HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:13 pm 

PV86 wrote:
Mr.Peppermint wrote:
For the naysayers WHERE do you WANT the growth to happen?

"Walking distance" to Milton Transit - Go Transit Hub.

Milton is a Commuter Town, it would be better to keep the high-density areas nearby the Go station, which also is closer to the 401 than Derry/On25.

Derry Rd is already the most congested road in Milton, probably because it is one of only two ways to go to "Milton West" (West of the railway / Bronte Road).

I'm not against the project, but I think high density areas belong near to the Transit Hub of towns.

There IS a proposal to build condos over by Superstore
Again we got the screaming about NIMBY & think of the congestion

I'd also argue that taking a Milton bus from 25/Derry to GO is a rather easy thing to do
Most people commute far greater distances in most other cities (Mississauga, Brampton, Vaughan, Hamilton etc)

The main reason Derry has such terrible congestion is due to 401
25 exit was never meant to handle volume so many are driving across Milton to/from JSP

Once Tremaine interchange is finished there should be a drastic decrease in traffic across town, even during rush hour

kf095 wrote:
What boggles me is totally clueless individuals like you. It is not 16 stories, it is 25, 20 and 16 stories highrises.
How difficult it is for you to read the title of this thread?
It seems to be less difficult to draw false assumptions about those who aren't just clueless, we take it all veggies.

Actually bylaw prevents the 25 story tower (I could point out how clueless you are at this point)
And if they allow it then so what really?

kf095 wrote:
Only few are against of condos here. Condos are part of the new and old Milton already. Old Milton has new condos already build and more are coming.

Bull ship
There are at least 4 threads on this very board about "not here"
Wherever condos are built the villagers have the flaming brands ready to protest
Too many hick farmers who are afraid of towers after watching Lord of the Rings one too many times

kf095 wrote:
People who have purchased in areas nearby with caution did checked and were told by town it is 10 stories maximum on this location.
Most of the residents I knew and asked about it are not against of this limit proposed by the town for this location.

In the area???
Unless I am blind I do not see any homes anywhere close to this proposed site
Who are these residents in the area?
(and again I will point back to this very thread where Rick himself stated they EXPECTED 20 stories, so um where exactly did you or these phantom landowners get assurances for 10 stories?)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:54 am 

I'm not sure if proposed developing near SuperStore has anything to do with this thread.

Sorry, here is no bylaw on how tall buildings could be proposed in Milton. Each location has zoning with suggested heights.
And then here is new guide, planning which was in review, consultation with public until previous week.
25/Derry has zoning with suggested heights up to ten stories by now. I was told by town representative on councilor meeting about it while I was giving speech on this subject.

It is not in my practice to determine if person is blind, but where are houses facing this location and they are going to be affected (including devaluation) if those extremely tall high rises to be build. This is why people came to the council meeting to speak on public.

Have you ever lived in large cities and commute as you mentioned, suggested?
I did and as the person with real and long experience I could tell you, it is not as simple as a bus to Go station.
For high and large concentration like builder wants, it required to have additional intersections and traffic lights.
And not a bus. But multiple school buses and very frequent and multiple buses to easy traffic congestion.

Unfortunately some are deliberately ignorant (for profit) about it or just clueless due to their lack of experience. But at least town and regional councils I'm dealing with are far from it.