HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:04 pm 

Swiss Chalet is the easiest and probably the best around this area. If you feel like a little drive, down Appleby theres a bunch of places. Couple not so bad places

www.olivepress.ca (Dundas & 25)

www.fraticellis.ca (Appleby & Upper Middle)

burlington.hibachisteakhouse.ca (Appleby & Upper Middle)

I might own shares in that hibachi soon, its like our own kitchen. I'm not proud of this!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:16 pm 

Back to burger business.
Highly endorse Real Burger if you find yourself in Waterdown. http://realburgerco.com/?page_id=7
All this yakking about quality patties has me focused in the flavour of the beef zone. Then I try this place, great burg, but the bun blew my mind! Like really blown. Quick bite after Santa clause parade turns into a monthly must do.
I’m also realizing that my homemade kickass patties are suffering from grocery store hamburger buns.
Anyone know of a killer burger bun store, bakery, brand or local artisan?

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:44 pm 

P.s. homemade fries are great too. Pass on the onion rings. Let me know about the poutine if u try.
RB has good free olives too, make sure u try a few. Two dozen hot sauces sitting out for the taking.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:26 pm 

Norts999 wrote:
P.s. homemade fries are great too. Pass on the onion rings. Let me know about the poutine if u try.
RB has good free olives too, make sure u try a few. Two dozen hot sauces sitting out for the taking.

You had me at "BUN". Im going to make the drive tonight and try this place out. Nothing is better than a good burger.... Well $50M wouldn't hurt, but you know what I mean.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:12 am 

Answered my own question with a completely unexpected source.
The burger buns at M&M Meats are truly awesome. Their frozen buns are a whole whack better than any grocery store burger bun.
I wouldn’t keep them in the freezer, but if thawed and eaten same day as purchased you are in for a treat.

-Randy-South Park