HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Burger Factory Milton
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:16 pm 

Burger Factory on Main Street. Anyone else try this place?

If this place isn’t shut down in a year I’ll be surprised. The buns were stale, the Utility beef sandwich had no meat, it was all cheese and fell apart (that bun was stale as well) The poutine is mozzarella and not curds. Thick gross gravy. It’s horrid, and I’ll pretty much eat anything.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:32 pm 

catyvo22 wrote:
The poutine is mozzarella and not curds.

How can places find this acceptable? It’s not like cheese curds are expensive or hard to find. SAD!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:39 pm 

I was hoping no one bashed me, so thank you. But geez mozzella when you clearly have poutine on the menu. And it was disgusting. I’d pay for someone to try it. That place can’t last.

Last edited by catyvo22 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:14 pm 

It probably won't with food quality as you report, as well as with the changing demographics here and better burger places out there.

I quite enjoy the poutines from Heritage Fish n Chips. Give 'em a go.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:34 pm 

Thanks Alpha. Since we don't eat fish we've never been there, but I'll give the poutine a go. I know its been mentioned many times, but Milton lacks a bit in the food category. I mean we have Pasqualinos, but lets be honest. Its so busy that its slipping a bit overall. I don't like that they don't allow corkage, as I have a pretty extensive cellar and would like to bring my own. Hell, just charge me $30/bottle to uncork, thats cool. The other night 2 adults and 3 kids was $777 with tip, and their NY Strip Special was $59!!.

Yesterday we did Casa Americo and the food always seems to be good but service is a bit off. They did have a band last night and that scared me because of the shear small size of the place. It was pretty good thou. Marquee has awesome service and great food. That place needs a few more light bulbs thou. It's always dark in there... LMAO.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:58 pm 

No cheese curds and no bacon = WTF :wink:

I guess you can off pass smokey beef strips and mozzarella as the real thing and people will pay for it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:46 pm 

catyvo22 wrote:
Thanks Alpha. Since we don't eat fish we've never been there, but I'll give the poutine a go. I know its been mentioned many times, but Milton lacks a bit in the food category. I mean we have Pasqualinos, but lets be honest. Its so busy that its slipping a bit overall. I don't like that they don't allow corkage, as I have a pretty extensive cellar and would like to bring my own. Hell, just charge me $30/bottle to uncork, thats cool. The other night 2 adults and 3 kids was $777 with tip, and their NY Strip Special was $59!!.

Yesterday we did Casa Americo and the food always seems to be good but service is a bit off. They did have a band last night and that scared me because of the shear small size of the place. It was pretty good thou. Marquee has awesome service and great food. That place needs a few more light bulbs thou. It's always dark in there... LMAO.

What the bloody hell did you order to get to $777???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:11 pm 

Burrcold wrote:

I hope you at least felt you were seriously ripped off. You'd be hard pressed to burn up that much in the best resto markets in the world, but MILTON??!! And yes I am familiar with that place, it ain't all that really.

BTW, Just got back from Montreal, and poutine here should technically classified as cultural appropriation, and banned.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:04 pm 

Burrcold wrote:
catyvo22 wrote:

Attachments:
D75D2426-0635-4378-A612-02A3BC5B5504.jpeg
D75D2426-0635-4378-A612-02A3BC5B5504.jpeg [ 85 KiB | Viewed 2387 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:08 pm 

B&T402 wrote:
Burrcold wrote:

I hope you at least felt you were seriously ripped off. You'd be hard pressed to burn up that much in the best resto markets in the world, but MILTON??!! And yes I am familiar with that place, it ain't all that really.

BTW, Just got back from Montreal, and poutine here should technically classified as cultural appropriation, and banned.

We really could use (and I hate to say it) but a KEG in milton. As a chain restaurant, they still seem to get it right, and as big as they are, they even allow corkage. I think it’s only $15 from what I remember. I rather bring a good bottle of my own then pay 2-3x more for some $20 bottle.

On another note, there is a nice place in Oakville called Cucci. They actually mark bottles up only 10-20%. If even that. Food is pretty good

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:17 am 

catyvo22 wrote:
Burrcold wrote:
catyvo22 wrote:

That’s some serious gluttony. Did your family just come in off the battlefield?

When you order the $7.50 flat waters, do you wear a monocle and top hat?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:06 am 

When you said "kids" I assume kids, not adults. You basically had 5 adults. Still a little insane.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:12 am 

I refuse to drink tap water at restaurants. It’s almost like they fish it out of the pond. Why is it that it always smells like fish, but my tap water at home is fine. I was a plumber back in the day, tap should be fine.

As for the mains. It was myself, Fiancee, my daughter and her friend who are both 17, and my fiancée daughter who is 7.

That bottle of wine is $18, but they sell it for $90.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:29 am 

I don’t think I’ve ever detected a fishy smell of water at restaurants, or anything off-putting. Maybe your sense of smell is better than mine.

I get going out and spending money on a good meal, I do it from time to time myself of course. But what I’ll never do is pay $7.50 for someone else’s tap water, or a $70 markup on a mediocre bottle of wine. Fancy coffees for $15? Bahahahhaa they can go f**K themselves. Been to pasqualinononis before and our bill was nowhere near $150/person.

Of course, I’m a salty cheap bastard who wastes money on marijuana stock. Clearly you drive a large white SUV.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:55 am 

catyvo22, I want to open up a restaurant to serve you. Long time ago I had a client whom I said the same. He gets a coffee for $2.00 and pays a tip of $10.00 to make it total $12.00 and that was almost every single bill of coffee purchase, not counting so many other restaurant bills.

Last edited by Carl on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.