HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:56 am 

catyvo22 wrote:
Burger Factory on Main Street. Anyone else try this place?

If this place isn’t shut down in a year I’ll be surprised. The buns were stale, the Utility beef sandwich had no meat, it was all cheese and fell apart (that bun was stale as well) The poutine is mozzarella and not curds. Thick gross gravy. It’s horrid, and I’ll pretty much eat anything.

Was walking my dog one evening and looked in there and it had that Im a cheap place look to it that night.

Including the crowd.

Across the street from the works it will probably disappear sooner than later.

I know the Works isnt for everyone but I cant see a "crappy" burger place across the street from it lasting.

A lot of places seem to not understand what a poutine is.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:42 pm 

Hodor wrote:
I don’t think I’ve ever detected a fishy smell of water at restaurants, or anything off-putting. Maybe your sense of smell is better than mine.

I get going out and spending money on a good meal, I do it from time to time myself of course. But what I’ll never do is pay $7.50 for someone else’s tap water, or a $70 markup on a mediocre bottle of wine. Fancy coffees for $15? Bahahahhaa they can go f**K themselves. Been to pasqualinononis before and our bill was nowhere near $150/person.

Of course, I’m a salty cheap bastard who wastes money on marijuana stock. Clearly you drive a large white SUV.

Lmao. Ferrari, and it was my birthday. But you are right. $7.50 is ridiculous for water.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:44 pm 

Carl wrote:
catyvo22, I want to open up a restaurant to serve you. Long time ago I had a client whom I said the same. He gets a coffee for $2.00 and pays a tip of $10.00 to make it total $12.00 and that was almost every single bill of coffee purchase, not counting so many other restaurant bills.

This bill was definitely too much for a milton restaurant. But what got me was the “special” they told us what it was, but forgot to mention the $59 price tag. Really?, $59 for a 10-12 oz NY Strip with some veg and 3 small 1/2 potatoes. I was pretty pissed when I saw it later that night. I was just happy my family was there. But still pretty ridiculous and over priced.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:47 pm 

007 wrote:
catyvo22 wrote:
Burger Factory on Main Street. Anyone else try this place?

If this place isn’t shut down in a year I’ll be surprised. The buns were stale, the Utility beef sandwich had no meat, it was all cheese and fell apart (that bun was stale as well) The poutine is mozzarella and not curds. Thick gross gravy. It’s horrid, and I’ll pretty much eat anything.

Was walking my dog one evening and looked in there and it had that Im a cheap place look to it that night.

Including the crowd.

Across the street from the works it will probably disappear sooner than later.

I know the Works isnt for everyone but I cant see a "crappy" burger place across the street from it lasting.

A lot of places seem to not understand what a poutine is.

I would take the works over that place any day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:43 am 

Anyone else have feedback on Burger Factory? I was looking forward to this long delayed opening.
And wow, that Goodfellow's Pizza is taking forever to open too.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:02 pm 

Lol, Dream Team. More like Dream Rip Off Team. I went to Pasqualino's once like eight years ago, and the service sucked and the servers paid no attention to me, so I will never go back, and definitely wont now with those exorbitant prices.

No judgement here from me. When you treat ppl at restaurants, you order whatever people want to drink and eat, $7.50 water included, and get more of everything like drinks, apps and dessert to be a generous host and not a cheap host. It's a rip off at Leafs and Jays games for sh!tty food and drink as well, but you have to let people make money sometimes and contribute to the economy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:06 pm 

Norts999 wrote:
Anyone else have feedback on Burger Factory? I was looking forward to this long delayed opening.

Try it out. Whats the worst thing that can happen?, it good and you go again, or it sucks and you toss it in the garbage and head over to Memphis BBQ like I did. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:09 pm 

AlphaMale wrote:
Lol, Dream Team. More like Dream Rip Off Team. I went to Pasqualino's once like eight years ago, and the service sucked and the servers paid no attention to me, so I will never go back, and definitely wont now with those exorbitant prices.

No judgement here from me. When you treat ppl at restaurants, you order whatever people want to drink and eat, $7.50 water included, and get more of everything like drinks, apps and dessert to be a generous host and not a cheap host. It's a rip off at Leafs and Jays games for sh!tty food and drink as well, but you have to let people make money sometimes and contribute to the economy.

Alpha. Thats my logic as well. It sucks to pay those prices, but when I go out I know what Im getting into ($ wise). Bad service makes me cringe, because I have a hard time hitting any 10-15% tip button. I usually tip very well, and can prove it anytime (not that anyone asked). So bad service really makes the experience horrible.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:58 pm 

catyvo22 wrote:
Norts999 wrote:

Try it out. Whats the worst thing that can happen?, it good and you go again, or it sucks and you toss it in the garbage and head over to Memphis BBQ like I did. ;)

Their Facebook reviews are consistently complaining of 45 min. wait times, otherwise i’d do that.
I’d miss the whole first period.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:18 pm 

AlphaMale wrote:

Excuse me but $15 beers and $7 popcorn at the Scotiabank Canada Centre is not a rip off, and the $80 fruit tray in the private boxes is to die for.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:12 pm 

Norts999 wrote:
catyvo22 wrote:
Norts999 wrote:

Their Facebook reviews are consistently complaining of 45 min. wait times, otherwise i’d do that.
I’d miss the whole first period.

Yes it did take a little more time than other places. There was another set of kids who ordered before us. I did notice 6 workers behind the counter.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:13 pm 

Hodor wrote:
AlphaMale wrote:

Excuse me but $15 beers and $7 popcorn at the Scotiabank Canada Centre is not a rip off, and the $80 fruit tray in the private boxes is to die for.

We got a place in Florida and you can get a box at the Panthers game with food and beers for $2000-2500, and invite 18 people.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:19 am 

catyvo22 wrote:
Hodor wrote:
AlphaMale wrote:

We got a place in Florida and you can get a box at the Panthers game with food and beers for $2000-2500, and invite 18 people.

The most important thing is the priceless mystique of watching a Panthers game live - something which few have ever attempted.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:51 am 

B&T402 wrote:
You'd be hard pressed to burn up that much in the best resto markets in the world, but MILTON??!! And yes I am familiar with that place, it ain't all that really.

Tons of good restaurants get that price very quickly
Wine + appetiser + meal + dessert + after meal drink
Heck even a chain could run you $150 per person including taxes & tips (although tip is optional)

Sunday brunch I linked last time is $65 + drinks + tips even

Although where in Milton do you think is a better place? We really have nothing but fast food junk in this town.
Burgers or frozen sushi or shwarmas or pizzas.
Is it no wonder people need to get high when they live* here

*term used VERY loosely

Burger Factory seems to have mostly positive reviews, but dry buns & long wait times are common complaints
The Works is not exactly quick which I assume is their main competition

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:19 am 

Like, get high off the wine or the after-dinner drink? People live here but don’t live here? You been day drinkin’ again, Peppermints?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next