their dogs run loose up and down the trail. Of course all the wild flowers on each side of the trial were trampled. Heck, we used to pick morel mushrooms along the trail and fry them up in butter but those days are long gone.

These walks taught my daughters some good life lessons. One day when they were at a summer day camp at Kelso some kid saw a large snake and screamed. All the kids ran as fast as they could away from that snake while my daughters ran to it and picked it up. The camp counsellors were :shock: but impressed. I have a photo of that moment thanks to one of the counsellors.

I walk my dog. but he is always on a leash and I pick up his poop.

I dont understand DIRTY ppl that leave their dog poop all over. And I dont understand people who leave dogs run loose.

I dont care how smart you think your dog is it should be on a leash. Dog off leash doesn't indicate smart dog it indicates dumb owner.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:57 am 

007 wrote:

I walk my dog. but he is always on a leash and I pick up his poop.

I dont understand DIRTY ppl that leave their dog poop all over. And I dont understand people who leave dogs run loose.

I dont care how smart you think your dog is it should be on a leash. Dog off leash doesn't indicate smart dog it indicates dumb owner.

One of our last walks on a favourite trail while with my two daughters and two of their friends, 3 large dogs came bounding down the trail towards us. Yes, everything turned out fine, thank God. When the 2 idiot dog owners approached I gave them a mild piece of my mind and of course they did not care. I can only conclude that they were both immature, inconsiderate, childish, and selfish.

Some people just need a good beating I guess :wink:

Last edited by Halton Home Inspector on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:51 am 

I think towns and cities need to be more enforcing of dog leash rules. I say this as a dog owner.

Someone I know had their on leash puppy killed by an off leash dog in an "accident".

I call this neglect of an ignorant owner not an accident.

Dogs are not a problem. Its easy for everyone to be safe and everything to be clean with a dog if the owner is competent.

Mind you the type of ppl that allow their dogs to poop all over and roam free usually also have an issue controlling their own offspring.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:12 am 

In Milton they are, but business is as usual, if you walk with off leash small and old dog nearby Main street, they will ticket you. But if large dogs runs in the park, I never seen them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:48 pm 

3 large dogs came bounding down the trail towards us. Yes, everything turned out fine, thank God. When the 2 idiot dog owners approached I gave them a mild piece of my mind and of course they did not care. I can only conclude that they were both immature, inconsiderate, childish, and selfish.

Actually pepper spray works wonders on off leash dogs
I once had an owner start mouthing off I told him he would be next if he doesn't back up

Dog is charging, warn owner to call it back or else
Then hit it

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:31 am 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
3 large dogs came bounding down the trail towards us. Yes, everything turned out fine, thank God. When the 2 idiot dog owners approached I gave them a mild piece of my mind and of course they did not care. I can only conclude that they were both immature, inconsiderate, childish, and selfish.

I once had an owner start mouthing off I told him he would be next if he doesn't back up

Then hit it

Nobody believes any part of this story.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:22 am 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:

Then hit it

Good one Cliffy.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park