HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:41 am 

I tried to google search this question but me too dumb.

I have a neighbor who parks one of the three cars on their lawn. We all have 1 car garages along with 1 space outside the garage and I've found out of course this neighbor rents out their basement. Unfortunately they are the Brampton type that also leave all of their furniture out on the curb to be picked up a month in advanced. :roll:

Are there bi-laws against these sort of things?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:23 pm 

The Brampton type eh.

Guess you think you are better than all of Brampton?

There is trash in every city.

People that speak like you even live in Milton. Point immediately proven.

there should be a mind your business by-law

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:54 pm 

Best bet is to call the town and ask. I believe that yes - there is a bylaw preventing the presentation of trash for pickup any earlier than 17:00 on the day prior to scheduled pickup. Might also be worth a check for them as well to make sure the basement apartment is legal, and that parking on the lawn is also okay. This is what you pay taxes for.

Unfortunately the Brampton types think Milton is the place for such boorish behaviour. Good for you for wanting to do something about it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:53 pm 

If you find that you aren't getting the response from the town you want, you can also move to Georgetown where our motto is "that sh*t don't fly".

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:58 pm 

how funny I am reading Somalio Radio, Brampton Type.. in this forum. It appears these are special names given.

Coming to the point, parking on the lawn in not allowed in general, so you may get an answer for that from the town.

Similar rule for trash pick up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:32 pm 

are people really parking on their grass????

Usually the water mains are there and i would be scared you can damage that can you not?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:05 am 

Miltonian2015 wrote:
I tried to google search this question but me too dumb.

I have a neighbor who parks one of the three cars on their lawn. We all have 1 car garages along with 1 space outside the garage and I've found out of course this neighbor rents out their basement. Unfortunately they are the Brampton type that also leave all of their furniture out on the curb to be picked up a month in advanced. :roll:

Are there bi-laws against these sort of things?

Yes, definitely there is a bylaw for parking on the grass. Phone the city bylaw department and make an official complaint. They will send and enforcement officer to check it out and give the owner a written notice of the infraction with instructions that if they don't cease parking on the grass the Town will not only fine them but also take legal action should they continue.

We had idiot neighbors who were doing the same and that's what happened.
Good luck and I sympathize with you. Yeah, Milton used to be such a beautiful and clean town but in the last few years all sorts of uncivilized and dirty pigs have moved in and are turning certain areas of town into a cesspool. So sad really.

And to those persons here who might take offence to my last statement, I further add: "if the shoe fits, wear it"....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:23 am 

007 wrote:
There should be a mind your business by-law

Bylaws are there for very good reasons.

If you don't care and believe that anyone can do whatever they please on their property, you're wrong. Perhaps you've never owned nor invested money on a house and therefore couldn't care less on how their behavior impacts the house values on that street. Do you rent one of those illegal apartments by any chance? Is that why you say people should mind their own business? People like yourself who like to bury their heads in the sand and prefer not to get involved are a big part of the problem.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:34 pm 

All Star wrote:
Miltonian2015 wrote:
We had idiot neighbors who were doing the same and that's what happened.
Good luck and I sympathize with you. Yeah, Milton used to be such a beautiful and clean town but in the last few years all sorts of uncivilized and dirty pigs have moved in and are turning certain areas of town into a cesspool. So sad really.

This comment reminded me of the person who posted that their neighbor was throwing food scraps in their yard LOL

Wonder what ever happened to that........

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:35 pm 

All Star wrote:
007 wrote:
There should be a mind your business by-law

Bylaws are there for very good reasons.

If you don't care and believe that anyone can do whatever they please on their property, you're wrong. Perhaps you've never owned nor invested money on a house and therefore couldn't care less on how their behavior impacts the house values on that street. Do you rent one of those illegal apartments by any chance? Is that why you say people should mind their own business? People like yourself who like to bury their heads in the sand and prefer not to get involved are a big part of the problem.

I do own a house. Bought my first one when I turned 20...

I maybe have been lucky but Ive never had a extreme problem that would make me need the law.

Maybe some have very bad neighbors here????

And no I dont rent an illegal apartment. I bought a house so I can have my own private space.

I just assume if someone was renting an illegal apt and parking on grass and throwing garbage all over the law would get to them automatically????

I mean maybe I came across wrong originally I apologize but if someone is doing something so bad how is it that they dont get stopped?

The Brampton comment annoyed me. I know some people with real real nice homes in Brampton. Nicer than alot of the homes in Milton.

|There is nice and ugly in many neighborhoods you get what you pay for.

Surely someone with 1 car garage 1 car driveway cant truly believe he is better than all of Brampton. There are houses in Brampton that probably have a bigger living room than his lot.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:39 pm 

007 wrote:
Surely someone with 1 car garage 1 car driveway cant truly believe he is better than all of Brampton. There are houses in Brampton that probably have a bigger living room than his lot.

I think you're missing the whole point here. The writer's question was about his neighbor parking on the grass and what could be done about it and I responded that there's a bylaw that prevents home owners from parking on their lawn and that he/she is fully within their legal rights to report them.

It's obvious by your remarks that you automatically assume that just because someone owns a "large house with a bigger lot" that they are responsible, good neighbors who properly look after their property. That's not necessarily the case. I know people who owned a multi-million home in Richmond Hill to let it go to ruins because they couldn't be bothered to look after it. But, the point in this discussion is that regardless of the size of the house & lot, a homeowner should not try to circumvent or ignore the existing bylaws and then feign ignorance.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:44 pm 

If someone was doing such a thing on a regular basis wouldnt they get caught? serious question.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:01 pm 

007 wrote:
If someone was doing such a thing on a regular basis wouldnt they get caught? serious question.

Yes, once someone reports them. By law enforcement in this town operates on a complaint basis.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:07 am 

The discussion has been about parking on lawns which I detest. Does anyone on here know the rules when the homeowner has their lawn replaced by an interlock/concrete pad to accommodate an extra vehicle? Seeing more of these pop up all around Milton. Does it require a building permit to add these?

It's hard to believe it's a "complaint only" system! Surely staff can get in one of their vehicles once a month and spend a few hours just cruising the neighborhoods ensuring compliance with accepted rules and by-laws. My biggest concern is that they've been asleep at the wheel and now there are so many potential violators to deal with,......

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:14 am 

AB wrote:
The discussion has been about parking on lawns which I detest. Does anyone on here know the rules when the homeowner has their lawn replaced by an interlock/concrete pad to accommodate an extra vehicle? Seeing more of these pop up all around Milton. Does it require a building permit to add these?

It's hard to believe it's a "complaint only" system! Surely staff can get in one of their vehicles once a month and spend a few hours just cruising the neighborhoods ensuring compliance with accepted rules and by-laws. My biggest concern is that they've been asleep at the wheel and now there are so many potential violators to deal with,......

Ive seen lots of paved parking shoulders in the GTA.

If done correct they look nice. I dont get why people worry about this? Not being sarcastic I just really dont get why anyone cares. If I had to be picky I see bigger problems.

Like every time garbage or recycling is picked up in my neck of the woods you come home to a street covered in garbage. This didnt happen in my previous neighborhood, Another concern is the park by my house people are clearly dumping their household waste there.

Someone paving a parking portion on their part of the land parking their car there is not nearly as concerning as garbage all over the street due to spillage by the collectors at a constant basis.